pixeltracker

Hilarious Comments Overheard By Tourists and Audience Members- Page 103

Hilarious Comments Overheard By Tourists and Audience Members

FlowerChild67
#2550Hilarious Comments...
Posted: 7/22/13 at 11:56am

"yes they do. Especially tourists. They must pay full price because they are on a schedule and have to get tickets for a show on a specific day. they aren't flexible. You ought to be happy that they put so much money into the system."

I didn't mean anything about them buying the tickets, just that they don't look up what the show is first! I don't about all of you, but I like to know what I'm about to go see, even if it's reading the Wikipedia page on the way to the theatre. And when they're paying $100+ for a ticket, you'd think they'd be more invested. That's all.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#2551Hilarious Comments...
Posted: 7/22/13 at 12:10pm

uh huh, and the way you know that these tourists from all over the world don't know anything about the show is.....

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

FlowerChild67
#2552Hilarious Comments...
Posted: 7/22/13 at 12:17pm

I'm talking specifically about a few of the posts on this thread... Not all of them. Just a few.

And btw, I don't like in NYC, I am a "tourist," so I'm not talking down about anybody.

I just find it strange people don't look a show up before buying a ticket to see if they'd enjoy it or not. (For instance, if you're super-conservative, or have a small kid with you, Spring Awakening wouldn't be the best choice) Why wouldn't you save yourself the money, and trouble of leaving at intermission, and figure it out beforehand?

That's all I'm saying. :)

Updated On: 7/22/13 at 12:17 PM

TheGirlUpstairs Profile Photo
TheGirlUpstairs
#2553Hilarious Comments...
Posted: 7/22/13 at 1:13pm

From a woman looking at the marquee for The Best Man - "Oh look, it's Will from Grace!"

jetts7 Profile Photo
jetts7
#2554Hilarious Comments...
Posted: 7/24/13 at 2:37pm

This one may not be considered "hilarious" but my friend and I thought it was funny.

The other night at 'Soul Doctor', my friend and I were waiting to be seated by an usher. There were two ladies in front of us:
LADY #1: I think this is where we saw 'South Pacific'.

Which is understandable considering they look similar.

LADY #2: No we saw 'A Little Mermaid' here.

I thought it was funny because the Circle in the Square and the Lunt-Fontanne don't look anything alike.

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#2555Hilarious Comments...
Posted: 7/24/13 at 7:43pm

This one is hysterical. The other day I was at a theatre and I saw two assholes who clearly have no lives eavesdropping on people and taking detailed notes of their conversations in order to post those comments online later so they could feel superior to those poor dumb rubes. LOL. How hysterical!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#2556Hilarious Comments...
Posted: 7/24/13 at 8:14pm

"This one may not be considered "hilarious" but my friend and I thought it was funny.

The other night at 'Soul Doctor', my friend and I were waiting to be seated by an usher. There were two ladies in front of us:
LADY #1: I think this is where we saw 'South Pacific'.

Which is understandable considering they look similar.

LADY #2: No we saw 'A Little Mermaid' here.

I thought it was funny because the Circle in the Square and the Lunt-Fontanne don't look anything alike."

You're right, not really hilarious. This used to be an interesting thread, but it has gone downhill with some condescending replies. Little Mermaid was on Broadway forever ago, so if these were people who don't go to shows often, is it really that funny they mixed up theaters? Not everyone memorizes/remembers what theaters look like. And yes, I know Circle in the Square and Lunt-Fontanne are two totally different theaters...

Now this one was actually funny: "On a tour of the Globe, our guide told us he was once asked, 'Does Shakespeare attend the plays often?'"

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 7/25/13 at 08:14 PM

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#2557Hilarious Comments...
Posted: 7/24/13 at 8:19pm

What this thread is about is laughing at people who make a mistake about "theatah" or don't know something that the pseudo sophisticates think they know about "theatah." We're free to reply to posts on the site and I'll keep replying as I really don't like the mean spirited nature of this thread.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#2558Hilarious Comments...
Posted: 7/24/13 at 9:11pm

This WHOLE BOARD is mean spirited.

ghostlight2
#2559Hilarious Comments...
Posted: 7/24/13 at 9:35pm

^^^

What Carlos said.

