pixeltracker

Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website

Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website

wildcat78
#1Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website
Posted: 8/23/07 at 10:53am

Seattle news www.king5.com has a 3 minute clip up of YF. It's small parts of a few songs. If the link doesn't work it's under the local news section of king5.com.

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_082207WAB_ticket_fraud_KS.5d1313b9.html

the1liamg
#2re: Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website
Posted: 8/23/07 at 11:22am

The show looks great! Thanks for these clips. If anyone has the demo recording, please can you PM me! Thanksx

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#2re: Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website
Posted: 8/23/07 at 11:30am

Thanks for the link!

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#4re: Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website
Posted: 8/23/07 at 11:54am

I can't wait to hear the full version of Please Don't Touch Me! It looks hysterical!

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Lm4dham05
#5re: Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website
Posted: 8/23/07 at 11:56am

Can't wait!

Thanks for sharing

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#6re: Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website
Posted: 8/23/07 at 12:38pm

Thanks!

I can't WAIT for this show. It looks hilarious.

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#7re: Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website
Posted: 8/23/07 at 1:54pm

ug! I can't get it to work. it won't play for me...:O(

Yankeefan007
#8re: Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website
Posted: 8/23/07 at 2:00pm

I guess after her "Karen Walker" days, it's impossible for Megan Mullally to sound like she did during H2$ or Grease.

She still sounds good, but that shrill, high-pitched tone isn't working for me.

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#9re: Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website
Posted: 8/23/07 at 2:07pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one... I don't know if it's a character voice or what. I thought Elizabeth's voice should be rich and sexy, but maybe that's just me.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

Glory Profile Photo
Glory
#10re: Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website
Posted: 8/23/07 at 2:29pm

I would think that is her character voice and I think it sounds awesome. She sounds so great!

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#11re: Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website
Posted: 8/23/07 at 2:41pm

Looks GREAT!!!

I LOVE the pop "Puttin' in the Ritz" gets ... and deservedly so, that number's most likely THE show-stealer. Can't wait for the reviews tonight from Seattle! re: Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website

BroadwayPhil Profile Photo
BroadwayPhil
#12re: Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website
Posted: 8/23/07 at 2:50pm

GREAT !! Thanks for the link. "Together again for the first time" looks like a riot. And I've been secretly in love with Sutton Foster for quite a while.

Don't be the Bunny ....

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#13re: Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website
Posted: 8/23/07 at 2:52pm

I think YF is honestly the best I've heard Sutton's voice.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#14re: Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website
Posted: 8/23/07 at 3:06pm

Wow...thanks for posting this. Looks pretty good. Everyone sounds great.

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

boo41419892
#15re: Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website
Posted: 8/23/07 at 3:17pm

I thought Megan did a Karen-ish voice for "Please Don't Touch Me" but in "Ah, Sweet Mystery of Life" and "Deep Love" I thought it was less like Karen but throughout the show she sounded like Karen at times.

travtrev2 Profile Photo
travtrev2
#16re: Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website
Posted: 8/23/07 at 3:59pm

looks great, thanks for the link!

zooxanthellae Profile Photo
zooxanthellae
#17re: Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website
Posted: 8/23/07 at 5:56pm

Wow thank you so much for posting that! If only December 8th could be here sooner!

how long do you think it will take them to get a cast recording of this out there?

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#18re: Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website
Posted: 8/23/07 at 6:59pm

wow, I am pretty psyched for this :)

"He Vas My Boyfriend" looks hilarious, definitely my favorite of the clips

And it was like a 10 second clip, but Sutton didnt sound as...naive, ditzy, or Swedish as I hoped. But she looks fantastic

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

thevolleyballer
#19re: Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website
Posted: 8/23/07 at 7:07pm

The funny thing about Megan is that "Please Don't Touch Me" is one of her best moments, yet it's also the only one in which she sounds truly Karen-ish. Other than that, her lines are said with a kind of uptight, slightly British, sultry, cheeky accent... I really don't know how to describe it other than to assure you that it isn't Karen. Haha.

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#20re: Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website
Posted: 8/23/07 at 7:08pm

MEGANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN =) I can not wait for this.

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#21re: Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website
Posted: 8/23/07 at 7:26pm

What thevolleyballer said, her voice is really only high pitched in "Please Don't Touch Me," but that is by far her best song(IMO)...although "Surprise" is a great number of hers too!

wildcat78
#22re: Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website
Posted: 8/23/07 at 7:32pm

Megan does channel Karen a bit in "Please Don't Touch Me" but my favorite of hers was "Deep Love". Very un-Karen sounding and very funny.

I was surprised the news channel posted these clips. Of course it's only 3 minutes, but when they were doing the news story last night and said clips were online I bolted to my computer to check it out :)

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#23re: Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website
Posted: 8/23/07 at 8:34pm

I hope they'll get the cast recording out by the holiday's.

Videos