Adam on Tony Danza

Stater2002 Profile Photo
Stater2002
#0Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 10:16am

Did anyone make it to the show this morning? If so, let's hear all about it!

Tony is actually on in my area as we speak, and I am patiently waiting through an interview with John Lithgow (who is also amazing, so it is ok) for him to come on:)

As a side note, Tony gave the studio audience a book on Hollywood and Broadway...adding to my jealousy of not being there!

There is only one you for all time. Fearlessly be yourself. Anthony Rapp My avatar- the amazingly talented Michael Buble

SorryGrateful
#1re: Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 10:25am

em, you were going, right? I hope you woke up in time. re: Adam on Tony Danza

You promised me poems. ~Tricky

Stater2002 Profile Photo
Stater2002
#2re: Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 10:31am

This is killing me...no Adam yet...it figures, Tony is going to interview him last!

There is only one you for all time. Fearlessly be yourself. Anthony Rapp My avatar- the amazingly talented Michael Buble

joliz Profile Photo
joliz
#3re: Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 10:41am

He's being introduced!

"I love America more than any other country in the world, and exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually." - James Baldwin

Stater2002 Profile Photo
Stater2002
#4re: Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 10:42am

He looks so good! Oh, too cute...
Why did I not know that he and Idina grew up together..

Updated On: 12/6/05 at 10:42 AM

greenegirl87
#5re: Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 10:45am

haha i love that they grew up together.

butt...did he say eye-dina?

"But now the air is filled with confusion. We replace care with illusion."

joliz Profile Photo
joliz
#6re: Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 10:48am

Ok someone clue me in, is it eye-dina or ih-dina?

"I love America more than any other country in the world, and exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually." - James Baldwin

Billboard Girl Profile Photo
Billboard Girl
#7re: Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 10:49am

Awesome interview. He really got to talk about how he got to where he is, and Tony even mentioned Civilian and asked Adam if he's working on a new album - he said "soon" re: Adam on Tony Danza

"There was this one time an alarm went off - it was in the middle of '24.' That's just wrong. Everyone knows everyone was watching '24' at that time." --NYU student quoted in the Washington Square News about students ignoring the frequent fire alarms in dorms

Fantabulous428 Profile Photo
Fantabulous428
#8re: Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 10:50am

I think it has been said before that Adam pronounces her name eye-dina even though it us uh-dina. and yay for adam making a new cd soon!

I recognize the addiction to being alive.
Updated On: 12/6/05 at 10:50 AM

Hoof
#9re: Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 10:56am

I'm such a nerd- I woke up not knowing that he would be on and poof! the first channel I flick on is Adam!

Maybe us Rentheads/lovers of Adam have a special power that brings us to him.

Awesome interview.

timote316
#10re: Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 11:59am

Oh, awesome. Its on at 2:00 in my area. Definately be watching this one!

zilliow Profile Photo
zilliow
#11re: Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 12:21pm

I'm on the west coast so I'm still on the Lithgow interview.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#12re: Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 12:21pm

I was indeed there! Some really nice women from out of town let us have their extra tickets!

Adam says eye-dina, but the rest of the world always says that's incorrect. Who knows? Maybe it's the Long Island accent.

Anyway, I looked for him while we were waiting outside, but I couldn't find him, alas. I would've liked to say hi, or wish him luck, or whatever. Unfortunately they kept us for about an extra forty-five minutes to film future segments, and by the time we got out of there, he sure as hell wasn't still around. I caught his eye when he entered, though, as he was waving and soaking up his attention, and we mouthed "hey" to each other. That was fine enough. re: Adam on Tony Danza

Nonetheless, the interview was really, really good. It wasn't long, and it was mostly stuff we've heard before, but he was so relaxed! And the fact that he's going to record a new CD is the most wonderful, WONDERFUL news. Great job, Adam! Totally worth frozen toes and very little sleep. re: Adam on Tony Danza

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 12/6/05 at 12:21 PM

Fantabulous428
#13re: Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 12:23pm

re: Adam on Tony Danza. Do you think he would be more likely to record the new cd here or in LA?

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#14re: Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 12:23pm

"And the fact that he's going to record a new CD is the most wonderful, WONDERFUL news"

...unless he's moving to LA to do it.

EDIT- DARN YOU FANTABULOUS!!

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel
Updated On: 12/6/05 at 12:23 PM

luvtheEmcee
#15re: Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 12:24pm

Um, he'd better do it here.

Sh-k-Boom's stationed in New York, though. I'm almost sure of that.

Fantabulous428
#16re: Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 12:25pm

then maybe he'll stick around here for a while longer than expected. also, a new CD probably means the intimate club setting being discussed the other night, like he did with the release of Civilian. So lots of good news.

Updated On: 12/6/05 at 12:25 PM

luvtheEmcee
#17re: Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 12:26pm

I hope so. I miss those. I suppose I could try to e-mail him through Sh-k-Boom, but he's... well, slow.

rowers unite Profile Photo
rowers unite
#18re: Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 1:11pm

i missed it, stupid finals, if anyone can upload it that would be AWESOME... or pm me with a link to upload it

THANKS

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#19re: Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 1:15pm

It was funny when he was talking about the new CD and said it would be done soon, then laughed and said "soon" again. I bet he was remembering how often Civilian got delayed.

I guess it's not impossible that Sh-K-Boom could record in LA, but it seems much more likely it would be done here.

dreaminaret Profile Photo
dreaminaret
#20re: Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 1:15pm

went to the show this morning (yay for people having extra tix and being so nice to let us in!!!) i wish adam was on longer but it was fun. we didn't get to meet him but i think he was pretty receptive to our crazy loud cheering!

i grew up 13 miles north of bohemia and 31 miles northeast of hicksville.

luvtheEmcee
#21re: Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 1:17pm

That was, seriously, one of the best possible things that could've come out of today. I. Am. So. Happy.

My mother called to tell me she watched it, and was her usual cynical self. She was like "did he wave to you??!?!" *snort*

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#22re: Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 1:21pm

Well I could certainly hear you "home-town audience" people cheering. That was great.

luvtheEmcee
#23re: Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 1:23pm

See, he loves us!

Adam, honey, you won't have that in LA. re: Adam on Tony Danza (No offense to the West Coast fans -- I kid.)

Updated On: 12/6/05 at 01:23 PM

DancNdaMoonlite Profile Photo
DancNdaMoonlite
#24re: Adam on Tony Danza
Posted: 12/6/05 at 3:16pm

Wait. Did I miss this? Arghh I really wanted to see it. Anyone know what time it was on in LA?
Updated On: 12/6/05 at 03:16 PM

Videos