pixeltracker

If you could bring one show back to Broadway...- Page 3

If you could bring one show back to Broadway...

greencup Profile Photo
greencup
#50re: If you could bring one show back to Broadway...
Posted: 4/2/06 at 8:23pm

Pippin
Into The Woods
TL5Y

stanton
#51re: If you could bring one show back to Broadway...
Posted: 4/2/06 at 8:28pm

Sunset Blvd with Patti Lupone!

I wish I could sing.

#52re: If you could bring one show back to Broadway...
Posted: 4/2/06 at 9:22pm

Well... It was Off-Broadway, but: BRING BACK BARE :P (My lovely capital letters... Sorry)

The end. Or Aida. I loved Aida.
Updated On: 4/2/06 at 09:22 PM

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#53re: If you could bring one show back to Broadway...
Posted: 4/2/06 at 9:34pm

Sweeney...oh, wait...

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

suddenlyseymour Profile Photo
suddenlyseymour
#54re: If you could bring one show back to Broadway...
Posted: 4/2/06 at 9:42pm

Little Shop!

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#55re: If you could bring one show back to Broadway...
Posted: 4/2/06 at 9:44pm

The original production of Chicago with the sets and costumes and the actual concept.
Follies.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#56re: If you could bring one show back to Broadway...
Posted: 4/2/06 at 9:44pm

What's with all of the AIDA love? I despised every second of that show.

Definitely TABOO.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

LorelaiGilmore Profile Photo
LorelaiGilmore
#57re: If you could bring one show back to Broadway...
Posted: 4/2/06 at 10:18pm

I really wish I could have seen TL5Y!

oy with the poodles already!

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#58re: If you could bring one show back to Broadway...
Posted: 4/2/06 at 10:24pm

Follies
Taboo
No Strings
Sunday In The Park...
Caroline, or Change
Amour
A Man Of No..

ok, so it;s more that one... re: If you could bring one show back to Broadway...

i'm with you Munk- Aida is my least favorite show i've ever seen

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed
Updated On: 4/2/06 at 10:24 PM

thevolleyballer
#59re: If you could bring one show back to Broadway...
Posted: 4/2/06 at 11:00pm

Footloose
Thoroughly Modern Millie
Urinetown
Seussical

Any one of those would make my day. :)

LaCageAuxFollesFan2 Profile Photo
LaCageAuxFollesFan2
#60re: If you could bring one show back to Broadway...
Posted: 4/2/06 at 11:02pm

Take a guess...anyone?!?!

:)

LA CAGE AUX FOLLES!

children&art Profile Photo
children&art
#62City of Angels...
Posted: 4/2/06 at 11:04pm

Carousel 1994 revival (physical stage beauty accented by beautiful music and words)

Don't f*ck with me fellas. This ain't my first time at the rodeo.

alwy15
#63City of Angels...
Posted: 4/2/06 at 11:33pm

oooh--- i like that, bringing back 1994's carousel.
but my first thought was bringing back Rags. i cant think of another show that deserved more broadway life.
or bring back birdie! (that was a joke)

allofmylife Profile Photo
allofmylife
#64City of Angels...
Posted: 4/3/06 at 12:34am

So many people mentioning Ragtime as if that was from the distant past. I feel so old. I saw Dreamgirls and it was, truly, fabulous. As was Chorus Line. The Shubert is such an intimate house, the show had such immediacy.

But let's go back further, much further. I have to keep reminding myself of how lucky our grandparents were. They could walk down any of the streets off of Broadway, plunk down as little as twenty-five cents and see Fred Astaire ONSTAGE. Live. Singing "Night and Day" and gloriously tap dancing, just like he does in the movies. Or Ginger Rodgers singing "Embraceable You." (while the guy standing in the back of the theater pacing might be George Gershwin). Or watch the visual and verbal antics of Victor Moore. Or Gene Freakin' Kelly (again at the Shubert) dancing and singing live. Or literally feel the roar of Ethel Merman; or the joy of the chorus belting out Oklahoma. And back then, it was still possible to take the family to the theater without getting a bank loan.

Personally, as my avatar would suggest, I would give ANYTHING to see "On Your Toes" and enjoy Ray Bolger tapping live. To see "Slaughter on Tenth Avenue" as danced by Bolger and Tamara Geva (or in the British production by my beloved Vera Zorina) is a dream I know will never come true.

In many ways, Broadway is a vast repository of unfulfillable dreams.

I guess countless generations in the future will mutter "If only I could have seen Ragtime..."

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=972787#3631451 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=963561#3533883 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955158#3440952 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954269#3427915 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955012#3441622 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954344#3428699

lesmisforever Profile Photo
lesmisforever
#65City of Angels...
Posted: 4/3/06 at 12:35am

Miss Saigon (never got to see it, not even on tour ):

Evita (never seen it= I know it's going to London, is it coming here ever?)

Jesus Christ Superstar as ORIGINALLY WRITTEN (not like the stupid 2000 revival represented in that terrible movie)

Hair (never saw it and would like to, and I think it would be appropriate for these war times)

Cabaret (I would love to see it!)

"I have a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

thez914 Profile Photo
thez914
#66City of Angels...
Posted: 4/3/06 at 12:45am

Yeah, everyone has pretty much covered my picks (Urinetown, Ragtime, Miss Saigon, A New Brain...) I'd also like to get a chance to see the broadway production of The Secret Garden - I heard it was pretty spectacular.

But my top choice would have to be...

Tommy!!!

"Art is always in crisis: you must work fast to write in the breath on the window." -Edward Bond

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#67Bring Back...
Posted: 4/3/06 at 1:47am

GRAND HOTEL - The Musical

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

#68Bring Back...
Posted: 4/3/06 at 2:38am

On A Clear Day You Can See Forever

and...

A Little Night Music

#69Bring Back...
Posted: 4/3/06 at 2:39am

I LOVE GRAND HOTEL!

ZONEACE
#70Bring Back...
Posted: 4/3/06 at 3:12am

Dreamgirls

Chess

when ducks grow thumbs then maybe my opinion will change.

Kass983 Profile Photo
Kass983
#71Bring Back...
Posted: 4/3/06 at 3:20am

Aida
Ragtime
Dreamgirls

Happy..sort of, b-day to me!

jasobres
#72Bring Back...
Posted: 4/3/06 at 7:22am

Even though I've never seen it (but I read the novel it was based on), Ragtime.

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

ZONEACE
#73Bring Back...
Posted: 4/3/06 at 7:39am

all you people naming shows from like the last 7 years need to think further back. Any show that closed in the last 10 years doesn not need ot be broguht back yet.

Seriously, two shows that need a revival more than any two otehr shows are Dreamgirls and Chess (especially with the criminal act that is not having a recording of the concert)

when ducks grow thumbs then maybe my opinion will change.

EganFan2
#74Bring Back...
Posted: 4/3/06 at 9:11am

First choice: The Scarlet Pimpernel (the version that worked). Runner up: Jane Eyre.

Both of these shows I am currently obsessed with. :)

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#75Bring Back...
Posted: 4/3/06 at 9:27am

Sunset Boulevard, no doubt. With all of the opulent sets intact before they trimmed it down for the tour. I love Sunset Boulevard

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello