pixeltracker

Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released

Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#1Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released
Posted: 3/13/07 at 12:50am

http://latinoreview.com/filmpreview_image.php?id=10404

Keep in mind this is a promotional teaser poster released at the 2007 ShoWest convention. I doubt it will be used in theatres.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

neddyfrank2
#2re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released
Posted: 3/13/07 at 12:52am

Didn't Sott Wittman also write the lyrics!

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#2re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released

I kinda hope it won't be used in theaters. It's pretty boring.

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

Mistress_Spouzic Profile Photo
Mistress_Spouzic
#3re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released

i like the background pattern but i think the names in white pop more than the names in black. im not sure if that was intentional.

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#4re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released
Posted: 3/13/07 at 12:53am

Hah...I was just about to ask about Scott too!

Akiva

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#5re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released
Posted: 3/13/07 at 12:55am

Most of the teaser posters I've seen at Show West have been used later to market the film wide. But gee I hope I'm wrong in this case as that is one of the ugliest most blah teaser posters I've ever seen.

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#6re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released
Posted: 3/13/07 at 12:56am

It reminds me of Hair.

"If I have something to say, the whole world (BroadwayWorld) should hear it." - Thenardier

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#7re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released
Posted: 3/13/07 at 12:56am

That is seriously ugly.

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

Luckydave14
#8re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released
Posted: 3/13/07 at 12:57am

They should probably use a design similar to the Broadway one as it is the most recognizable and people would probably associate the two together. A random person who doesn't know a movie is being made of the Hairspray musical on Broadway might think is a random movie called Hairspray. Also, Amanda Bynes shouldn't be billed above the title if none of the other kids are. They should switch her and Allison Janney around.

thevolleyballer
#9re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released
Posted: 3/13/07 at 12:59am

Eh. It's a teaser poster -- they're not often amazing. Some rarities turn out to be amazing teaser posters, but quite often, they're just little teases meant to piss you off.

Indeed. This just pisses me off -- but, I might say, in a good way. If that makes any sense.

Mistress_Spouzic Profile Photo
Mistress_Spouzic
#10re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released
Posted: 3/13/07 at 12:59am

it might be in her contract that shes billed with the bigger names...

Luckydave14
#11re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released
Posted: 3/13/07 at 1:05am

It definately is in her contract, or else she never would have been placed there. Nowadays, Zac Efron is a bigger name than Amanda Bynes anyways. They probably should just bill everyone above the title in like two rows.

Luckydave14
#12re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released
Posted: 3/13/07 at 1:05am

double Updated On: 3/13/07 at 01:05 AM

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#13re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released
Posted: 3/13/07 at 1:08am

Luckydave14 - let the marketing directors decide what to do. re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released Having Bynes be billed above the title is a contract agreement.

And what they DON'T want is a duplicate of the Broadway production. That would confuse the two - which is the film and which is the stage show?

They need to (and are) distinguish themselves as a seperate film from the older film and stage production. I don't particularly like this poster, and yes it does remind me of HAIR - but I suspect this was just made up for ShoWest. Michael Bennett is right - most of the artwork displayed at ShoWest is used later across the country. But I've only noticed that with blockbuster films: King Kong, Superman Returns, Spiderman, Pirates, etc. HAIRSPRAY could become a blockbuster, but at the moment it's just a summer popcorn flick with huge names attached.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Mrs.LinkLarkin2 Profile Photo
Mrs.LinkLarkin2
#14re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released
Posted: 3/13/07 at 1:14am

That poster is bad. i can see them liking it cause it shows off the amazing cast but that's it. they should use something similiar to the show poster (hanging on my wall)

BDrischBDemented
#15re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released
Posted: 3/13/07 at 1:20am

Well, that's...orange...

"Your lyrics lack subtlety! You can't just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!"

Craww
#16re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released
Posted: 3/13/07 at 1:24am

It's a retro sort of ugly. That might actually be appealing if it was invoking the correct era in its ugliness.

They'll probably have something more visual as the official poster. Either cast photos arranged in the standard movie poster way, or something.

dididda Profile Photo
dididda
#17re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released
Posted: 3/13/07 at 1:25am

zzzzzzzzzzzz....next....

""the gays love their presents. just wave something shiny in front of their faces, you can get whatever you want. Thats how we got manhattan from the gay indians" -Karen (W&G)"

VIETgrlTerifa
#18re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released
Posted: 3/13/07 at 1:26am

Anyone know why Whitman's name isn't listed?

"I've got to get me out of here This place is full of dirty old men And the navigators and their mappy maps And moldy heads and pissing on sugar cubes While you stare at your books."

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#19re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released
Posted: 3/13/07 at 1:44am

My first reaction to it was, that it reminds me of Hair. Glad I'm not crazy.

Pretty blah if you ask me.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

Luckydave14
#20re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released
Posted: 3/13/07 at 1:50am

If this is what ends up in any movie theaters, the marketing directors really should be fired. It is a terrible poster and doesn't do anything for the movie. Our Mateo could probably make a very nice poster.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#21re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released
Posted: 3/13/07 at 1:55am

The Marc Shaiman thing was the first thing I noticed too. Poort Scott Wittman, lol.

Julian2
#22re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released
Posted: 3/13/07 at 2:23am

1. Where is Scott Wittman?!?!?!?!?
2. It looks like a psychadelic '70s movie, it just screams "lava lamp".
3. Is the backround supposed to be a "beehive" in reference to the hairstyle? That's a little weak.

It seems like they're just relying on their names at this point. I know it still early, but they need to make the names "pop" and make people interested. Just using the names only turns on the "super" fans of actors. You need to get peak people's interest so then they can say "Oh ________'s in it? I think I may have to see that."

I don't know, just my two cents.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

Act4ever Profile Photo
Act4ever
#23re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released
Posted: 3/13/07 at 2:32am

It looks a little gay. And I mean gay as in homosexual (not "dumb".) What's with the rainbow lettering?

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#24re: Teaser Poster For HAIRSPRAY Film Released
Posted: 3/13/07 at 6:43am

I was going to say the same thing, Act4ever. They would NEVER use this poster to market the film across the country. The rainbow lettering screams GAY and is a total turn off to the mainstream American moviegoer.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)