Younger Brother Profile Photo
Younger Brother
#2560Hilarious Comments...
Posted: 2/15/14 at 9:07am

I was at a regional production of Oliver a few days ago and at the intermission overheard a woman and her friend talking about musicals
"I mean, I think RENT is good but.. I just don't find AIDS funny, ya know?"

Emmaloucbway
#2561Hilarious Comments...
Posted: 2/15/14 at 10:20am

Overheard at Pippin last night:

"I think we saw The Lion King at this theatre!"

And a different person said at the end of the show, "The only characters I liked were the king, the narrator, and Pippin."

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#2562Hilarious Comments...
Posted: 2/15/14 at 11:58am

http://howmaywehateyou.com/

A lot of people will probably enjoy this Tumblr

CoreyRyan3
#2563Hilarious Comments...
Posted: 2/15/14 at 12:42pm

Lord, calm down. These posts are just for a few laughs. No one is making fun of any specific person or calling anyone an idiot. It's just funny the silly things you overhear in Broadway theaters or on the street.

Come off it. Updated On: 2/15/14 at 12:42 PM

Alan Henry Profile Photo
Alan Henry
#2564Hilarious Comments...
Posted: 2/15/14 at 2:04pm

Was at the world premier of Arrabal last night in Toronto when an older couple who were seated behind me (before the show started) asked if it was foggy or just them (they had a hazer on.) I assured them is was normal.

They then flagged an usher and asked if they could smoke inside, but he assured them the smoke is normal and that they can't smoke in the theatre.

Then they flagged another usher and asked if there was a fire somewhere in the building.

This went on for quite a while...

The Other One
#2565Hilarious Comments...
Posted: 2/15/14 at 2:19pm

I don't know how hilarious these are, but, ages ago, I heard someone on the TKTS line say they wanted to see THE KING AND I "with Donny and Marie". Now Marie Osmond was playing Anna at the time, but not opposite her brother as The King!

The other night I saw NO MAN'S LAND and prior to the (excellent) talkback a gentleman behind me told his girlfriend how impressed he was with the bald pate Patrick Stewart wore on his head in the STAR TREK and X-MEN movies, seeing as he had such a full head of hair. He could tell the hair was real because of how it looked messed up in the late night moments of the play. They both gasped when Stewart arrived later than the rest at the talkback sans his hair.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#2566Hilarious Comments...
Posted: 2/15/14 at 3:47pm

"Lord, calm down. These posts are just for a few laughs. No one is making fun of any specific person or calling anyone an idiot. It's just funny the silly things you overhear in Broadway theaters or on the street.

Come off it"

Do not come off it. this thread is mean spirited and do not try to excuse it. Why do you get laughs out of the things posted here - please explain why an innocent opinion or mistaken comment is funny? I'll tell you why. Because you imagine yourself so superior in your "knowledge of theater." That's why.

YOU come off it.

p.ps. You are INDEED making fun of a specific person. Can't you read?

Updated On: 2/15/14 at 03:47 PM

CoreyRyan3
#2567Hilarious Comments...
Posted: 2/16/14 at 12:36pm

There are no names posted here. None that I've seen, at least. So no, no one's making fun of any specific person. They're poking fun at anonymous theatre-goers.

And the only posts on here that are really funny have nothing to do with "superior theatre knowledge". It's things like "bwayto" posted about people an audience member consistently asking silly things like "is there a fire somewhere in the building?" even after being reassured that it's just a haze machine.

It would be one thing if we were all naming names and calling these people idiots. But i've seen no one doing that. so calm down.

Updated On: 2/16/14 at 12:36 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#2568Hilarious Comments...
Posted: 2/16/14 at 1:41pm

Hilarious Comments...

Audience members say the darndest things. The same goes for people in this message board.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#2569Hilarious Comments...
Posted: 2/16/14 at 4:06pm

My favorite moments are when people try to make it seem as though they know more about theatre than their friend - most favorite being, "I saw Idina/Kristin in Wicked in Chicago!" And their friend is like OH WOW!

No, no you did not. And I know this because my theatre knowledge is superior to this stranger's.