pixeltracker

Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up, and sobbing like a bitch?- Page 7

Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up, and sobbing like a bitch?

justafan2
#150Sobbing
Posted: 8/6/06 at 5:24pm

Les Miz----you'd have to be a rock to not be moved by that show.

keatonbynumbers Profile Photo
keatonbynumbers
#151Sobbing
Posted: 8/6/06 at 5:30pm

PARADE. Every time I saw it. And throughout the entire show, there were points where I'd just CRY and then by the time it was over and I was crying at the end too, I'd just leave the theatre a mess.

But Sunday in the Park with George is a better example of a show that would just leave me so stunned I couldn't do anything but cry. They weren't exactly happy tears, they weren't exactly sad tears, but the first time I actually saw it, the first act finale just floored me to the point where I was crying and I didn't know why. Sup with that, Steve Sondheim?!?!?!

loverly Profile Photo
loverly
#152Sobbing
Posted: 8/6/06 at 5:32pm

Oh, Sunday in the Park with George had me red with tears and snuffles!

PaintWordPictures Profile Photo
PaintWordPictures
#153Sobbing
Posted: 8/6/06 at 7:49pm

The first time I saw Les Mis was a matinee and I had to leave before the last 20 minutes of the show because I was in a show that night. (Don't ask. It was traumatizing.)

The next time I saw it all the way through I started crying and couldn't walk down the stairs out of the building. I actually dropped the mug I had bought and it cracked.

That was my first Broadway show, but now I get choked up as the "Do You Hear the People Sing" reprise comes up ever so softly in the finale. Beautiful.

I'm not a cryer in any sense, but this show moves me for some reason - probably because it was the first big type of show I ever saw that made me really see what theatre can be and do for people.

newyorkrbust
#154Sobbing
Posted: 8/6/06 at 8:20pm

I cried at "Rent" the movie the 1st time I saw it, which is wierd because I have never cried at a movie before, besides "Cast Away" when wilson floated away..don't ask, I was 8. And then I saw it on Broadway and I cried just as hard even when i knew who was going ot die Sobbing I also almost cried at "Les Miz" when a local teen theater did it. I can't imagine myself when I see it on Broadway.

It really said US Navy, but hey, I worked with what they gave me ok.

snl89
#155Sobbing
Posted: 8/6/06 at 8:58pm

Yeah, Les Miz. Dear lord. And RENT- funny enough, the movie moreso than the show. I think a very, VERY large part of it had to do with the fact that I have an insane emotional attachment to jesse!collins and wilson!angel... so yeah... goodbye love and icyr... oy. Then the end.. just yeah.

(okay okay, so I didn't actually SOB at either of them, but I did get quite teary eyed, and that is a BIG deal for me! haha)

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

Mattbrain
#156Sobbing
Posted: 8/6/06 at 8:58pm

I saw a production of Ragtime back in '03. I wasn't the same for weeks.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#157Sobbing
Posted: 8/6/06 at 9:02pm

Miss Saigon on broadway had me crying.
I teared up for the LA production of A Chorus Line in 1977.
I cried at the end of The Umbrellas of Cherbourg in San Francisco - and I was supposed to be reviewing the show for a radio station!

And, because I was young (8 or 9) and impressionable, and it was the first big musical I'd ever seen, My Fair Lady at Los Angeles Civic Light Opera. Don't know why. I think it was tears of happiness.

I haven't seen Ragtime, but the OBC has me crying during Wheels of a Dream. And the Concert version of Dreamgirls gets me at the end.

SarahBeth Profile Photo
SarahBeth
#158Sobbing
Posted: 8/6/06 at 9:06pm

I've teared up at many, but i've only visibly sobbed during Les Miserables.

"I'll show you a laughgasm. I'll gasm all over this stage!"
"Interesting choice"

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#159Sobbing
Posted: 8/6/06 at 9:21pm

Passion. It was so sad. Honestly if you didn't cry you have no soul.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#160Sobbing
Posted: 8/6/06 at 9:28pm

West Side Story and Falsettos.

