News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Kelly Clarkson...

YankeesFan175
#0Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 4:18pm

does anyone think she might be able to do well vocally on broadway in certain roles? im sure a lot of you hate her b/c of the "pop idol" label, but seriously (and if this thread bothers you, just dont respond. im looking for serious opinions, no sarcasm or bashing, please)

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~
Updated On: 11/4/05 at 04:18 PM

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#1re: Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 4:21pm

I always thought Kelly would be a great Maureen in RENT.

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#2re: Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 4:21pm

I think she is a terrific singer, but dont think she could act thru anything I can think of. Want her to keep singing, just not on bway.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

whateverman
#3re: Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 4:23pm

SHE IS ANOTHER VANILLA SOUL WANNA BE. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZ. GET THE REAL DEAL.

CaroleeFan Profile Photo
CaroleeFan
#4re: Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 4:30pm

I'm holding out for a stage version of From Justin to Kelly.

"They hear drums, we hear music."- Passion.

YankeesFan175
#5re: Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 4:31pm

haha, i said no sarcasm, but that was too funny CaroleeFan!

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~

CaroleeFan Profile Photo
CaroleeFan
#6re: Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 4:32pm

Who said I was joking?

"They hear drums, we hear music."- Passion.

ianacts Profile Photo
ianacts
#7re: Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 4:34pm

I think Kelly Clarkson could do any number of things. She would have been great in " Brooklyn".

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#8re: Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 4:35pm

LOVE HER! ...but agree that she probably can't act. Vocally she may be stronger than some of the current leading ladies.

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05

YankeesFan175
#9re: Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 4:35pm

sorry if you were serious. but the reviews and rating that movie got when it came out were just awful!

but maybe if kelly was given better material (a good broadway show perhaps) she could pull it off?

GilmoreGirlO2 Profile Photo
GilmoreGirlO2
#10re: Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 5:35pm

Agreed she would make a GREAT Brooklyn!

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#11re: Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 5:38pm

I could see her do a concert version of something.

kate2
#12re: Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 5:40pm

i was just thinking about this the other day. i think Kelly's voice is amazing. She would probably be good on broadway

DramaDork925
#13re: Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 5:41pm

I think I remember her talking about doing musicals when she was in high school... I wouldn't mind her crossing over to theatre... She's pretty unannoying and I find myself singing along with her.

Am I cut out to spend my time this way?

CrAzIaBoUtReNt
#14re: Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 5:45pm

I second that she would be a great Maureen.

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#15re: Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 6:10pm

This is under the assumption she would get a role on Broadway... because I mean, just becuase you think she can "sing" doesn't mean she can act.

But then again, look at Drew Lachey and RENT... it's possible, so I would assume that Maureen in RENT would be her only shot.

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

ChristineDaae Profile Photo
ChristineDaae
#16re: Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 6:14pm

Kelly Clarkson is a really good singer. She can handle B'Way

"Life will be frozen peaches and cream. Baby, dream Your Dream" ~ SC

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#17re: Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 6:23pm

She's unbe-freaking-lievable IMO. She's great.

I could so see her as Maureen.

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#18re: Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 6:35pm

She's amazing.

I wouldn't judge her acting ability based on "From Justin to Kelly." She even has said that the movie was awful, but she had to do because of winning "American Idol." An incredible actress couldn't of turned that script into something good.

I'm not about to say that a music video and a Broadway show are the same, but she is really amazing in the "Because of You" video. :)

Updated On: 11/4/05 at 06:35 PM

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#19re: Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 6:41pm

I really really like Kelly. I've never seen From Justin to Kelly, but I agree that she's a pretty good actress in her music videos. Don't know how that would translate on stage though.

iheartcheyenne123 Profile Photo
iheartcheyenne123
#20re: Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 7:32pm

I really like Kelly Clarkson, she has a great voice! I don't kno how she would do on broadway tho...i bet she would b cute! lol...i never saw her act..i bet she can tho re: Kelly Clarkson...

--Alex-- "They're singing, "Happy Birthday" You just wanna lay down and cry Not just another birthday, it's 30/90 Why can't you stay 29 Hell, you still feel like you're 22 Turn 30 in 1990 Bang! You're dead, what can you do?" --TTB

Conor Profile Photo
Conor
#21re: Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 7:44pm

Kelly is a phenomenal vocalist, but her videos/ From Justin to Kelly lead me to believe that she hasn't got the actign chops to hit Broadway...yet. I mean she could work on it.

Jon
#22re: Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 8:12pm

She'd be a great Annie Oakley - and the right age, for a change.

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#23re: Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 8:20pm

I think that when she first started out she had a really powerful voice and could probably do very well on Broadway in certain roles (I agree with the comment about her doing Maureen maybe) but now after a year or two of touring I think she's completely trashed her voice. I saw her doing a concert on TV and she sounded so strained and scratchy and tired. Maybe it was just a bad night but her voice sounded completely shot live and no where near how good it was a year ago.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

Conor Profile Photo
Conor
#24re: Kelly Clarkson...
Posted: 11/4/05 at 8:24pm

so basically she probably sounded liek Idina Menzel after about 6 months in Wicked.

Videos