pixeltracker

Ace of Cakes ("Hairspray Premiere")

Ace of Cakes ("Hairspray Premiere")

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1Ace of Cakes ("Hairspray Premiere")
Posted: 2/10/08 at 9:34am

Hi. I just realized from the 'blog' archives that there was an episode of Ace of Cakes about the premiere of Hairspray. If anybody knows where I can find this episode online, please let me know! :)

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#2re: Ace of Cakes ('Hairspray Premiere')
Posted: 2/10/08 at 9:36am

I'm not sure you can see this online, but those episodes are repeated frequently. I saw it, but was kind of grossed out that they put "roaches" on the cake in homage to the original, because there were definitely no roaches in the movie musical.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

jacobsnchz14
#2re: Ace of Cakes ('Hairspray Premiere')
Posted: 2/10/08 at 9:44am

When I saw the picture, I thought it was referring to "cooties". lol.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#3re: Ace of Cakes ('Hairspray Premiere')
Posted: 2/10/08 at 11:36am

Nope, it was roaches from the original movie. I was sad they didn't do their homework and make one that was specific for the film.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

musicalmaster703 Profile Photo
musicalmaster703
#4re: Ace of Cakes ('Hairspray Premiere')
Posted: 2/10/08 at 11:49am

i saw that episode. But they won't do it for a while there are only new episodes on re: Ace of Cakes ('Hairspray Premiere')

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#5re: Ace of Cakes ('Hairspray Premiere')
Posted: 2/10/08 at 12:00pm

I loved ACE OF CAKES before this! Go Duff!

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#6re: Ace of Cakes ('Hairspray Premiere')
Posted: 2/10/08 at 12:52pm

I love Ace of Cakes, too. But I agree on the roaches... they weren't needed and didn't have a place on the cake. Though I seem to remember some big wig loving them.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

helloagain
#7re: Ace of Cakes ('Hairspray Premiere')
Posted: 2/10/08 at 2:49pm

re: Ace of Cakes ('Hairspray Premiere')

Thought I would share the picture from the episode that I found online.
Harryx

Robos89
#8re: Ace of Cakes ('Hairspray Premiere')
Posted: 2/10/08 at 2:57pm

I LOVE ACE OF CAKES!

I've never seen the original film, but those roaches do seem out of place!!!

?

DottieD'Luscia
#9re: Ace of Cakes ('Hairspray Premiere')
Posted: 2/10/08 at 4:01pm

Diva, I agree, they really didn't seem to do their homework. Then again, if this was for the premiere, they necessarily wouldn't have known that the roaches did not make an appearance in this particular version.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

jacobsnchz14
#10re: Ace of Cakes ('Hairspray Premiere')
Posted: 2/10/08 at 4:10pm

They could've asked an official on the movie, though. Just brainstormin' here. lol.

Dancin Thru Life Profile Photo
Dancin Thru Life
#11re: Ace of Cakes ('Hairspray Premiere')
Posted: 2/10/08 at 8:13pm

I can't believe how overrated that whole "Ace of Cakes" crew is!

I mean, the show has only exposed how inefficient, unprepared, and unskilled they really are. Most of their cakes look like High School history projects.

The HAIRSPRAY, cake, for example, is totally unimpressive. Watch a "cake challenge" show on FoodTV some tim eto see some REAL talent!

Color me baffled!

:)

"To love another person is to see the face of God!"

DottieD'Luscia
#12re: Ace of Cakes ('Hairspray Premiere')
Posted: 2/10/08 at 8:31pm

Though some of their cakes are incredible, are they even remotely edible after all that work? I like a cake with some flavor as opposed to plain cake with frosting.

Holly Therese Profile Photo
Holly Therese
#13re: Ace of Cakes ('Hairspray Premiere')
Posted: 2/10/08 at 9:26pm

I am totally addicted to Ace of Cakes. How about the Hogwarts castle or the EMT armadillo?! I didn't think those looked like high school projects...

"You know, with the right volume, Patti LuPone can make a car bounce, too...." -Wonderwaiter

kover22 Profile Photo
kover22
#14re: Ace of Cakes ('Hairspray Premiere')
Posted: 2/10/08 at 9:46pm

I love Ace of Cakes. They did know that there were no roaches in the movie but they added them to the cake as a tribute to the original.

I have RSD...but it doesn't have me!!!!

MerMaggieGalinda
#15re: Ace of Cakes ('Hairspray Premiere')
Posted: 2/10/08 at 9:59pm

I'm sorry-but what person in their right mind would put fake roaches on a cake? Don't they want people to eat it? I'm sorry, that's just disgusting.

Gobstopper Profile Photo
Gobstopper
#16re: Ace of Cakes ('Hairspray Premiere')
Posted: 2/10/08 at 10:35pm

I LOOOOVE Ace of Cakes. The best one they ever did was this King Kong cake for some kid's Bar Mitzvah.

I want to work there I tell ya.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#17re: Ace of Cakes ('Hairspray Premiere')
Posted: 2/10/08 at 11:00pm

I'm sorry-but what person in their right mind would put fake roaches on a cake?

You're assuming Duff Gordon in in his right mind.

I love Ace of Cakes. Their cartooniness is just their style. And if you look at their website, they have plenty of "regular" cakes that are more traditional just plain gorgeous.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

Holly Therese Profile Photo
Holly Therese
#18re: Ace of Cakes ('Hairspray Premiere')
Posted: 2/11/08 at 9:04am

That King Kong cake was was really cool too. I was reading on their website that their min. order on a cake is $500. I just cannot fathom spending that on a birthday cake.

"You know, with the right volume, Patti LuPone can make a car bounce, too...." -Wonderwaiter

romancegirl Profile Photo
romancegirl
#19re: Ace of Cakes ('Hairspray Premiere')
Posted: 2/11/08 at 10:40am

Yeah that "big wig" was John Waters.
They put the roaches on for him and if you saw the episode you can see that he loved them!

chemengrgal
#20re: Ace of Cakes ('Hairspray Premiere')
Posted: 2/11/08 at 2:12pm

I LOVE Ace of Cakes!!! Their cakes are amazing...although I can't imagine spending that much on a cake unless it was for a wedding. I do agree that the King Kong cake was fabulous, although my favorite was Hogwarts castle for the Harry Potter 5 premiere... that thing was crazy!!! Oh, and whoever said that Duff's staff doesn't know what they're doing and that we should watch Food Network challenges instead: Duff and his staff have competed in those challenges and won, so they obviously know what they're doing.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#21re: Ace of Cakes ('Hairspray Premiere')
Posted: 2/11/08 at 2:16pm

Don't forget this was the Baltimore Premiere.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"