DefyingEDCT
#50re: New WICKED cast
Posted: 11/28/05 at 10:05pm

FYI: Cristy Candler left a while ago

wicked4life51 Profile Photo
wicked4life51
#51re: New WICKED cast
Posted: 11/28/05 at 10:36pm

who is replacing derrick and carol on the tour?

"what? what is it? do i have something in my teeth? ok lets get this over with : no im not seasick,yes ive always been green, and no i didnt chew grass as a child "

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#52re: New WICKED cast
Posted: 11/28/05 at 10:42pm

Carole Shelley and ??? (AKA not yet announced)

defying_gravity2
#53re: New WICKED cast
Posted: 11/28/05 at 10:46pm

Yay! I'm so excited for Eden. I saw her in SF, and she was phenominal. I was really hoping she would be brought in after Sho left. This really made my day. Good for Derrick, too. He was great when I saw him.

Pillowpants. 'Nuff said.

JulesReverie Profile Photo
JulesReverie
#54re: New WICKED cast
Posted: 11/28/05 at 10:51pm

Eden I'm beyond thrilled about, she made a phenominal Elphaba and is my second favorite one, Derreck...so so, it could be worse trust me, and Kane was a decent Morrible definetely not the worst *cough* chicago morrible*cough*

I can't wait till the new pics of Eden's Elphaba comes online

And Jenna should be the next Belle instead of another permenent Nessa, she's kind of too good for that role IMO I got that feeling when I saw Wicked in SF last August.

halyiaganitefiz
#55re: New WICKED cast
Posted: 11/28/05 at 10:55pm

Carol is funny, though not the usual aggressive Morrible... Still funny, and it'll be interesting to see how she develops.

Eden, as far as I can tell, deserves another shot at the Great White Way. She has a huge following and for those of us who don't like her or don't know her that much at all (myself included) will get a chance to really get to know her, in a manner of speaking.

And Derrick.... I am so proud of him. He has come a long way, and grown so much in his work with the tour, and this is a huge opportunity for him to grow even more and get even better.

I also hope those of you who posted in this thread saying what a bad choice it was to cast Derrick will give him another chance. He's incredibly passionate, and he is his own person. He never asked to follow in the footsteps of Norbert (and Taye and Joey), and obviously Norbert is extraordinary (he DID win a Tony this year, after all). But Derrick is nonetheless talented, passionate, and a good, sweet man. I'd say that merits people to look twice, to see the show, give him another chance. Just my two cents, and please don't think I'm trying to start a flame. I promise I'm not. re: New WICKED cast

-Aly

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#56re: New WICKED cast
Posted: 11/28/05 at 11:00pm

halyiaganitefiz, Thank you for posting such an intelligent answers. Do you know Derrick btw? It is nice to see people being supportive of actors on threads like this.

misto625 Profile Photo
misto625
#57re: New WICKED cast
Posted: 11/29/05 at 12:06am

I would give Derrick a chance just because he was in Aida...I imagine his interpretation is way different than Norbert etc.

Original Members still there: Michelle Federer, Sean McCourt, Adinah Alexander (?), Ben Cameron, LJ Jellison, Mark Myars, Jan Neuberger, and Walter Winston O'Neill.

Dean: Can I tell you something? Lorraine: That depends on what it is. Dean: I think you're really really pretty. Lorraine: (after a pause) Ok, you can tell me that.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#58re: New WICKED cast
Posted: 11/29/05 at 12:09am

misto - Adinah is moving on to be in The Wedding Singer, not sure when though
Playbill.Com article

lfae Profile Photo
lfae
#59re: New WICKED cast
Posted: 11/29/05 at 12:15am

I said on the other thread how happy I was for Eden...she's both an incredible performer and SO NICE! Yay for her! And yay for everyone who'll get to see her.

I also really loved Derrick's Fiyero so am glad to see him stepping over as well :)

Curious who all will be in the tour after this upheaval though!

TimeSuckage
#60re: New WICKED cast
Posted: 11/29/05 at 11:28am

Regarding comments about Derrick Williams, Broadway is not the place for an actor to learn and grow. You do that elsewhere. When you get to Broadway you better be on your game, and if what I saw is Derrick's best game, then he is the luckiest person alive to have landed the lead in a Broadway show.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#61re: New WICKED cast
Posted: 11/29/05 at 11:55am

Defying EDCT..

