pixeltracker

Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording

Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording

jjoey076 Profile Photo
jjoey076
#1Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/16/06 at 2:50pm

I just purchased the Titanic Cast Broadway Soundtrack and I noticed that a song is missing.

When did they cut "My Heart Will Go On"? I really loved that song. Did they take it out before the tour? Because I checked my DVD of the tour and it was there. I thought that was the best song in the show. Where did it go?

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#1re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/16/06 at 2:52pm

You're kidding, right?

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

jjoey076 Profile Photo
jjoey076
#2re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/16/06 at 2:53pm

Why, is it on your Cast Soundtrack?

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#3re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/16/06 at 2:54pm

it's on mine. funny.

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."

Yankeefan007
#4re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/16/06 at 2:56pm

It's on mine, too. I really love Michael Cerveris and Victoria Clark's duet....it's beautiful.

jjoey076 Profile Photo
jjoey076
#4re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/16/06 at 2:56pm

Where did you get it? I'm dying to hear that song again! I keep playing my DVD over and over again just to hear that song. Should I check Amazon?

luvliza89 Profile Photo
luvliza89
#6re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/16/06 at 2:57pm

I'm frighted Auntie Em, I'm frighted.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#7re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/16/06 at 2:57pm

Uh....

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Jon
#8re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/16/06 at 2:59pm

The guy who played the Leo part on Broadway sucked.

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#9re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/16/06 at 3:01pm

I got my copy before that huge Celene Dion debacle. don't you remember? she refused to give up the rights for anyone else EVER to sing that song. so the producers of the show were forced by Dion's peeps to take it out two days before the broadway opening.

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#10re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/16/06 at 3:03pm

I could throw my hat into the chain of sarcastic remarks like the rest of the people in this thread, but at this point, I'm just feeling REALLY REALLY sorry for you, so need to set the record straight. In case you didn't catch on, everyone who commented above me is pulling your chain and thinks your question is utterly absurd (and making fun of you).

JJOEY, I don't know WHAT gave you this idea, but the Broadway production of "TITANIC" has nothing (NOTHING!) to do with the movie. They were completely separate things that were released at relatively the same time. But they are NOT in any way connected.

Remember, we're talking about a Broadway Cast Recording, not a Soundtrack (for a movie). What you purchased was the recording of the stage production, which has its own story, songs, set, actors, characters, costumes, and everything else COMPLETELY SEPARATE from the movie. The only thing they have in common is a sinking ship and the historical characters involved.

So, I'm sorry if you were under the (terribly misguided) impression that Celine Dion was going to belt her heart out on a Broadway Cast Recording. Ain't gonna happen.

Also, I don't know what DVD you're referring to of the Titanic tour (unless you have the San Diego Tour bootleg, then shut your mouth) but there never was and never has been an addition of "My Heart Will Go On" to the show. This is just making me laugh. Hard. Poor unfortunate soul.

Updated On: 11/16/06 at 03:03 PM

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#11re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/16/06 at 3:05pm

Eugene, I think he's kidding. he mentions a DVD of the tour. I don't have one, and I don't think one exists.

Mattbrain
#12re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/16/06 at 3:12pm

Sweet Christ almighty!

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#13re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/16/06 at 5:06pm

Haha! This thread made my day :)

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

wishinguweresomehow Profile Photo
wishinguweresomehow
#14re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/16/06 at 6:52pm

wow...this thread seriously made my day...no joke!

re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording

"Not everyone can come and go by bubble"

TheMecca
#15re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/16/06 at 7:00pm

I don't know what this is, but it isn't funny.

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#16re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/16/06 at 7:23pm

Ummmmmm.....

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/

cturtle Profile Photo
cturtle
#17re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/16/06 at 7:23pm

i know! i can't believe that HEART song isn't on the broadway soundtrack! but the song i miss most is COME JOSEPHINE, IN MY FLYING MACHINE.

not funny??? this is the most i've laughed this year! (and i work in a public school.)

and my partner laughed harder than i did. and he thinks joey has changed his nick and will never appear as joey again ...

RIP glebby <3
Updated On: 11/16/06 at 07:23 PM

BreakingTheCircle07
#18re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/16/06 at 7:25pm

Ok, now that that my snottiness is out my system, I reply with more clarity. IF this was a real question, yikes! Going to Amazon or IBDB.com first to compare song listings would have been a better start. IF this was a joke, it sure got a rise out of us. Damn.

Mother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
#19re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/16/06 at 7:39pm

If this was a real question, do you really think the poster is aware of IBDB?

BreakingTheCircle07
#20re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/16/06 at 8:59pm

Oy, so true, Mother's Younger.

RentBoy86
#21re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/16/06 at 10:43pm

Ya know, I really wish there were a DVD, I never got to see this show.

Anyways, it does suck when I try and sing songs from this show in my voice class because people are always like "OMG, they made a musical out of Titanic?" But it really is a decent show. I hate how people have these preconcieved notions of musicals being all light and fluffy and full of huge ensemble dancing numbers.

Come Back to Me Profile Photo
Come Back to Me
#22re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/16/06 at 10:52pm

I prefer Shirley Q. Liquor's version of the song.
"NEAR, FAR, WHEREVER YOU IS."

Julian2
#23re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/16/06 at 11:33pm

Its on my CD, but I REALLY wish they had recorded the heart rendering reprise at the end of the show, I nearly doubled over crying in the Loont-Fountain theatre.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

elvisitis1302 Profile Photo
elvisitis1302
#24re: Song Missing from Titanic Cast Recording
Posted: 11/17/06 at 3:42pm

Damn! It's not on my CD either - but there is the lovely rendition of "It's All Coming Back to Me Now," added as an ode to Celine Dion after the success of "My Heart Will Go On." It's truly beautiful - in the show it was sung by Old Rose as she remembered her time with Jack.
Has anyone else heard this track?

Videos