Wicked Movie?

SayitSomehow
#25re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 12/13/07 at 4:30pm

I'll say it again - Disney needs to buy the rights and make a new animated musical out of it, cause that's the only way it will make a good movie - and it would probably become Disney's most money-making animated musical ever with the young girls of today.

AngActing Profile Photo
AngActing
#26re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 12/13/07 at 5:27pm

Well, if they wait long enough . . . Idina Menzel and/or Kristen Chenoweth can portray "Madame Morrible", right?! Dakota Fanning will, by that time, be old enough to be regular "Galinda"!

Zac Efron as "The Wizard" . . . he, too, will be old enough.

Hmmm . . . what child star as "Elphaba"? Hmmm, Rachel Covey should be perfect for the role! [If you don't know, she is the little girl in "Enchanted"]!

Now, that will be great!

Love and Stage Lights, Angela Theresa

EdmundOG
#27re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 12/13/07 at 5:39pm

Robert Picardo as the Wizard, Anthony Head as Dillamond, Christine Baranski as Morrible, Kristen Bell as Galinda, Anne Hathaway as Elphaba, Gregory Smith as Fiyero, Danny Strong as Boq, Doug Jones as Grommetik.

You can send me my check anytime, Hollywood.

AKDPerformer Profile Photo
AKDPerformer
#28re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 12/13/07 at 8:28pm

Hahahahaha.

Mandy Moore as Glinda?

God no....

If that were to ever even happen they'd change the key of practically every song and transpose for her voice like crazy.

"We need people not to come to Broadway shows wearing shorts and flip-flops. We are working hard up here folks. Find a pair of socks."-Joanna Gleason "I hear L. Ron Hubbard is gonna blow the ladies...and all that jazz! C'mon babe! We're gonna unicorn hug, I bought some NyQuil down....at Wal-Mart?!"-Bebe Neuwirth singing ATJ to Musical Mad Libs at DQYNJ :)

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#29re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 12/13/07 at 8:38pm

I think you may see a movie of WICKED sooner than you might think (2010 sounds about accurate) but I doubt it will be with that cast...

nitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
#30re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 12/13/07 at 8:41pm

With this strike, NOTHING will be written.

Universal has been sitting on the rights for years. They won't give it up to Disney. I don't see it as a cartoon anyway. Maybe in a more Miyazaki style, but not straight animation.

I'd rather have dark and dirty over pink and pretty.

"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#31re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 12/13/07 at 8:53pm

Keep in mind the story of the shows creation. Universal tried to creat the novel as a movie but realized it would be better off as a musical.

But, I do wonder if now that the show is a success if that would change anything. I do think that if they tried to create it as a move but failed and try to do it again this time as a movie musical. They might run into some of the same problems that let them to decide to change the medium of the adaptation.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#32re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 12/13/07 at 9:52pm

They originally were going to make it into a made-for-TV movie starring Demi Moore

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#33re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 12/14/07 at 12:37am

oh GOD that sounds terrible. I haven't seen a good made-for-tv anything since Cinderella with Brandy.

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#34re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 12/14/07 at 12:39am

Yeah... it's all in the Grimmerie

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

Wildcard
#35re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 3/11/08 at 6:32pm

A "Wicked" Movie in 2014?

"Maguire tells the paper there will be no movie adaptation of Wicked until 2014, the ten-year anniversary of the 2003-2004 season Tony Award nominated Broadway debut. If that pans out, it will be exactly the same battle plan as the one executed by 2002 Best Picture Academy Award winner Chicago."

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#36re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 3/11/08 at 6:35pm

That's funny.

I bet whoever posted that took a long while to figure out just who would be in it

It's still a smash hit on broadway and was/is on tour. There's no need to milk a movie now
Updated On: 3/11/08 at 06:35 PM

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#37re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 3/11/08 at 6:36pm

theaterguy I love drew barrymore but by the time wicked is a movie- she will be too old to play Glinda.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#38re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 3/11/08 at 10:25pm

"oh GOD that sounds terrible. I haven't seen a good made-for-tv anything since Cinderella with Brandy."

I agree.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

LittlexFallxOfxRain
#39re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 3/11/08 at 11:22pm

Woody Allen as The Wizard! C'Mon!

Haha this is hysterical! If there ever is a movie, they better do a good job and keep all of the magic that is in Wicked...unlike the Rent movie.
Updated On: 3/12/08 at 11:22 PM

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#40re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 3/12/08 at 7:05am

I'm afraid that a movie just won't be as powerful. the whole defying gravity isn't as cool on film. I personally think they should tape the stage version and place it on video..but wait until the show begins to slow down

Genius lasts longer than beauty.

Urban
#41re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 3/12/08 at 8:27am

These sockpuppets are not even any good! C'mon, if you make me miss the likes of I<3Idina!!!, that is very sad!
Updated On: 3/12/08 at 08:27 AM

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#42re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 3/12/08 at 9:42am

I don't think that the Wicked movie is neccesarily a good idea period..

look at the Rent movie? it took out so much just to fit a film, and then there's Mamma Mia! coming out in a few months which will probably detract also.

husk_charmer
#43re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 3/12/08 at 11:01am

My question is how are they going to film "Defying Gravity" and have it come off with half the power it does onstage.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

SpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile Photo
SpellingBeeFan4Ever
#44re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 3/12/08 at 2:17pm

I say they cast Gaiken as Glinda.

He's a faker, and you've been taken in by his con. And in doing so, you are enabling him. He is doing more damage to aspergers than papa's words ever could. -Chane/Liverpool on me having asperger syndrome.

Remote33
#45re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 3/12/08 at 2:31pm

You know, after seeing Amy Adams singing What Is This Feeling on SNL, I think she'd make a great Glinda. Idina is still young enough to play Elphaba on film (Kristin is way too old for Glinda now).

Bette Midler as Morrible please.

kylestefanie Profile Photo
kylestefanie
#46re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 3/12/08 at 2:38pm

"motion picture is set to release in the fall of 2010, with Anne Hathaway and Mandy Moore"
NO! no! no!

sorry its just no Anne Hathaway and NO, Mandy Moore!!!!!

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#47re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 3/12/08 at 2:42pm

Oh, yah no, not people that movie goers know! Please! Not those who would make audiences watch the film! It's either Eyedine and Kristian or I jump off a bridge....defying gravityyyyy!

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#48re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 3/12/08 at 2:48pm

My question is how are they going to film "Defying Gravity" and have it come off with half the power it does onstage

Maybe she could actually look like she's flying?
Updated On: 3/12/08 at 02:48 PM

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#49re: Wicked Movie?
Posted: 3/12/08 at 2:49pm

"My question is how are they going to film "Defying Gravity" and have it come off with half the power it does onstage."

cinematography. It is actually alot easier to make a moment like that much more moving in a film than onstage. They would have to change the bit with the guards though because it is unlikely that any one excaping by broom would buss past the heads of the guards causing them to suck for cover (but they have to do that in the show for obvious reasons) I can easily see her flying through the window of some ornate building in the centre of the emerald city and some hoe working in some dark cloud to cover the moon(like the smoke in Sweney) there are so much posibilities.

I think the movie should be done just because. No one honestly would expect it to be the same as onstage and it shouldnt be, just look at all the other recent movies, just once it is not a terrible mess like the phantom one was. I read somewhere that someone suggested they film it in the same way as they did with 300

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre