pixeltracker

What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?

What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?

MOOINGFORRENT Profile Photo
MOOINGFORRENT
#0What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 3:44pm

Hey ya'll ** I thought this question would be fun for everyone to answer. I've givin this a lot of thought. I consider myself to relate to Maureen Johnson from 'RENT' a lot. She is very out spoken and loves the stage. Loves to perform. She really doesn't care what others think about her, which I think everyone should feel like- I hope to play Maureen someday- that would be awesome.
Go RENT ***

*Theres only us, theres only this, forget regret, or life is yours to miss- no other road no other way, NO DAY BUT TODAY! *

fossemoves
#1re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 3:53pm

Mark Cohen - Always on the outside - looking in. Loving, but not connecting.

Of course there is a tiny bit of me that is Elphaba. I have this, you won't stop me attitude and I'm starting to get bitter and jaded about being so helpful and kind.

"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished."

children&art Profile Photo
children&art
#2re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 3:55pm

Lola - the devil made me do it.

Don't f*ck with me fellas. This ain't my first time at the rodeo.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#3re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 4:01pm

I am Charity Hope Valentine... no really i'm nor kidding

worrell4077
#4re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 5:45pm

It has to depend on my current mood and state of mind like right now I think I relate very well to Felix Unger because I'm a neurotic cleaner and can't really stand things being messed up.

I also relate to The Phantom of The Opera because he's a lonely individual who has to wear a mask to cover his deformity and all he really wants is to be loved and I relate because I sometimes feel lonely and deformed.

There's also a little Leo Bloom because I'm a bit neurotic and shy. Not so much now, but I often felt that I can relate to Seymour Krelbourn because I felt shy and a little nerdy and I often dreamnt about a girl I couldn't get.

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#5re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 5:47pm

Sweeney Todd.

Cause they all deserve to die.

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

Elphaba4
#6re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 6:13pm

I would say Nessarose because I'm shy and quiet. And when I get really pissed off, I get really pissed off! I turn into a "witch". I'm just "tragically beautiful"! I mean, people tell me I look like her and have that sweet, innocent voice but, when I want to, I can belt it out to people who tend to get me angry.

"There will always be women in rubber flirting with me" ~Maureen, RENT

Overthemoon6 Profile Photo
Overthemoon6
#7re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 6:47pm

Probably Hope Cladwell from Urintown, Eponine, and Galinda.

And then, do you know Monseiur Marius, I believe I was a little in love with you.
♥♥♥

LyTeMyCanDyI Profile Photo
LyTeMyCanDyI
#8re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 6:56pm

Mauren...I am the definition of drama queen...it's all about me, now and forever! I just AM her.
Also, I relate to Elphaba during I'm Not That Girl. I'm never that girl, and on the two occasions I was that girl I wasn't that girl for too long. lol.

Megan Mullally as Karen Walker on Will and Grace: "Tell me more. Tell me more. Like does he have a car?"

Overthemoon6
#9re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 7:01pm

I'm also a bit like Penny Pingleton.

And then, do you know Monseiur Marius, I believe I was a little in love with you.
♥♥♥

Billboard Girl Profile Photo
Billboard Girl
#10re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 7:01pm

Kate Monster. That part of "It Sucks To Be Me" is pretty much my life story.

"There was this one time an alarm went off - it was in the middle of '24.' That's just wrong. Everyone knows everyone was watching '24' at that time." --NYU student quoted in the Washington Square News about students ignoring the frequent fire alarms in dorms

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#11re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 7:11pm

Mark from RENT and a little bit of Johanna from Sweeney Todd. Yea- Scary, I know.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

dancing_through_life Profile Photo
dancing_through_life
#12re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 7:14pm

Hmm. . . I'd have to say either Lucy from Jekyll and Hyde, because I'm looking for a new life and someone whose like someone else (lol) or definitly Tracy from Hairspray. . . (yes i think im fat lol :)

*Do you think you can make me sing. . . I sing for myself, you can get me there but do you really think you can make me sing?*-Judy Garland

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#13re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 7:22pm

dancing _through_life: Is that you in your avatar pic?

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

waddledee524 Profile Photo
waddledee524
#14re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 7:24pm

Audrey II, because I gave up my natural ways of photosynthesis in order to make it big on Broadway.

Hear the words I sing: war's a horrid thing. So, I sing sing sing... Ding a ling a ling.

Overthemoon6
#15re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 7:26pm

I prefer the term "pleasantly plump" re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?

(that's from the Hairspray movie with Ricki Lake, for anyone who hasn't seen it)

♥♥♥

defying_gravity2
#16re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 7:33pm

I'm a lot like Maureen, except I'm not into girls. I'm also a little like Kate Monster right now.

Pillowpants. 'Nuff said.

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#17re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 7:49pm

The Leading Player from "Pippin"

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

JudasIscariot Profile Photo
JudasIscariot
#18re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 7:50pm

I relate most to the Phantom of the Opera (or Erik as you book readers like to call him).

I am not that great looking.
I love a girl thats already involved with someone.
I (try) to write my own music.
I can be soft and sentimental, but I can get enraged easily.

elphieisperky
#19re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 7:59pm

Elphie. I'm considered an outcast in my school, though people know me as nice, they don't take time to get to know me. But to my friends and other people, I'm Glinda. But heck, that's just Wicked.

I noticed when I was in Company that the part I played, Jenny, was just like me. She's caring and loving, yet willing to do a lot for people to love her back, and won't say no easily. Now that I'm doing Once on this Island, I can relate a lot to Ti Moune, in ways hard to describe. There's always one person in each show I do that I'm like, "Hey, that's so me!" It's the same with a lot of shows I see as well.

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#20re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 8:05pm

Elphie- Totally! My school did 42nd Street this year, and, it being my first show ever, with a bunch of people who have been in theatre since they could barely talk, I totally felt like Peggy Sawyer.

ohhoney_ Profile Photo
ohhoney_
#21re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 8:28pm

egads.
jack from "into the woods" because i wish that [i] could live in between ...
there's a bit of the naive quality of sally bowles in me, too.
and penny from hairspray. but you wouldn't understand unless you knew my situation/mother.

oooh i sound so cool.... :S

MWAH! -Meghan

NYC PART III: 24 sleeps!

Andre:I'll miss you.
Muriel: You will?
Andre: Only if you leave.

peggyandvelma Profile Photo
peggyandvelma
#22re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 8:31pm

I'm sort of like Peggy Sawyer. I've got the want to be in show business, but, unlike Peggy, I cannot tap dance up a storm. I wish I could though...
I also feel a little shy and neurotic like Leo Bloom but when I'm mad, I feel a little like Coalhouse in his soliloquy from Ragtime. Dear me.

No one is alone.

way_to_spend_the_day Profile Photo
way_to_spend_the_day
#23re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 8:45pm

Violet Hilton from Side Show. Basically because I'm a twin, so I know what it's like to not have your own identity and guys are a lot less likely to notice you when they can't tell who you are....lol. I always sing Violet when my sister and I do Sideshow...it's actually funny how much we relate to the girls.

***It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves. -- William Shakespeare***

YessicaB
#24re: What broadway character to you relate to most and Why?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 9:02pm

My first thought when I read the thread title was that my parents remind me alot of Martha & George in Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf...lol.
I think I'm a bit Johanna (Sweeney Todd), a bit Elphaba (Wicked),
and a whole lot Cinderella (Into The Woods).

Videos