Wow. I didn't even know Cristy left! Anyone know who the new "Witch's Mother/ Nessa u/s" is? No one is credited on the site.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

halyiaganitefiz
#62re: New WICKED cast
Posted: 11/29/05 at 5:42pm

TimeSuckage -

All right, I agree that Broadway is the big league and you gotta be everything you possibly can to survive... I do think however, that there's no such thing as perfection, and that all actors (no matter how talented at birth) grow and change with every opportunity they are given (and what they earn as well). I also don't think it's anyone's place here to say who sucks and who does not; all that really says is who you like and who you don't like. That's opinion, and this is a place to share it, obviously, but what I mean is people who judge performers without a whole lot of justification. Opinion is one thing, and I can accept what you think/believe/like/dislike. But I still think that the fact that they ARE professionals gives them a huge leg up on you and me, you know? That deserves as much respect as our opinions.

I apologize if I'm coming off as passive-aggressive or just generally irky... I hope I'm not. :x

SirLiir-

Thank you for posting nicely as well! re: New WICKED cast And yes, I do know Derrick. I saw him perform July 7, 2004 as Norbert's understudy... and he was very shaky, but very sweet. We've been corresponding since last Feb. and I made a website (not very technologically advanced, I know, but it serves a purpose!) here: http://derrickwilliams.2ya.com/

washu2002
#63re: New WICKED cast
Posted: 11/29/05 at 6:01pm

Get a grip TimeSuckage. Who peed in your Cheerios man! Were you auditioning for this role and didn't get it? I am very excited that the producers have chosen a permanent African-American Fiyero. It's not as though there haven't been underdeveloped Caucasian performers headlining Broadway shows in the past! Give it a rest.

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#64re: New WICKED cast
Posted: 11/29/05 at 6:04pm

What a great opportunity for Eden. She deserves a second chance!

d5johnston Profile Photo
d5johnston
#65re: New WICKED cast
Posted: 11/29/05 at 7:06pm

Does anyone know how much longer Ben Vereen will still be with the show?

I might be going to go see it on Broadway in April and I was wondering if he would still be there.

Also, if anyone could tell me what actors are playing the Wizard and Morrible in Chicago, that would be amazing!

Read LETTERS TO A YOUNG ARTIST by Anna Deavere Smith!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#66re: New WICKED cast
Posted: 11/29/05 at 7:13pm

I HOPE that Ben will still be in the show when I go.

And in Chicago, Rondi Reed is Morrible and Gene Weygandt is the Wizard (I think).

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

willact4food Profile Photo
willact4food
#67re: New WICKED cast
Posted: 11/29/05 at 7:31pm

i didn't know carole shelley was going to do the tour. i wish she'd come back to broadway, she was a PERFECT morrible.

as much as i love rue, morrible just wasn't for her. although, i LOVE megan's impression of her at the end of the show. gets me every time!

"i hope you prove me wrooong"
"i doubt you wiiill"

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#68re: New WICKED cast
Posted: 11/29/05 at 9:24pm

I take it Megan Hilty is staying? Does anyone know when her contract is up?

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

Kev Profile Photo
Kev
#69re: New WICKED cast
Posted: 11/29/05 at 9:45pm

to answer the random inqueries
Adinah is NOT an original cast member (though she's a fabulous Morrible)
the new Witch's Mother is Carson Reide, but she does not u/s like Cristy.
swing Lori Ann Ferreri (sp) got bumped up to Nessa u/s.

Glindafan
#70re: New WICKED cast
Posted: 11/29/05 at 10:09pm

Megan's contract is up in June (I think)

Wisdom often comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone

PJ
#71re: New WICKED cast
Posted: 11/29/05 at 11:22pm

Megan most likely signed a twelve month contract. So it should be up in late May.

collins Profile Photo
collins
#72re: New WICKED cast
Posted: 11/29/05 at 11:44pm

I'm supposed to go in May to Atlanta...any way of knowing who will be performing, or is that too far ahead to speculate??

<---Adopt a shelter pet!

Glindafan
#73re: New WICKED cast
Posted: 11/30/05 at 10:20am

PJ is right - - Megan's contract is up on May 31st. She'll decide before then if she'll extend.

Wisdom often comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone