pixeltracker

Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?

Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#2re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Posted: 4/16/07 at 1:27pm

CATS
BRKLYN
THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK (London)

skingdom
#2re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Posted: 4/16/07 at 1:30pm

aka
what shows do you hate
aka
what shows would you never buy cast recordings to
aka
what shows do you regret seeing
aka
what are the worst shows ever

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#3re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Posted: 4/16/07 at 1:31pm

The first act of the current West End production of 'Porgy & Bess' was less than enthralling, but it definitely improved for act two. 'Phantom Of The Opera' in the West End completely underwhelmed me. But that's been it, really. I'm very lucky to be so easily amused. :3

Skingdom: not at all. I don't hate 'Porgy & Bess', I'd buy the cast recording, I don't regret seeing it, and it's not awful. I just found the first act boring. There are distinctions that can be made with opinion threads, and just because you're too unimaginative to see that "bad", "boring", and "regretful" aren't the same things doesn't mean that the rest of us are.

Updated On: 4/16/07 at 01:31 PM

MargoChanning
#4re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Posted: 4/16/07 at 1:33pm

Dozens

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#5re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Posted: 4/16/07 at 1:33pm

skingdom, if we relied on original questions only, this board would have closed a loooooong time ago re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Updated On: 4/16/07 at 01:33 PM

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#6re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Posted: 4/16/07 at 1:34pm

Never. Everything I've ever seen has been a jam-packed house of thrills from overture to curtain call.

misschung
#7re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Posted: 4/16/07 at 1:36pm

I fell asleep during the matinee of 1776 against my playbill, and when I woke up I had an imprint of the ink on the side of my face

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

WestVillage Profile Photo
WestVillage
#8re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Posted: 4/16/07 at 1:37pm

too many to mention.

skingdom
#9re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Posted: 4/16/07 at 1:38pm

i'm sorry...lately people have been critisizing me for starting oft written of topics...so I had to take the opportunity...

do forgive me...

skingdom out.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#10re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Posted: 4/16/07 at 1:39pm

Notre Dame de Paris

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Piercemn Profile Photo
Piercemn
#11re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Posted: 4/16/07 at 2:01pm

As Margo said, dozens, but most recently, Passion at Minnesota Opera. I wanted to gnaw my arm off, it was so bad.

I fell asleep at two: Children's Theatre's Little Match Girl and Harold and the Purple Crayon, and walked out of the tour of Parade.

NYC Visitor and Broadway Fan

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#12re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Posted: 4/16/07 at 2:25pm

Movin Out

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#13re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Posted: 4/16/07 at 2:26pm

James Joyce's The Dead

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#14re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Posted: 4/16/07 at 2:35pm

Lots and lots of community or high school theatre shows...as far as Broadway, I don't think I've ever quite been BORED with something I've seen live, but watching the Sunday in the Park with George video was a little hard to get through, not knowing anything about it. After listening to the cast recording I've begun to ease into it.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#15re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Posted: 4/16/07 at 2:35pm

THE APPLE TREE

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#16re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Posted: 4/16/07 at 3:33pm

Talk Radio

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Born2bamneris Profile Photo
Born2bamneris
#17re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Posted: 4/16/07 at 3:38pm

Chicago...It seemed like all of the old folks were laughing at all the jokes, and I almost fell asleep

"I want to thank everyone who said 'you can?t' and I want to thank everyone who said 'you wont' cause guess what? I can, I will, and watch me! "-Shoshana Bean Why am I trying so hard to fit in...When I was born to stand out!

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#18re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Posted: 4/16/07 at 3:45pm

Chicago is quite thrilling and extremely entertaining and gives a great, if cynical message to the audience. I think it's the best musical ever written but I'm in a minority there. Born2bamneris, what in your opinion is not boring?
What bored me? Phantom of the Opera. God, it's just...bad.
Tarzan. It was beyond boring. It was just bad.
Beauty and the Beast. Go see the movie. It's more entertaining and better structured than the show. If only Howard Ashman had not passed away.
It's wonderfull well written and a classic show, but Oklahoma!'s dialouge heavy second act does not hold up well in this century. After an exiting dance number, twenty minutes of straight dialouge, a breif number and fifteen minutes of more dialouge, as good as the dialouge is, is quite boring. It's great dialouge, but if Rodgers and Hammerstein had thrown one more song it, it would work even better. So, it didn't bore me, but if the dialouge had went on much longer, it probably would have. It certainly bored the rest of the audience.

Anthony3 Profile Photo
Anthony3
#19re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Posted: 4/16/07 at 3:46pm

The Woman in White
Hot Feet

mejusthavingfun Profile Photo
mejusthavingfun
JsnWse
#21re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Posted: 4/16/07 at 3:51pm

Sunday In The Park With George.

CastAlbumFan Profile Photo
CastAlbumFan
#22re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Posted: 4/16/07 at 4:35pm

Lots.

Praying Decca Broadway will put "Don't Bother Me, I Can't Cope" on CD!

blueroses
#23re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Posted: 4/16/07 at 4:38pm

Brooklyn.

istillbelieve24601 Profile Photo
istillbelieve24601
#24re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Posted: 4/16/07 at 4:41pm

I've been fortunate to be never COMPLETELY bored at a Broadway show. The only Broadway show I saw I wasn't a particular fan of at the time was Fiddler on the Roof. I only knew a few of the songs, and we did the touristy thing and got tickets at the TKTS board a week after Christmas. Our tickets were row XX. I couldn't see any of the actors faces. Since I wasn't too familar with the plot, I had no idea what was going on. However, I eventually went out and got the cast album, rented the movie and appeared in the show. Now, it's one of my favorites.

In community theatre, I almost fell asleep while watching a performance of Bus Stop.

Cosette: Roses are red. Marius: Violets are blue. Eponine: You're so in love! Marius: And so not with you.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#25re: Was there ever a show you saw that bored you?
Posted: 4/16/07 at 4:42pm

Dr. Doolittle
The Lion King

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Videos