pixeltracker

Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog

Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#0Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 12:14pm

http://www.rentmovieblog.com/index.php

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

musicnmath
#1re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 12:17pm

anyone else having issues hearing it? There's only a Quicktime option, and I hear no Taye. re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog

ashley0139
#2re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 12:17pm

Thanks Capn. That will be great, I'm sure.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

LariTheLoud Profile Photo
LariTheLoud
#3re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 12:20pm

Turn up your volume and you should be able to hear him.

Cute, Taye. Real cute. XD

"Oh, good. After all, I can rub my stomach and pat my head at the same time, and I can do it with my eyes closed while whistling 'The Entertainer.' That's rhythm for you." ~ Snaps, proving that White Boys CAN have rhythm

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#4re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 12:21pm

Oh please. Someone get the man a candy bar before he cries.

I didn't like how the video portrayed him.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
Updated On: 7/27/05 at 12:21 PM

musicnmath
#5re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 12:25pm

grr...my volume is up! (i had to turn off altar boyz hoping to hear it). I hope they put one up for windows media player!

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#6re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 12:32pm

It worked for me, the whole thing was a bit akward, although still enjoyable of course....

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

gavrochegirl
#7re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 12:36pm

Ha ha..."something chocolatety..."

What the puck?!

incendiary_wit Profile Photo
incendiary_wit
#8re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 12:40pm

He is just so cute! The candy bar thing was adorable.

1. Ted Allen: Everyone has an interesting life if you ask the right questions.
2. Great buckets of Spoffnor, they're going to sing!
3. "I love shrubs that are historical." -Johnny and The Sprites
4. "We're not singing it to you, we're singing it for us." -Rosario Dawson, about La Vie Boheme
5. "The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours." -The History Boys
6. "Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it, feel it and pass it on. Not for me, not for you, but for someone, somewhere, one day. Pass it on, boys. That's the game I want you to learn. Pass it on." -The History Boys

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#9re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 1:07pm

The video was weird. It just seemed like really random topics to be discussing, between his wardrobe and smoozing for candy. People said Idina came across as spacey last week, but she was the poster child for Adderall compared to this.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

Footlooser Profile Photo
Footlooser
#10re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 1:08pm

Everyone that can make it to the priemere should bring candybars for Taye.

"You know just because you put a smiley face after it doesn't change the fact that it was an a-hole comment." ~ Sumofallthings

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#11re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 1:14pm

That was...interesting.

This is my signature.

AmandaJ
#12re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 1:15pm

I think that is a fabulous idea Footlooser!!! I was thinking we should all send him some candy bars, I think if everyone did, he wouldn't have a need for candy bars for a long time.

Can't wait for the movie!

loudasthehelliwant Profile Photo
loudasthehelliwant
#13re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 1:20pm

I thought it was really cute and funny. A bit awkward, yes, but still very adorable. I thought he came off loads better than Idina... but that's just me, of course.

"I mean, how many of us could honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building?"

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#14re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 1:39pm

They made him look like a jerk with the whole clothing and candy bar thing.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

timote316
#15re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 1:45pm

He did come off as a jerk, but it was still humorous nonetheless. And speaking of, I could go for a candy bar right now...

AmandaJ
#16re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 1:46pm

He didn't look like a jerk on the clothing part. The guy has style and a great fashion sense. The outfit they put him in wasn't up to his fashion standards, that's all. In interviews, Idina has even said that he picks out what she wears. So don't fault him for having good taste in clothing.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#17re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 1:54pm

He chooses what Idina wears? Can we say CONTROL FREAK!

And it SERIOUSLY looked like he was gonna cry if he didn't get his candy bar. He was a four year old!

These videos are a marketing ploy to bring viewers to the website regularly. No substance to them. They don't have to show clips of filming - have video interviews regarding Rent or the movie or something specific. Just not "OK, the camera is pointed at you. Do something."

--Aristotle

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#18re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 1:59pm

Haha, I like when Anthony asked him about the clothes .. he looked around to make sure no one big was listening. Greaaat.

The background noise is pretty funny to listen to, too.

He's just having fun. If he was a jerk, we would all already know it, because people would've complained about it.

And Idina didn't say he exacly picks out her clothes, what she said was, "He buys me lots of clothes, and he styles me. It's great!"

She said it when her and JLT performed on The View for Halloween last year.

No big deal, this is supposed to be about the video, not Taye and Idina.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#19re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 2:16pm

"I'll feel better when I have a little candy bar"

Heh, you just CAN'T hate him.

XOsweet_dancerOX Profile Photo
XOsweet_dancerOX
#20re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 4:02pm

if it got me onto the set i would bring him a chocolate candy bar..

Kristin Chenoweth could barely control a Great Dane she trotted onto the stage. "Great, they gave me a dog that weighs five times what I do", she quipped. For the record, she weighs 93 pounds, and has a Maltese.

#21re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 4:31pm

Same here... who wouldn't willingly give Taye Diggs a candy bar? I like kind of close to Hershey's... I'd be willing to get him a big Hershey's chocolate bar if it got me anywhere near the set.

I loved the video blog, I work till 3 so I've been busy until now to see it.
--korenglish

kitkatt456 Profile Photo
kitkatt456
#22re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 4:39pm

AHh my sound doesn't work either, I can see the video but there's no sound! I could hear all the other video blogs fine, and I know my volume is up and my speakers are on cause I'm listening to music right now, that makes me sad re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog WHat were they talking about? Anything about the movie?

#23re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 4:40pm

Just about his Benny outfit and him wanting a candy bar... nothing really about the movie.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#24re: Taye Diggs Video Added To Rent Blog
Posted: 7/27/05 at 7:13pm

awww. *shrug* I thought it was funny.

"a stylish fellow." Nice outfit, Taye.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Videos