pixeltracker

You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....- Page 5

You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....

Broadway_Boy
#100re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/28/05 at 5:11pm

When you've seen every show on broadway at least twice. (ME)

Check out the app Todaytix if you haven't already for theatre tickets around the world. My referral code is DGHVR

Avigdor Profile Photo
Avigdor
#101re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/28/05 at 5:33pm

you title on post on a website entiteld
you know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when...

farfrombway
#102re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/30/05 at 4:15pm

Thank you! That is the nicest thing anyone has said to be all day. :) Imagine what I would be like if I actually lived in NYC. re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....

Dollypop
#103re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/30/05 at 4:22pm

When you invite your favorite Broadway actor and his wife to dinner in your home and they accept.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

stylinbohemian
#104re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/30/05 at 4:39pm

theater advisory in your school go to you for show information

"If There's One Thing to Learn it's You Just Can't Go Wrong If You Follow Your Heart, and End With A Song"

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#105re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/30/05 at 4:42pm

When you introduce yourself to actors by your BWW screenname and they know who you are.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

farfrombway
#106re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/30/05 at 5:02pm

Dollypop. That is the coolest thing I have ever heard.

theatrebabe
#107re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/30/05 at 5:05pm

......you carve your pumpkins into theatre masks.

"While some feel it is a film related question, I seem to think it may be a 'I am thinking of losing my winkie' sort of question."
-cheezedoodle

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#108re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 11/1/05 at 11:09pm

You start writing out lyrics to "Great Big Stuff" when astronomy starts to get boring.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

freeadmission Profile Photo
freeadmission
#109re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 11/2/05 at 7:40am

You find out your coworker knows and loves Avenue Q and randomly burst out into song from it . . . at work. Yesterday it was "What Do You Do With A B.A. In English".

Urban
#110re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 11/2/05 at 8:09am

Two that are definately me:

Everytime somebody stands up to propose a toast, the first thought in your head is "to Maureen's noble tribe".

You have arguements with your female friends and you just want to shout at them "got to the cellar and pray women!"

Wax Lion Profile Photo
Wax Lion
#111re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 11/2/05 at 8:56am

"Maureen's Noble Tribe"? That makes Wax Lion chuckle.

Love,
Wax Lion

Urban
#112re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 11/2/05 at 10:29pm

Crap on a stick!

You know what I really mean *hits head*

On the other hand... it is rather funny what comes out of oneself when posting late at night while rather sleepy.

theatrebabe
#113re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 11/2/05 at 10:36pm

Today during Science, our teacher was talking about chemistery. It was driving me crazy!! Everytime she said "chemistry" I wanted to shout out "Chemistery? Yeah, chemistery!"

By the way. How do you spell chemistry. That doesn't look right.

"While some feel it is a film related question, I seem to think it may be a 'I am thinking of losing my winkie' sort of question."
-cheezedoodle

hypertruffle
#114re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 11/6/05 at 10:33pm

...when you suddenly spaz over the a clip from the Sweeney revival like the little nerd you are.

"The cynicism you refer to, I acquired the day I discovered I was different from little boys!~All About Eve

ForTheLoveOfLea Profile Photo
ForTheLoveOfLea
#115re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 11/6/05 at 10:41pm

When you bust out crying before the show even starts.

Thou giveth fever.

InTheRed Profile Photo
InTheRed
#116re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 11/6/05 at 10:46pm

smartpenguin:

LOL!!!!!

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#117re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 11/6/05 at 10:49pm

when you watch the hour and a half of a American Theatre Wing seminar about the production of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels when you should have been doing hw.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

InTheRed Profile Photo
InTheRed
#118re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 11/6/05 at 10:58pm

Dollypop, tell us more!

Malice Profile Photo
Malice
#119re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 11/7/05 at 11:24pm

While discussing Titus Androndicus in Shakespeare class and call him the demon barber of fleet street and only the professor gets the comment, while discussing Romeo and Juliet and mistakenly refer to the Montagues and Capulets as the Sharks and the Jets, and finally while discussing the witches in Macbeth, you keep thinking how Elphaba could kick their asses.

ameliapaige7
#120re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/11/08 at 6:03pm

...you wait for 3 hours in downtown detroit for idina menzel (and you're not even sure she's coming out.)

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#121re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/11/08 at 6:25pm

When you work that silver magic you aim it at the wall.

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#122re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/11/08 at 6:25pm

^This thread was bumped to say you waited 3 hours for Idina Menzel? Ouch, lol. But anyway, great thread! Here’s some that apply to me:
- When your mp3 player is filled with all showtunes and other songs sung by Broadway performers
- When you can name the theater each show is playing in and what street it’s on…
- …and when you’re in the city and your friends ask where Rent/Xanadu/whatever is and you lead them there to “visit” it.
- When all your family members ask you first before buying tickets or when deciding on what show to see.

Others I just made up:
- When the stage door security man knows who you are.
- When you have to go to a certain performer’s first or last show.
- When you have too much Broadway merchandise to fit in your house/apartment.

maddiem
#123re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/11/08 at 6:46pm

You have seen Les mis at least 15 times?? :)

CONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
#124re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/11/08 at 7:34pm

When you see Rent Remixed in London 25 times in its 3 month run and the lead cast tell you to go home and stop wasting your money and offer you a slice of pizza in between shows when they order in!

Or when you are planning a trip to NYC for the first time around when Rent is in Phili and have worked out you can see 10 shows in one week, and even more if you venture into off-broadway, which i will be doing!