pixeltracker

Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...- Page 2

Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...

IAMmyownMUSICAL Profile Photo
IAMmyownMUSICAL
#25re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/17/06 at 2:16pm

Man, I actually feel bad for him. He just can't get a break when it comes to his television career.

This is like his 4th cancelled show in the last few years.

Now all I see are cute boys with short haircuts in a maze of their own...

snl89
#26re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/17/06 at 2:16pm

Am I the only one who just doesn't see the appeal in Taye at all?

He's a mediocre actor, at best. And his singing doesn't even live up to his acting.

But, that's just my humble opinion. m

there are actually times when I think he's a really GOOD actor, and other times when I dont necasserily think he's so great. For example, I thought he was wonderful in the RENT movie- Benny's such an easy character to just kind of... not make anything of, but I really felt like he played him really well and made you see his side of things. In the broadway shows he's been in, they kind of make me think he's probably a better screen actor than he is a stage actor. As far as daybreak goes, I thought he did really well! The intense action drama thing works well for him :P and well, I'm not gonna lie. I do just enjoy getting able to look at him for an hour each week... he's so yummy and chocolatey *g*

oh, and as for singing, I love the sound of his voice, but again, I think certain things suit his voice and others dont so much. For example, wicked did NOT suit his voice. But I love You'll See Boys re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

#27re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/17/06 at 2:17pm

Well, ABC is no longer Shatastic!

Sylar2 Profile Photo
Sylar2
#28re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/17/06 at 2:21pm

"This is like his 4th cancelled show in the last few years"

maybe producers will finally realize he is pretty to look at but a pretty bad actor

snl89
#29re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/17/06 at 2:24pm

in his defense, I think with this show a lot of the dialague itself just tended to be a little bit on the corny side. Like, I'm not exactly how you would say "I love you" the way he was supposed to and make it sound any less corny than that... haha. Same with the "I dont know when tomorrow's gonna come" speech. Its just...it seems very hard to me to make that sound good! Like, if you compare the dialague in this show to the dialague in, say, Grey's Anatomy, it was just very mediocre at times.

what made the show good was that it was really addicting and really interesting and you want to figure the whole thing out :)

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
Updated On: 12/17/06 at 02:24 PM

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#30re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/17/06 at 2:28pm

I don't think it's Taye's fault that the show was canceled. The idea of the show and the actual show were both horrible.

soapguy17 Profile Photo
soapguy17
#31re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/17/06 at 3:10pm

As much as I love Taye as well, I have to admit he'd be working HALF as much if he didn't look the way he does.

I have NEVER met Cheyenne Jackson. I have never hung out with him in his dressing room, he did not tweet me, he never bought me a beverage, and he mostly certainly didn't tickle me. . .that is all.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#32re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/17/06 at 3:15pm

soapy, he wouldn't be working at ALL - at least not as an actor - if he didn't look like a god. He is a terrible actor.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

soapguy17 Profile Photo
soapguy17
#33re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/17/06 at 3:20pm

Rath, that crossed my mind, but I didn't want to sound harsh.

I have NEVER met Cheyenne Jackson. I have never hung out with him in his dressing room, he did not tweet me, he never bought me a beverage, and he mostly certainly didn't tickle me. . .that is all.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#34re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/17/06 at 3:22pm

Never stops me! re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#35re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/17/06 at 3:27pm

I love Taye and I love Day Break, but I saw this coming. I knew not that many people would have the patience for this show.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#36re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/17/06 at 3:56pm

Was this an ad??

Um, no, I am not a shill.

Brilliantbutcancelled.com is a website run by NBC Universal (who I don't work for), where you bet on what new tv show gets cancelled that week, and if your show gets cancelled you're entered in the prize drawing. I don't do much of the other stuff on their website- I think the layout's a little cumbersome, and televisionwithoutpity.com (this is not an ad) is better for snarking on shows and recaps, while tmz.com (not an ad), defamer.com (not an ad), etc are better for the television insider gossip type stuff. But I like brilliantbutcancelled.com for the betting and the prizes.

#37re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/17/06 at 4:01pm

i loved this show!
meanies

MimiLovesRoger Profile Photo
MimiLovesRoger
#38re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/17/06 at 4:26pm

My mom liked that show...

AnaGFan
#39re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/17/06 at 5:07pm

ABC promoted the show a lot but the ads were just yuckkkk...

At least Kevin Hill was watchable.

Queenie Was A Blonde Profile Photo
Queenie Was A Blonde
#40re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/17/06 at 5:09pm

I loved it and I thought the last episode was the best of them all. The only episodes I thought were iffy were the 2 episodes making up the pilot. I found it way too repetitive.

I am so sad, I really wanted to find out what happens.

"Dont look at me that way Your ears and your eyes Got used to the lies But you're getting the truth today"

"Ah the city. So many lights you can actually pretend one of them is shining on you."

CLIFF: "There was a cabaret and there was a master of ceremonies and there was a city called Berlin in a country called Germany - and it was the end of the world and I was dancing with Sally Bowles - and we were both fast asleep"

kover22 Profile Photo
kover22
#41re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/17/06 at 5:45pm

My hubby and I watched this show every week....I am very sad!! To us it was one of the better shows out there.

I have RSD...but it doesn't have me!!!!

bwayfan3 Profile Photo
bwayfan3
#42re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/17/06 at 6:51pm

I just don't think this was the best vehicle for him.
While the Kevin Hill legal stuff was absolutely terrible, the reluctant father themes were actually quite touching and Taye had a natural and easy charm in these scenes, that this new show gave him very limited opportunity to do. I don't think he should be an action star, even if he's buff as all hell.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#43re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/17/06 at 9:48pm

I don't think Taye's talent (or supposed lack thereof) has anything to do with how this show was received. Somehow, with people like Ellen Pompeo, Eva Longoria, and the cast of The OC (just to name a few) on TV, I get the impression that television audiences could not care less about an actor's talent.

Personally, I enjoyed the show, and really wanted to see what happened--this coming from someone who hates everything on the idiotbox, save Desperate Housewives. I really don't think the show was all that bad--it was certainly better than some hit shows I've seen.

Plum
#44re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/17/06 at 9:51pm

Wasn't Adam Baldwin on this show? I like him, generally.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#45re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/17/06 at 11:28pm

The show sucked. enough said.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Radioactiveduck Profile Photo
Radioactiveduck
#46re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/18/06 at 12:40am

Day Break looked like such a terrible show. I feel bad for Taye, he cant catch a break as far as TV shows go.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#47re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/18/06 at 1:52pm

I actually watched this . My friend frm Mutant X, Victoria Pratt was a supporting player and she is SUCH a doll- I really wanted this to go. ( admitedly the Rashomon/ Groundhog Day device WAS wearing a bit thin not to say confusing) Oh well, NEXT!

waddledee524 Profile Photo
waddledee524
#48re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/18/06 at 4:44pm

I was so angry that Lost got pushed aside for Groundhog Day. I want Lost back!

Hear the words I sing: war's a horrid thing. So, I sing sing sing... Ding a ling a ling.

Shawk Profile Photo
Shawk
#49re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...
Posted: 12/18/06 at 5:42pm

This does not surprise me. The show was just wretched, from the writing to the acting to pretty much everything else.

It did provide me and my friends some fun opportunities for MST3K-type mockery, though. re: Taye Diggs TV Show pulled from ABC schedule...

'"Contrairiwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."' ~Lewis Carroll