pixeltracker

Julia Murney as Elphaba -- so not your normal Wicked thread.- Page 2

Julia Murney as Elphaba -- so not your normal Wicked thread.

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#25re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
Posted: 3/8/06 at 7:38am

Honestly I must confess i didnt know who she was, then the other night i was listening to my Hair CD and saw that she was on it, when i got to her track i was blown away, I really wish i could see/hear sing Elphaba, her vioce is just so wonderfully rich.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#26re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
Posted: 3/8/06 at 7:54am

Sebastian Arcelus as Fieyro? I saw him in RENT and he was absolutely terrible. Let's hope he's improved since then.

"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
#27re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
Posted: 3/8/06 at 8:13am

I'll be seeing this Sunday's mat in Cincy. I hope Julia performs since I've already seen Maria Eberline in the role.

changinandhow Profile Photo
changinandhow
#28re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
Posted: 3/8/06 at 8:19am

Sebastian has been Fiyero since the beginning of January, I saw him twice in the role. I think he's very good, and I'm sure he's improved since then, also.

What are the dates the tour will be in Philly?

OasisBroadway
#29re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
Posted: 3/8/06 at 8:55am

"What are the dates the tour will be in Philly?"

March 22 - April 9

You will catch me at the lottery a few times until I win. Luckily it is right near my work.

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#30re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
Posted: 3/8/06 at 10:02am

I have tickets for Philly on March 25, but I think I'm going to try the lottery a few times.

Oasis, do you know what time the lottery starts taking names? I'd like to try on the first night it's there with the hopes that not many people will be there.

OasisBroadway
#31re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
Posted: 3/8/06 at 10:05am

I am not totally sure. I was assuming that it would be 2 hours before, when most lotteries are held.

alli2
#32re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
Posted: 3/8/06 at 10:13am

steak and eggs, julia...

we love you =)

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#33re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
Posted: 3/8/06 at 10:28am

I saw Sebastian in Rent, as Roger, and have my choice words about his performance. BUT I think he's very talented. Rent just isn't the right show for him. I've heard he's a great Fiyero.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#34re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
Posted: 3/8/06 at 10:51am

The thing about Sebastian is, when I saw him when he was a full-time Roger, he wasn't very compelling. But, when I saw him as the understudy for Cary Shields, he was leagues better.

veryownplanetz Profile Photo
veryownplanetz
#35re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
Posted: 3/8/06 at 10:52am

i got my tix for the 16th of april in BOSTON!!!
i am very excited...julia will be amazing

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#36re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
Posted: 3/8/06 at 11:03am

My major issue with him was his voice. It was very nasal and his "One Song Glory" was almost painful to listen to. It was so bad I didn't really notice much of his acting prowess.

"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"

Katt
#37re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
Posted: 3/8/06 at 11:10am

Yay Julia! I bet she'll be awesome.

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#38re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
Posted: 3/8/06 at 11:19am

Thanks for ending the threadjack re: Julia Murney as Elphaba

futurebroadwaystar1 Profile Photo
futurebroadwaystar1
#39re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
Posted: 3/8/06 at 11:29am

I'm so excited. I'm going on the 23nd. Does anyone know if they'll do a lotto in Atlanta?

"With only so much time to spend, don't want to waste the time I'm given!" ~Tick Tick Boom

RentBoy86
#40re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
Posted: 3/8/06 at 1:15pm

Hope someone posts a review of Julia. Are there any pics of her up yet?

luvtheEmcee
#41re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
Posted: 3/8/06 at 1:25pm

None yet.

waddledee524 Profile Photo
waddledee524
#42re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
Posted: 3/8/06 at 3:52pm

I can't wait to see her. I'll be in Philly on March 25.

Hear the words I sing: war's a horrid thing. So, I sing sing sing... Ding a ling a ling.

Marguerite Chauvelin
#43re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
Posted: 3/8/06 at 5:31pm

luvtheEmcee, your Brokeback avatar is adorable.

If Percy Blakeney were in Les Mis....

Percy: Sink me! If it isn't Javvurt!
Javert: Zsah-vair, it's pronounced Zsah-vair.
Pecry: But it's spelled J-A-V-E-R-T Javvurt.
Javert: Repeat after me Zsah...Zsah....
Percy: Oh! Zsa-Zsa! Like the Gabor sister! Well I personally have always prefered Eva.
Javert: (Looks for gun)

luvtheEmcee
#44re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
Posted: 3/8/06 at 5:32pm

haha, thank you.

There's an even cuter one that's kind of similar, but it moves, so I can't use it here.

JustChillin8908
#45re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
Posted: 3/8/06 at 5:39pm

I'm hoping to see her in June when she comes to Detroit. That is if I can get tickets (stupid ticketholders!).

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#46re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
Posted: 3/8/06 at 5:43pm

I'll be seeing this Sunday's mat in Cincy. I hope Julia performs since I've already seen Maria Eberline in the role.

Julia will most likely be there. It's her first week int he show, and she's mjissed like 1 performance... ever.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

BwayTheatre11
wicked4life51 Profile Photo
wicked4life51
#48re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
Posted: 3/8/06 at 6:27pm

i love julia and she was amazing in lennon,wild party man i have been following her from the beginning and its finnaly happened that she got something where she can actually show off her talents these days (wild party not counting) so yeah

very talented women

estatic that she is now apart of wicked , she deserved it

"what? what is it? do i have something in my teeth? ok lets get this over with : no im not seasick,yes ive always been green, and no i didnt chew grass as a child "

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#49re: Julia Murney as Elphaba
Posted: 3/8/06 at 6:36pm

I'm assuming that was a dress rehearsal.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611