Mattbrain
#161Sobbing
Posted: 8/6/06 at 9:30pm

Sorry, I thought this was a copy of the same thread.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

littlelotte64 Profile Photo
littlelotte64
#162Sobbing
Posted: 8/6/06 at 9:39pm

Phantom of the Opera, when I saw it with Hugh Panaro as the Phantom. And even though I've never seen them both Les Mis and The Last Five Years. Just the recordings make me tear up.

elvisitis1302 Profile Photo
elvisitis1302
#163Sobbing
Posted: 8/6/06 at 10:01pm

Side Show...throughout the entire show I'm a mess.
Passion
Elegies
Falsettos
The Wild Party (LaChiusa)
Marie Christine
Sweeney Todd

moowithme111105 Profile Photo
moowithme111105
#164Sobbing
Posted: 8/6/06 at 10:17pm

I cried during the whole second act of Les Mis, especially when Eponine died. I bawled more than I ever did when I saw Miss Saigon, I was able to control it a little, but when it got to the finale, and when she said to Tam, "Look at me, one last time.", and when she said to Chris, "Hold me, one more time." Wow, I was an emotional wreck for days! Updated On: 8/8/06 at 10:17 PM

chad2 Profile Photo
chad2
#165Sobbing
Posted: 8/6/06 at 10:27pm

Big the Musical and Naked Boys Singing

AshleyBrownFan123 Profile Photo
AshleyBrownFan123
#166Sobbing
Posted: 8/6/06 at 10:33pm

2 Words: Les Miserables

Let us milk the cow that is theatre-Monica Trausch

camp_actor
#167Sobbing
Posted: 8/7/06 at 6:58am

I saw a tiny fringe production of Passion at the Bridewell Theatre in London (which has subsequently stopped producing professional shows - *cries*) which comprised of about 9 cast members, the ensemble was the soldiers. There were no women besides Fosca and Clara. It was SO tiny a show and SO tiny a theatre, but the performances were incredible. Fosca was played by Clare Burt (who is in the production of "Company" at the Donmar which was filmed). I wept, totally, uncontrollably.

Also, seeing Sunday In The Park With George a couple of weeks ago at the Wyndhams in London. I was literally crying from start to finish - it was pretty catastrophic! I think it must have something to do with being SO completely in love with a show, but only ever having seen it on DVD and then finally SEEING it live and the production being awesome. (Jenna Russel is a goddess...let's hope she transfers if it goes to B'way).

loverly Profile Photo
loverly
#168Sobbing
Posted: 8/7/06 at 8:51am

Oh, Falsettos also hit me in the heart.

keatonbynumbers Profile Photo
keatonbynumbers
#169Sobbing
Posted: 8/7/06 at 9:05am

camp_actor, that'll do it. I think half the reason I got so emotional about SITPWG was that it had been one of my favorites for years and I'd FINALLY gotten a chance to see it live. I didn't know what to do with myself.

Other people's answers have reminded me that I DID also cry during Ragtime, Falsettos, and Passion. I am... a crybaby or something. But anyway, Elegies: A Song Cycle, too, during "Anytime", I lost it and it was really sort of embarrassing, too.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#170Sobbing
Posted: 8/7/06 at 9:06am

For me, it would be Les Miz (just about the entire 2nd act) and Rent (I'll Cover You).

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

camp_actor
#171Sobbing
Posted: 8/7/06 at 9:18am

Keaton...Did you see the London production of SITPWG? Or was it a different one.

I've just remembered Hedwig.

To be honest I cry at most things when I find something to connect with. When a play or musical is truthful and real, then I will BAWL!

Did anyone see Wit? I've only seen the film and that makes me properly break down. I assume the play would do the same thing.

Speaking of films...Dancer In The Dark anyone?

kelleymd
#172Sobbing
Posted: 8/7/06 at 9:51am

OK- probably old news- but RENT left me in an emotional storm for days. I think it was because it was the first Broadway show I had seen after years of wanting to go and it symbolized much more to me than a musical. I was totally overwhelmed by the talent on the stage. I looked at each performer and thought of the tribulations they must have been through to be standing on the stage and was so touched to watch the most elite artists in the world doing their thing. Also, it was haunting to watch a show about dying too young knowing that it was written by a 35-year-old ticking time bomb. I just cried and cried and had some emotional cartharsis.

coolkid11776
#173Sobbing
Posted: 8/7/06 at 2:02pm

Rent left me really thinking about life. I've seen the show 3 times now and the movie about 40 and still cry every time. Great show see it if u get the chance. Way worth the money!! They also have a lottery as do other shows for $20 seats in the first twos rows.

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

luvtheatre11
#174Sobbing
Posted: 8/7/06 at 2:11pm

The first time I listened to Ragtime I nearly drove off the road during the Act 1 finale. I was crying my eyes out! I wish I had been warned not to listen and drive at the same time on that one! That was at the end of June..I cried through alot of it when I saw it in July (my son was in a regional production of it). I saw it twice and cried both times!
I am really bad, and get teary at alot of things. Definitely Les Miz, and Light in the Piazza did it to me also. I also have a very emotional attachment to the Sound of Music..I grew up with the music, and whenever I see it I start to cry. I know the songs too well.
I really want to see and hear Grey Gardens..can't wait for that to come to Broadway.