Emmy Rossum as Ariel?

bwayfan45 Profile Photo
bwayfan45
#1Emmy Rossum as Ariel?
Posted: 2/29/08 at 5:12pm

I absolutely adore Sierra Boggess as Ariel. I think she is perfect for the part.

I was thinking after she leaves the show, who would replace her? I know that with Disney shows it doesnt really matter who replaces the originals or who they cast because the show will still make money because of tourists and fans. Everyonce in a while they cast someone well known for publicity. I think Emmy Rossum could be a great Ariel. Her and Sierra kind of look alike and have great soprano voices. Sometimes when I see Sierra she reminds me of Emmy.
They both, also played Christine in Phantom. Sierra in Las Vegas and Emmy in the film. I think she would make a great replacement.

Wherever we go, we rep our people and the beat goes...

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#2re: Emmy Rossum as Ariel?
Posted: 2/29/08 at 5:20pm

I'm not too familiar with Emmy Rossum..but I do not..her voice does not sounds like after 8 performances in one week............

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2re: Emmy Rossum as Ariel?
Posted: 2/29/08 at 5:26pm

No thanks/

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

RyToast1
#3re: Emmy Rossum as Ariel?
Posted: 2/29/08 at 5:37pm

Sorry, but no way!!!!

Tateh Profile Photo
Tateh
#4re: Emmy Rossum as Ariel?
Posted: 2/29/08 at 5:44pm

No, please, leave her in Hollywood, where we can^t hear her singing

Gingersnap2 Profile Photo
Gingersnap2
#5re: Emmy Rossum as Ariel?
Posted: 2/29/08 at 6:06pm

Both her singing and her acting in the Phantom film were pretty bad. And her debut album is overly-processed junk.

Juliash Profile Photo
Juliash
#6re: Emmy Rossum as Ariel?
Posted: 2/29/08 at 6:34pm

I don't like her.

I do not like her.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

*brina-doll* Profile Photo
*brina-doll*
#7re: Emmy Rossum as Ariel?
Posted: 2/29/08 at 6:45pm

She and the Ariel character share very similar body types, but that is about it.

Your aspirations are your possibilities-Samuel Johnson (and a little help from nomdeplume)

jwonjy119 Profile Photo
jwonjy119
#8re: Emmy Rossum as Ariel?
Posted: 2/29/08 at 6:48pm

No.

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#9re: Emmy Rossum as Ariel?
Posted: 2/29/08 at 6:53pm

I could see that!

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#10re: Emmy Rossum as Ariel?
Posted: 2/29/08 at 7:14pm

She doesn't have enough power in her voice or presence for the role. It would put the kids (and me) to sleep!

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#11re: Emmy Rossum as Ariel?
Posted: 2/29/08 at 9:19pm

I actually kind of liked Emmy Rossum in the film! But I could not see her as Ariel, or doing any show that would require her to do 8 performances a week.

Not Barker, Todd. Profile Photo
Not Barker, Todd.
#12re: Emmy Rossum as Ariel?
Posted: 2/29/08 at 9:24pm

Isn't she just a trifle old? I'm not sure she would look youthful enough.

PLEASE! Do not post anything negative or dramatic! DidYouReallyHearMe has LOST the ability to ignore such posts and he will comment! Please, help him.

With Clay Aiken in Spamalot, all of Broadway is singing a collective "There! Right! There!" -Me-

"Not Barker, Todd is the only person I've ever known who could imitate Katherine Hepburn...in print." -nmartin-

insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
#13re: Emmy Rossum as Ariel?
Posted: 2/29/08 at 9:29pm

She's younger than Sierra.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.

Not Barker, Todd. Profile Photo
Not Barker, Todd.
#14re: Emmy Rossum as Ariel?
Posted: 2/29/08 at 9:33pm

Oh wow, thought she was older than 21.

PLEASE! Do not post anything negative or dramatic! DidYouReallyHearMe has LOST the ability to ignore such posts and he will comment! Please, help him.

With Clay Aiken in Spamalot, all of Broadway is singing a collective "There! Right! There!" -Me-

"Not Barker, Todd is the only person I've ever known who could imitate Katherine Hepburn...in print." -nmartin-

insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
#15re: Emmy Rossum as Ariel?
Posted: 2/29/08 at 9:37pm

Emmy Rossum is 21 or 22. Sierra is 25.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.

nygrl23 Profile Photo
nygrl23
#16re: Emmy Rossum as Ariel?
Posted: 2/29/08 at 10:29pm

21=25. Actually 21=32. It's when you hit 33 and thereabouts that you tend to grow up a bit.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#17re: Emmy Rossum as Ariel?
Posted: 2/29/08 at 11:43pm

I doubt Sierra is going anywhere, she is a very wooden actress.

caitlinette Profile Photo
caitlinette
#18re: Emmy Rossum as Ariel?
Posted: 3/1/08 at 2:47pm

Sorry, but I think Emmy Rossum is very, very mediocre. I can't believe she gets so much attention when there are tons of girls out there who blow her out of the water. (I've heard many of them just on YouTube.)

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#19re: Emmy Rossum as Ariel?
Posted: 3/1/08 at 8:18pm

Aside from that fact that she is wrong for the role, why would Disney ever fork over the money it'll cost them to put her in the show when they can hire young actress making her Broadway debut that'll work for practically peanuts?

3allthatjazz
#20re: Emmy Rossum as Ariel?
Posted: 3/1/08 at 9:25pm

as much as i loved emmy in phantom, i like her voice but only when she's using her head voice
and her personality is way to serious to play someone like ariel, she's a good actor but i don't know if she could pull of the magic needed in the little mermaid for ariel's character

Aren't there girls going wild somewhere without you?

DefyGravity777
#21re: Emmy Rossum as Ariel?
Posted: 3/3/08 at 9:04am

I would like to see Megan McGinnis play Ariel after Sierra leaves. She has the perfect voice and look for it.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

dancingthrulife04
#22re: Emmy Rossum as Ariel?
Posted: 3/3/08 at 9:05am

Whoa, sorry.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler
Updated On: 3/3/08 at 09:05 AM

dancingthrulife04
#23re: Emmy Rossum as Ariel?

again

Updated On: 3/3/08 at 09:05 AM

dancingthrulife04
#24re: Emmy Rossum as Ariel?

Megan McGinnis would be a good Ariel.