pixeltracker

Michael Arden out sick for The Times They Are A-Changin'

Michael Arden out sick for The Times They Are A-Changin'

JGym
#0Michael Arden out sick for The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 2/21/06 at 2:19pm

Yup, I have to say my friend and I's little hearts were broken. She was visiting me in L.A. and we drove down to San Diego all atwitter to see the lovely Michael. All we could talk about was how excited we were to see him and even made jokes about how funny it would be if he was out sick or something...well, turns out, not so funny. Now, the guy who replaced him, Doug Kreeger, was excellent but I still couldn't help but miss Michael. I ended up enjoying the show regardless, but I am still disappointed I missed out on Michael's performance.

xluckystar2107x Profile Photo
xluckystar2107x
#1re: Michael Arden out sick for The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 2/21/06 at 2:31pm

aw thats too bad. re: Michael Arden out sick for The Times They Are A-Changin'. i wouldve been disappointed too.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#2re: Michael Arden out sick for The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 2/21/06 at 2:46pm

Get Well Soon Michael!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#3re: Michael Arden out sick for The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 2/21/06 at 2:54pm

I loved him in BARE and hope to see him in this. I just love his voice. And he is pretty easy on the eye also!!

Just give the world Love.

Kevinoes Profile Photo
Kevinoes
#4re: Michael Arden out sick for The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 2/21/06 at 3:40pm

He is a very talented guy. I just can't help looking at him and thinking, "Dude, you look like you're 12!".

magic8ball Profile Photo
magic8ball
#5re: Michael Arden out sick for The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 2/21/06 at 4:26pm

Doug Kreeger is excellent. At least you saw someone who is as high quality as Arden. I was so happy to hear that he was understudying Coyote.

"Goodness is rewarded. Hope is guaranteed. Laughter builds strong bones. Right will intercede. Things you've said I often find I need, indeed. I see the world through your eyes. What's black and white is colorized. The knowledge you most dearly prized I'm eager to employ. You said that life has infinite joys."

JGym
#6re: Michael Arden out sick for The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 2/21/06 at 6:28pm

Yeah, he was definitely a nice replacement. I would have been seriously pissed off if the standby sucked. I'd see Doug in something else if it came about.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#7re: Michael Arden out sick for The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 2/21/06 at 6:54pm

You were in very good hands with Doug Kreeger. He's a great performer.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
Updated On: 2/21/06 at 06:54 PM

QMAN03 Profile Photo
QMAN03
#8re: Michael Arden out sick for The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 2/21/06 at 7:33pm

WHEN DOES HE COME BACK?!?!?!

kato1
#9re: Michael Arden out sick for The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 2/22/06 at 9:58am

just to add my two cents...i'm the friend jgym is referring to in the first post. love me some michael arden, but doug kreeger was excellent and i really enjoyed his performance. i thought the show was great, really imaginative and clever. the ensemble was strong, the lighting was spectacular, and being a huge bob dylan fan, i was really impressed how they transferred his music into a musical theatre/rock and roll arena. i can't wait until it comes to new york!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#10re: Michael Arden out sick for The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 2/22/06 at 10:50am

awww. I hope he feels better soon.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#11re: Michael Arden out sick for The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 2/22/06 at 11:27am

aw man, that sucks. i would have been so disappointed if had happened to me. michael would be the only reason i would gone to see that show. once i get back home (san diego) im going to try to see it asap.

Anne_here Profile Photo
Anne_here
#12re: Michael Arden out sick for The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 2/22/06 at 11:51am

Sorry to hear he's sick. He has a great stand-by in Doug Kreeger though!

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#13Doug was great
Posted: 2/25/06 at 12:41am

I saw Doug in the show and he was fantastic. Dare I say he is much more suitable as Coyote than Michael? (yes I saw Michael as Coyote too) Don't get me wrong, Michael was very good and super cute but he didn't look like he is Catp Arab's son or grew up in a circus, but Doug did. He had a great chemistry with Jenna too.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#14re: Michael Arden out sick for The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 2/25/06 at 2:41am

Feel better soon, Michael! We're all thinking about you!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 2/25/06 at 02:41 AM

Footlooser Profile Photo
Footlooser
#15re: Michael Arden out sick for The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 2/25/06 at 2:46am

Get Well Soon Michael!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"You know just because you put a smiley face after it doesn't change the fact that it was an a-hole comment." ~ Sumofallthings

SimpleJoysHaveSimpleVoice Profile Photo
SimpleJoysHaveSimpleVoice
#16re: Michael Arden out sick for The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 3/3/06 at 8:11pm

I drove down to San Diego specifically to see Michael. 5 minutes before the show I see Michael in the lobby signing with a very attractive young women...and I think, what a calm performer, to be in the lobby before the show, he must be making a 4th wall enterance like he did in Pippen.

Then to my horror, I open my program and I see the flyer announcing Doug as Coyote. I just about collapsed in my seat. The show went on and Doug was very likable and credible, but he was not Michael Arden.

The show was interesting...I need to see it with Michael.

Interesting note, I had dinner before the show right next to Twyla Tharp and her son. She shined me on, New York styled, I was honored. Haha

"Bad theater is better than no theater" Some smart guy.

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#17re: Michael Arden out sick for The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 3/3/06 at 8:20pm

He BETTER be back in the show on Sunday because I am going to be one pissed-off theatre queen...

Michael is simply one of the most brilliant performers working in musical theatre today. His performance as Pippin in LA was one of the best musical theatre performances I've seen in 30+ years of theatregoing.

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

#18re: Michael Arden out sick for The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 3/3/06 at 8:28pm

BB6 I agree...One day my son asked me what I would do with the money if I won the lottery...without hesitation I told him I would spend every cent on producing the Pippen revival on Broadway starring Michael just so there is justice in the Broadway world.

I know never put your own money into the show...but Michael as Pippen is worth the risk. Don't you all agree?

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#19re: Michael Arden out sick for The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 3/3/06 at 8:50pm

Next week I am flying from New York to California just to see Michael in the show.... I will get HYSTERICAL if he's not in it...

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

TicketBoy
#20re: Michael Arden out sick for The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 3/3/06 at 9:05pm

Michael has been back in the show for a week now. He should be doing it all next week and for the rest of the run. Let's hope...

#21re: Michael Arden out sick for The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 3/4/06 at 10:27am

dd...thank you for the correction...what a uneducated fool I must be...and I am an assistant principal...hahahaha...just blame it on tired days and a tired mind

i rely on spell check way too much...if you know what I mean

PippinPippinPippinPippinPippinPippinPippinPippinPippinPippin

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#223/5 Times Are A' Changing'
Posted: 3/5/06 at 10:55pm

3/5 Times Are A' Changing'

Michael was IN TODAY..hallelujah. Twyla was in the back BUSILY taking notes. From what I heard, there have been quite a few changes in the show.

I really enjoyed the show although I thought it totally fails as a narrative. If there's a story that's being told, it is getting lost among all the stagey acrobatics. Michael Arden was superb as always. Thom Sesma was a revelation- he was absolutely wonderful.

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

MissNY
#233/5 Times Are A' Changing'
Posted: 3/6/06 at 1:02pm

Michael looks great in that picture, love the hair. This can't come to Broadway fast enough. I'm really looking forward to seeing both Michael and Doug in the role

mint0621 Profile Photo
mint0621
#243/5 Times Are A' Changing'
Posted: 3/6/06 at 1:47pm

Are the shows selling out still? I saw it a few days before the opening and it was pretty packed but still saw a few empty seats in the theater

Videos