I'M STILL PISSED OFF...

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#0I'M STILL PISSED OFF...
Posted: 4/3/06 at 10:51pm

That there wasn't a cast recording of the recent LA CAGE revival.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

timote316
#1re: I'M STILL PISSED OFF...
Posted: 4/3/06 at 10:55pm

How did bryan get your password, Capn?

ALWrules Profile Photo
ALWrules
#2re: I'M STILL PISSED OFF...
Posted: 4/3/06 at 10:56pm

lol timote

Keep your morals, I don't have time. Keep your lovers, I'm changing mine! -The Likes of Us

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#3re: I'M STILL PISSED OFF...
Posted: 4/3/06 at 10:56pm

Bryan?

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#4re: I'M STILL PISSED OFF...
Posted: 4/3/06 at 11:02pm

haha- What a pleasent thread title

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#5re: I'M STILL PISSED OFF...

LOl, I miss bryan.

I'm pissed there isn't a La Cage recording too. I was a bigger fan of the production than most, and think Davis and Beach's performances needed to be on record. But alas. I'd enjoy a 2nd La Cage Cd, from any production really. The OBC needs a remaster badly.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#6re: I'M STILL PISSED OFF...

LOl, I miss bryan.

I'm pissed there isn't a La Cage recording too. I was a bigger fan of the production than most, and think Davis and Beach's performances needed to be on record. But alas. I'd enjoy a 2nd La Cage Cd, from any production really. The OBC needs a remaster badly.

ALWrules Profile Photo
ALWrules
#7re: I'M STILL PISSED OFF...
Posted: 4/3/06 at 11:04pm

Seriously though, I also would of liked a recording.

Keep your morals, I don't have time. Keep your lovers, I'm changing mine! -The Likes of Us

TheaterAddict7652
#8re: I'M STILL PISSED OFF...
Posted: 4/3/06 at 11:15pm

I would like one as well, especially since the other two revivals of last season both have cast recordings, while La Cage, which won the Tony for Best Revival doesn't have one.

There's a lot I am not certain of...

Unmasked05 Profile Photo
Unmasked05
#9re: I'M STILL PISSED OFF...
Posted: 4/4/06 at 2:02am

well I'm not exactly pissed about that...

I'm pissed off: That

1.) "Dance of The Vampires" (OBC) was never given a cast recording.

2.)"Lennon" never got a cast recording.

Facebook...ME !!!

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#10re: I'M STILL PISSED OFF...
Posted: 4/4/06 at 2:08am

I agree about both VAMPIRES and LENNON. I thought LENNON was a dreadful show, but some of the performances, mainly Marcy's "Woman is the n* of the World" should have been preserved.

I despised the LA CAGE revival - I thought it was terrible on nearly every level. I always look forward to new recordings to add to my collection and to preserve different productions, but this is one I don't count as a loss.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Unmasked05 Profile Photo
Unmasked05
#11re: I'M STILL PISSED OFF...
Posted: 4/4/06 at 2:21am

OH and I will be PISSED OFF if Wicked in London doesn't get a Cast Recording.

Watch them not get a Original Cast Recording.

Facebook...ME !!!

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#12re: I'M STILL PISSED OFF...
Posted: 4/4/06 at 5:19am

I'm pissed that Woman in White didn't get a Broadway recording, because frankly the whole let me tape it live from the theatre recording sucks aka. the London recording.

I am fine with La Cage not getting recorded, i felt like no one really stood out except for the Cagelles, but just for their dancing. It was just one okay show.

ChrisLovesShows Profile Photo
ChrisLovesShows
#13re: I'M STILL PISSED OFF...
Posted: 4/4/06 at 10:07am

Where is Bryan? Wacky little guy (girl?).

"Do you know ChrisLovesShows?" "Yes. Why, yes he does!"

bryan
#14re: I'M STILL PISSED OFF...
Posted: 4/4/06 at 10:09am

i am still pissed of that lennon and good vibrations and in my life and i hope all the new shows now on broadway get cast cd's like ring of fire.

timote316
#15re: I'M STILL PISSED OFF...
Posted: 4/4/06 at 10:10am

I'd be willing to bet Wicked will get another recording, you don't have to worry about that.

And there's bryan!

keatonbynumbers Profile Photo
keatonbynumbers
#16re: I'M STILL PISSED OFF...
Posted: 4/4/06 at 10:12am

Oh, Bryan, I'm glad you showed up. I didn't know you had added Ring of Fire to your list.

I did hate Lennon, but I would probably buy the recording if they had made one. I don't know if I can say the same for La Cage, but I guess there were some people who were very fond of this revival and it would've been nice to preserve it.

Mother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
#17re: I'M STILL PISSED OFF...
Posted: 4/4/06 at 11:25am

I'm pissed off that the Actor's Fund Chess Concert didn't get a recording! grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#18re: I'M STILL PISSED OFF...
Posted: 4/4/06 at 11:42am

Well, then pay to record it. That's the bottom line. There are tons of shows I would have loved to have been recorded (Two Gentleman of Verona in Central Park would be my first pick), but if I don't have the money to produce a recording, I'm sure not going to be pissed that someone else wouldn't pay for it either, especially if it is a show that most people didn't want to see in the first place.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

peggyandvelma Profile Photo
peggyandvelma
#19re: I'M STILL PISSED OFF...
Posted: 4/4/06 at 11:47am

I would totally buy the London recording of Wicked. Geez, my cast recording list is getting wayyyyy too long.

No one is alone.

shiksa_goddess Profile Photo
shiksa_goddess
#20re: I'M STILL PISSED OFF...
Posted: 4/4/06 at 11:58am

I'm pissed about Bare not getting a (full) cast recording.

broadway betty Profile Photo
broadway betty
#21re: I'M STILL PISSED OFF...
Posted: 4/4/06 at 12:08pm

I'm pissed that Radiant Baby didn't get a cast recording. Daniel Reichard, Billy Porter and Aaron Lohr. C'mon now!

I'm not exactly pissed but I would've liked for Dracula to have been recorded just to have Kelli O'Hara, Tom Hewitt and Melissa Errico on a cast album.

"I'm the STAR!"--Daniel Reichard during Glory Daze sound check

Cherubino Profile Photo
Cherubino
#22re: I'M STILL PISSED OFF...
Posted: 4/4/06 at 1:21pm

I love La Cage. Tis so sad that there shall be no recording. Also, I'd have liked a recording of Dracula, as well. There ought to be more Melissa Errico hooha out there.

Now she's peddling the news along Broadway I'm a rat and a chisler, and of course all the rats and chislers believe her.
~Hughie, Eugene O'Neill

Videos