pixeltracker

Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?

Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#0Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 10/12/06 at 9:12pm

According to the Talkin' Broadway rush page (link below), not only will rush tickets for "Company" be priced at $36.25 (which is at least $10 more than rush at any other show, and is the same price as a rear mezz ticket for this show), but rush will not be available performances Friday through Sunday. The page also says that no SRO will be available for any performances.

I'm pretty sure Talkin' Broadway isn't lying, but can anyone confirm or deny this? Between the price and the availability, that has to be one of the most unappealing rush policies I've ever seen on Broadway...I'm hoping there's either an error or a plan that someone might know of to change this in the future. It almost doesn't seem to be worth having a rush. I know theatre is a business, theatre is not a right, etc, etc (all those marvelous arguments from the ACL premium seats thread), but pretty much every other show has a rush or SRO price somewhere in the $20 range and makes it available at every performance. I can't understand why Company's policy would be so different. I hope this isn't the direction that rush is headed in the future.

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/boards/index.php?category=&rush=show&order=

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)
Updated On: 10/12/06 at 09:12 PM

Pippie_Poppins
#1re: Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 10/12/06 at 9:25pm

The show is being produced by nearly the same exact people as Sweeney Todd, and that was their EXACT policy for price and weekdays. So I'm going to say, yes, that is the truth. Horrible... but it is the way of the greedy.

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#2re: Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 10/12/06 at 9:29pm

I knew Sweeney had the same price, but I didn't know about Sweeney's non-weekend policy. Did they ever begin to include weekends sometime during the run? I never did Sweeney rush, but I thought about it a few times over the summer and didn't see anything about no rush Friday-Sunday.

In any case...sheesh. And of course, this is the policy for the new show that I (and I know many here) want to see the most.

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

bwayondabrain
#3re: Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 10/12/06 at 9:32pm

where are the COMPANY rush seats located? rear mezzanine?

Pippie_Poppins
#4re: Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 10/12/06 at 9:39pm

No, the only weekend exception they had was the closing night, which I rushed for. I don't know why... because what student really can get rush on a weekday? We're in SCHOOL. :)

I have no idea where the seats would be located Bwayondabrain. Hope you find out and tell us!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#5re: Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 10/12/06 at 9:42pm

Rush seats are going to be "subject to availability." So, the location will vary depending on what they have on any given day.

And yes, as someone else said, it's the same policy as Sweeney's was; same producers, and all official sources list the same one.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#6re: Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 10/12/06 at 9:43pm

Company has the exact same policy Sweeney had. Were you throwing tantrums then? I got SRO at Sweeney and paid $36.25- the same price as the rear mezz seats. But it was sold out and I really wanted to see it, so I dealt.

There have been many shows I've wanted to see where student rush wasn't available for the weekends. The producers shouldn't have to sell you $110 tickets for $36.25 just because you're a student. Stop complaining and be grateful for the opportunity, geez.

And, BTW, most rush prices are going up. There was a huge scandal when Rent wanted to raise the lotto prices from $20 to $25 a year or two ago.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how
Updated On: 12/13/06 at 09:43 PM

luvtheEmcee
#7re: Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 10/12/06 at 9:49pm

I did Sweeney SRO on a Friday night and it was only $21.25...

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#8re: Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 10/12/06 at 9:52pm

Was it? It's been awhile. I saw it during the holiday season, so maybe that made the difference. Maybe the Producers was $36.25 for SRO? It's been almost a year, but one of them definitely wasn't $20.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#9re: Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 10/12/06 at 10:29pm

Company has the exact same policy Sweeney had. Were you throwing tantrums then?

I'm...not throwing a tantrum now.

avab802 Profile Photo
avab802
#10re: Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 12/13/06 at 9:55am

I know this is an old thread but I was searching for info on the Company rush and wanted to correct something...

And, BTW, most rush prices are going up. There was a huge scandal when Rent raised the lotto prices from $20 to $25 a year or two ago.

RENT lotto is still $20. Maybe they raised it and then lowered it back down again, but it was definitely $20 when I did it a month or so ago. Just in case anyone cares.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#11re: Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 12/13/06 at 12:18pm

I saw Company two Saturdays ago on student rush tickets. All student rush tickets were in the front row of the orchestra in the center section. Raul was standing practically right over me. And it was the first performance after the opening, so I can't imagine that just by chance every single front row seat didn't sell.
-BJH

kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#12re: Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 12/13/06 at 1:04pm

It IS confusing because on Talkin' Broadway and Playbill it says they only do it Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. But on the official Company website it says they are avalible everyday!

"$36.25
2 hours before all performances with valid student ID only.
(Limit 2)"

I was wondering the same thing. I'm going on a Saturday.

avab802 Profile Photo
avab802
#13re: Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 12/13/06 at 1:07pm

The lists on Talkin' Broadway and Playbill are not always the most accurate or up-to-date. I'd go with what the show's official website says.

luvtheEmcee
#14re: Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 12/13/06 at 2:23pm

Go with what the official website says.

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#15re: Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 12/13/06 at 3:51pm

I rushed last Wednesday, and the man giving me my ticket was very confusing and could not explain the policy as far as what seats are sold. It wasn't a sold-out show, but he said that mine was the last student ticket...I tried to ask if the policy was to sell whatever was available, but he couldn't explain it to me.

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#16re: Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 12/28/06 at 11:01pm

Has anyone that has rushed COMPANY not sat in the front row of the Orchestra? If not, where have the seats been located from your experiences?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#17re: Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 12/28/06 at 11:11pm

I got student rush for the first preview and was in the box seats.

Fantabulous428 Profile Photo
Fantabulous428
#18re: Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 12/28/06 at 11:32pm

They seem to start with the front row (center section), then second row (side sections), and then up to the boxes.

I recognize the addiction to being alive.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#19re: Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 12/28/06 at 11:39pm

Friends of mine went to see the show about a month ago on a Saturday afternoon and told me rush was available for that day. Maybe it's just subject to availability?

EDIT: the official site says rush is for all performance

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.
Updated On: 12/28/06 at 11:39 PM

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#20re: Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 12/28/06 at 11:49pm

According to the woman at the BO the policy is to sell front row and box seats first, and then they'll move on to whatever they have available (and yes, it's available every day). My first time buying student rush, I got front center mezz. Another time, I got side orchestra (which was surprisingly decent)

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#21re: Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 12/29/06 at 5:37am

I rushed on a Sunday, and got row L on the side. Not the worst seats, but not the best.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#22re: Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 12/29/06 at 9:44am

I went to a Wednesday matinee during previews and got front row orchestra center. The really amazing part was that they didn't even sell out of the front row rush seats.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#23re: Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 12/29/06 at 10:29am

*gasp*

This is amazing. I'm a happy boy now.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Maggie_May
#24re: Company Rush Not Available Fri-Sun?
Posted: 12/29/06 at 1:28pm

Are there two different rushes--one for matinee and one for evening or one collective rush?

Videos