Sexiest Songs from Musicals- Page 2

Sexiest Songs from Musicals

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#25re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 9:32am

Special from Avenue Q
Sugar Daddy from Hedwig and the Angry Inch

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

SorryGrateful
#26re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 10:20am

I agree with the people who named the Phantom and Jekyll and Hyde songs. They are definitely fantastic and sextacular.

I maybe a little weird for saying this one, but I kind of get a little worked up during "Hello, Little Girl" from Into the Woods. I got even more worked up when I got the ITW DVD and saw Robert Westenberg with that shocking wolf costume. Tee hee.

You promised me poems. ~Tricky

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#27re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 10:27am

Are we justifying them being sexy based on music, lyric or staging?

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

shortydudette
#28re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 10:43am

All three?

I super-second Lost and Found from City of Angels. Although Tennis Song is also pretty sexy.

theatre.

peach
#29re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 10:44am

Let's see, I agree with most of the posts already...

All That Jazz - Chicago
Whatever Lola Wants - Damn Yankees
Hey Big Spender - Sweet Charity

Also - With You from Pippin (that is, if it's being done by adults and NOT by a high school!).

Hmm - I'm seeing a Fosse pattern here.

Lori
#30re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 10:44am

I think the stage version of "Point of No Return" from POTO is extremely sexy...especially if the Phantom has great hands (Kevin Gray, Hugh Panaro & John Ownen Jones come to mind)

"Take Care! When I am thwarted I am very terrible!"
Updated On: 8/30/05 at 10:44 AM

worrell4077
#31re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 10:50am

"The Orgy"-Reefer Madness
"Little Mary Sunshine"-Reefer Madness
"When You've Got It, Flaunt It"-The Producers
"Special"-Avenue Q
"You Can Be as Loud as The Hell You Want"-Avenue Q
"Let Yourself Go"-All Shook Up

elphieisperky
#32re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 10:56am

My choices:

"Contact" and "Out Tonight"-Rent
"Lost and Found" and "The Tennis Song"-City of Angels
"Special"-Avenue Q
"Son of Great Big Stuff" and "Love is My Legs"-DRS
"Whatever Lola Wants"-Damn Yankees

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#33re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 11:04am

"Are we justifying them being sexy based on music, lyric or staging?"

Just whatever you think makes them sexy. I try not to be too limiting in my topics, I feel like it's a hindrance to discussion.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

AlixEG1 Profile Photo
AlixEG1
#34re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 11:11am

Contact - Rent
I'll Cover You - Rent (not in an I want you now kind of way, but the love you feel in that song makes it sexy)
Everything's Alright - Jesus Christ Superstar - a good mix of love, seduction and jealousy

Taylor the latte boy, Bring me java, bring me joy! Taylor the latte boy, I love him, I love him, I love him

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#35re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 12:42pm

no one has mentioned sooner or later from dick tracy

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."

hypertruffle
#36re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 12:48pm

I never saw the staging of this song, but would 'Tick Tock' from Company qualify?

"The cynicism you refer to, I acquired the day I discovered I was different from little boys!~All About Eve

OtherDaryl Profile Photo
OtherDaryl
#37re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 1:00pm

'Come to me, bend to me, kiss me good day . . ." Brigadoon

"Tick Tock" certainly qualifies depending on choreographer and dancer - unfortunately, most productions I've seen of Company just wipe it out.

"Love Life. Live." Michael Bennett
Updated On: 8/30/05 at 01:00 PM

sweeedboy
#38re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 1:03pm

No one every mentions the music in sexiest song categories that pop up, but i think Wild Party(Lippa) has some very very sexy songs. The juggernaut just drips sex, I LOVE IT! Most of the songs with burrs and queenie there i just such sexual tension and anger you feel they are gonna drop to the floor and get to it, or kill each other

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#39re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 1:04pm

"I'd Be Surprisingly Good For You" - Evita

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

dry2olives Profile Photo
dry2olives
#40re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 1:12pm

"Blame It On the Summer Night" -- Rags

ticenewyorkcity Profile Photo
ticenewyorkcity
#41re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 1:17pm

Thou Shalt Not Ballet- Kate Levering Craig Bejerko on a bed....what???

NBC
#42re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 1:27pm

Wet from Steel Pier...especially as sung by Brent Barrett and Jane Krakowski on his Kander & Ebb album...

I second and third The Tennis Song and Lost and Found from City of Angels.

Also...Sweet Transvestite from The Rocky Horror Show, Take Off With Us from Fosse (and the movie All That Jazz), and Shameless and This Night from Movin' Out as performed by Elizabeth Parkinson and Keith Roberts.

"I cried during the Frug." - MC

CastAlbumFan Profile Photo
CastAlbumFan
#43re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 10:15pm

Ya know, listening to my TWO GENTLEMEN OF VERONA CD, there were several sexy songs in there ("Thurio's Rhumba", "To Whom It May Concern", ""What's a Nice Girl Like You", etc.)

Praying Decca Broadway will put "Don't Bother Me, I Can't Cope" on CD!

boytobroadway
#44re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 10:20pm

Definatley CONTACT from RENT. I remember the first time I heard that song...oh my.

CONTACT is hot and sexy,
B2B

Marguerite Chauvelin
#45re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 10:26pm

"Where's the Girl?" Scarlet Pimpernel- Terry's vocals in that can put me in a coma.
"Point of no Return" POTO- It's beautiful
"Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered" Pal Joey- I LOVE that song, ecspecially if Patti Lupone sings it.

If Percy Blakeney were in Les Mis....

Percy: Sink me! If it isn't Javvurt!
Javert: Zsah-vair, it's pronounced Zsah-vair.
Pecry: But it's spelled J-A-V-E-R-T Javvurt.
Javert: Repeat after me Zsah...Zsah....
Percy: Oh! Zsa-Zsa! Like the Gabor sister! Well I personally have always prefered Eva.
Javert: (Looks for gun)

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#46re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 11:13pm

All That Jazz - Chicago
Whatever Lola Wants - Damn Yankees
Hey Big Spender - Sweet Charity
ironically all done by bebe neuwerth

wet- as performed by brent barett and jane krakowski

a call from the vatican- jane krakowski

bring on the men- a song i was barred from listening to when i first got the cd (to clarify i was about 11)

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#47re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 11:36pm

The As Long As You Are Mine when Idina and Taye were playing opposite each other. I have seen videos of it, and it was palpable. The two of them have some chemistry.

wickedkiwi Profile Photo
wickedkiwi
#48re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 11:43pm

i second "sooner or later", but i like the putting it together version better.

also bang from putting it together. that is one HOT number!!!

oooo and that opening number from passion i like too. actually quite a few numbers from passion i think, no?

Tenme por lo que soy, por lo que puedo ser, y si te importo hoy, tenme nena, o vete!

CostumeMistress Profile Photo
CostumeMistress
#49re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
Posted: 8/30/05 at 11:51pm

"Where's the Girl?" from Scarlet Pimpernel. Mmmmmmmmm. "I'll warm you, I'll rouse you..." Please, please do!

I've also always loved "Too Much In Love To Care" from Sunset Boulevard.

And let's not forget "Last Night of the World" from Miss Saigon.

Avatar - Isaac, my blue-fronted Amazon parrot. Adopted 9/7/07. Age 30 (my pet is older than me!)