kelly clarkson

Marc Profile Photo
Marc
#0kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 3:24pm

what role would you like to see kelly clarkson do on broadway.

i thought there was talk of her doing belle for awhile. did anyone else hear that?

Garland Grrrl Profile Photo
Garland Grrrl
#1re: kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 3:25pm

i'd like to see kelly as the bar back at the marriott marquis.

Mind is Mantra.

JoMarch Profile Photo
JoMarch
#2re: kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 3:25pm

I read an interview with her once and she said she always wanted to play Eponine.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#3re: kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 3:27pm

I actually could see her as Eponine.

And while I really love her voice (and that's saying something because I'm definately not really into pop music..but I do love her CD), I don't think there really is a Broadway part for her. I mean if she is ever casted then I won't have a problem or anything, but I dunno..

She isn't too bad of an actress either..even though From Justin to Kelly isn't really the best movie to show case talent....

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#4re: kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 3:30pm

Ahh... none?? I dont mean to sound rude, But I just sdont think that there are any roles for her. I just cant picture her all dirty wairing that brown jacket singing "On my own"

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#5re: kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 3:31pm

She would make an amazing Maureen in my opinion. I would also love to hear her belt Elphaba's part. She has enough acting chops to pull off both roles I think.

Akiva

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#6re: kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 3:32pm

Maureen could work...

The only way I wouldn't see her as Eponine is..well because if I should ever watch the show, I wouldn't look at her performance and think the complex character that Eponine is..I'll thikn KELLY CLARKSON.

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

Marc Profile Photo
Marc
#7re: kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 3:37pm

i would love to hear kelly belting as the green girl. can you imagine that voice belting defy gravity??!!

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#8re: kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 3:41pm

I think she could sing Wicked songs amazingly..but for some reason I just can't see her as Elphaba..

We'll give her Dorothy in a remake of The Wizard of Oz

QueenAnne82 Profile Photo
QueenAnne82
#9re: kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 3:42pm

NOTHING! Pleaze... kelly... go away! Not to mention she can't speak coherantly.

Everything in this room is *eat*able. Even I'm *eat*able. But that is called cannibalism, my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies. ~Willy Wonka

It's TRUE! GET A FREE IPOD!!! It's really easy http://premiumipods.freepay.com/?r=15232098 Ask me any questions about it.

I love Ana Gasteyer and Chicago Theater!!!

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#10re: kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 3:48pm

Love her...her voice is amazing. I don't know if she has a "Broadway style" voice, but with the latest trend of ladies (Bean, Espinosa, etc.), it seems like there might soon be a role for her on Broadway.

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

stagebeauty Profile Photo
stagebeauty
#11re: kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 3:56pm

i love her to death, but i cant really see her as anything on broadway. maybe christine colgate from drs?

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#12re: kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 4:05pm

She's really got a powerhouse voice. There was talk of her replacing Eden in Brooklyn, I had thought. She can sing Elphaba, but I'm not sure if she can act it. Maybe with Joe Mantello helping. I can TOTALLY see her as Maureen, that's a perfect role in my opinion. She could be in Godspell, or maybe even Tracy in Hairspray, but she wouldn't really be able to use her crazy belt in that one.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#13re: kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 4:10pm

I'm sorry to say this, but I really don't think that the role of Elphaba requires any amazing acting chops. I mean, luckily there have been some great actresses in the role, but I think a decent actress with a killer voice could pull it off just fine. It's not as deep a part as some like to think. I personally would LOVE to hear Kelly's sexy smokey voice singing I'm Not that Girl and No Good Deed, songs that really would compliment her voice.

Akiva

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#14re: kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 4:15pm

I think Kelly would probably act the role better than some who have already played it, lol. I think she'd be a great Maureen as well. I'd LOVE to see her as Maureen.

sipos
#15re: kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 4:18pm

I vote Maureen.

(Les Miz is still closed on Bdwy, right??? .. I don't see her doing a tour of that.)

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#16re: kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 4:20pm

I think that's a big problem with Broadway shows and regional shows for that matter: that acting is not a big component. Elphaba is a very conflicted character, and her acting moments shouldn't be glossed over. I've only seen Idina play the role, and she acted it superbly, but I can only imagine how boring the show would be if Elphaba was just a belter with no personality.

I'm not a Wicked fan really at all. It has it's moments, but doesn't do it for me, but I just hate when people say that if they just have a good voice they'll be able to pull off a part. Not the case. I've been bored to death with Reno's who can't act, or Javert's who can't act and it's awful. Acting SHOULD be a priority, just as much as a powerhouse voice.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#17re: kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 4:27pm

bjivie2...unfortunately that's what seems to be happening with replacements like Bean. Good belter, but not acting chops. I mean, she plays the role, but without bringing a lot of depth to it like Menzel did, it's horribly boring.

I would like to see Kelly take a stab at it though. If anything, her emotional investment in her music when she's onstage leads em to believe she has something that could turn out to be very good.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#18re: kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 4:40pm

Tevye!!!

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#19re: kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 4:45pm

I'd love to see her as Tracy.

itstheM Profile Photo
itstheM
#20re: kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 5:00pm

If she could act......hmmm, I can't think of anything, but I really just like listening to her albums. Yeah...

Baby, dream your dream Close your eyes and try it!

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#21re: kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 5:07pm

I think me and Cat were having a discussion about this the other day. She seems sort of like..a Sherie/Eden sort of person to me. Not quite...Idina. But a lot of her roles fit her (Maureen, Kate in Lippa's Wild Party...not very sure about Elphaba. I'm 50/50 on that one.)

But I want to see her as Christine Colgate!

My wish is that Kelly SINGS the songs. But doesn't actually..act them out. Because I can definitely hear her voice on all these songs, but I just can't see her in the ROLE. It's the weirdest thing. I'll always just see her as a recording artist.

For her...roles like Brookyln, Elphaba, Christine, Kate, Amneris...they all seem like roles her voice would be very good for. But I just can't see her on stage...performing them, but rather in the studio recording them.

This is my signature.
Updated On: 8/22/05 at 05:07 PM

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#22re: kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 5:09pm

Maureen!!!!

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

Conor Profile Photo
Conor
#23re: kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 5:25pm

Natalie in All Shook Up. Kelly kinda has the sext tomboy thing going on, i'm such a fan of hers the only good thing that ever emerged out of AI. Well her and scat girl.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#24re: kelly clarkson
Posted: 8/22/05 at 6:06pm

Conor- PERFECT

Videos