News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Who's your favorite character from Company?

#1Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 3:46pm

My favorite character from Company is Sarah.

WalkOn
#2re: Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 3:51pm

I would love to sit at a bar with Elaine Strich's JoAnne.

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart; and you'll never walk alone.
Updated On: 1/25/07 at 03:51 PM

Jellylorum Profile Photo
Jellylorum
#2re: Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 3:54pm

I like Marta and April.

I love all the characters, I couldn't choose just one. In fact, picking two was hard enough for me.

"It's a goddamn beautiful day, shut up!"

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#3re: Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 3:54pm

Amy...mostly because I am that crazy.

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

BwayStar Profile Photo
BwayStar
#4re: Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 3:58pm

The audience!!!!!!!!!!!

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#5re: Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 4:18pm

Well David, because I played him, but mostly Marta because she is like me!

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

&OneForMahler
#6re: Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 4:21pm

I love Marta, because she gets "Another Hundred People."
...but I'm probably most like scatterbrained Amy.

<--- me & Erin Davie =) omigod, omigod you guys...

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#7re: Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 4:25pm

I love Robert and Amy the best. But Joanne has some great one-liners.

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#8re: Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 5:59pm

I like David - probably because Fred Rose in the current production is so cute! But he seems sweet and funny. And while I think I am brighter than April, I am *can you have a SPOILER on this kind of thing?* the kind of person who feels bad about/sometimes feels like she is, a wounded butterfly.

OOTI2004 Profile Photo
OOTI2004
#9re: Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 6:04pm

Definately April

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#10re: Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 6:22pm

Amy all the way! Amazing song. Hot "fiancee". (In the revival)

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#11re: Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 6:27pm

I love Marta, just for her song. But I identify with Bobby.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#12re: Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 6:30pm

Definitely Bobby, but I really liked Sarah in the revival. I don't know if it was the character or the actress though.

Bal
#13re: Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 6:34pm

Sarah and Jenny seem very sweet to me, but I also like Marta and Kathy a lot.

I don't know why people are saying they like David... he's kind of a jerk. In my opinion, anyway... He's so... superior about his wife.

Hey All-For-Laura, what up?

"Well, obviously Company is about the Kennedy family. Bobby is played by Raul, and JFK is played by Harvey Fierstein." -vfd88

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#14re: Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 6:47pm

Hmm...it's easy to come up with Joanne and Amy, but...I think I'll go with Larry. What he says about loving Joanne and such after The Ladies Who Lunch is soo sweet.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

#15re: Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 6:58pm

MARTA
AMY
APRIL
KATHY
JOANNE

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#16re: Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 7:03pm

Crazy Amy re: Who's your favorite character from Company?

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#17re: Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 7:10pm

In theatrical terms, Bobby. (I know, you are all SHOCKED.) But as "people," my favorites are Marta and Sarah -- though come to think of it, I find most of the women really likable.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 1/25/07 at 07:10 PM

Fantabulous428 Profile Photo
Fantabulous428
#18re: Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 7:21pm

I really like Kathy - although I think a lot of why I like her so much has to do with Kelly Jeanne Grant. Kathy and Bobby's scene together about the park is one of my favorites.

I recognize the addiction to being alive.

#19re: Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 7:26pm

its interesting how the actress who plays KATHY in the revival was able to make such an impression with such a small role.

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#20re: Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 7:28pm

I agree, I really did like Kathy in the revival. I wish she had more to do.

luvtheEmcee
#21re: Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 7:30pm

I adore that scene as well -- it's so sweet, it often almost makes me cry. Raúl and KJG work wonderfully together on stage. Kelly Jeanne's Kathy is so sweet and sophisticated and perfect as the girl that got away, and I think Bobby loves her very much, even if now perhaps platonically. I always find myself thinking that they should (and wanting them to) be together.

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#22re: Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 7:35pm

Marta, Joanne, Amy, Larry, April

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#23re: Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 7:38pm

Kathy might be the perfect girl, but she's so not right for Bobby. They strike me as very much like Carrie/Aidan on Sex and the City. Sure, he was perfect on paper, but they had such different interests and outlooks that it never could have worked. Even if Bobby could've gotten it together, I can't see him being happy with Kathy.

My favorite character is April, especially as Elizabeth Stanley plays her. I'm not sure why, but I love the scene where she talks about moving to New York, and of course the butterfly story.

luvtheEmcee
#24re: Who's your favorite character from Company?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 7:43pm

Right. I think it's mostly him, not her, (because I think he has some pretty deep issues) but I also think there's a difference between loving someone and actually being right for that person -- which strikes me as the case between those two, especially since he can't get it together. Of course, that part where she tells him she wants real things, like a husband and kids and he tells her that her problem is that she wants "too little," is very telling; she's not bold enough, and not the kind of woman he'd probably be happy with. What I meant by wanting them to be together is sort of sentimental logic, though -- they're just so cute, so I sort of wish they could be, and that it could work out. re: Who's your favorite character from Company? Something about the way he looks at her says he gets that, too -- wishes it could have, knows it can't -- which is really sort of sad.

Updated On: 1/25/07 at 07:43 PM

Videos