pixeltracker

Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY (with stage door photos)- Page 2

Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY (with stage door photos)

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#25re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)
Posted: 3/23/08 at 7:50pm

I thought you were also seeing Cry-Baby this weekend.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

aliciag Profile Photo
aliciag
#26re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)
Posted: 3/23/08 at 7:51pm

It's always so great to read your reviews. I saw the show last Wednesday and had a great time. It was my first experience with Gypsy and I loved it. The cast is fabulous and "Gotta Get a Gimmick" had me rolling.

Have fun next weekend!!!

cannison101
#27re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)
Posted: 3/23/08 at 7:51pm

Great review! ..as Always. I have a question for Jay (or anybody). When kids are in a show, do they exit the stage door to their parents, a cab, limo, or walk home alone?

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#28re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)
Posted: 3/23/08 at 7:57pm

^^ I think theyre parents wait for them at the stage door. I did not see any cab or limo, everyone just walked home including Laura Benanti.

BTW- I mentioned to Laura that I am friends with divarobbie2 (Robbie Rosselle) and she was so nice and sweet to me..fyi- she loves gay guys!

Actually I was sitting next to the Mother of Little June's understudy...The mother was soo excited bec. this was her first time. Its so cute... she was singing to her that line from Let Me Entertain You while her daughter is performing and after she did that kick and split... the mother clapped right away and everyone followed her.. It was soo nice to sit next to a real Mama Rose! re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)

J*

Updated On: 3/23/08 at 07:57 PM

neddyfrank2
#29re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)
Posted: 3/23/08 at 7:59pm

It was soo nice to sit next to a real Mama Rose!

Oh god...

H.Higgins Profile Photo
H.Higgins
#30re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)
Posted: 3/23/08 at 8:09pm

So glad you loved it, Jay!

As always, thanks for posting your review and photos!

divarobbie2 Profile Photo
divarobbie2
#31re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)
Posted: 3/23/08 at 8:39pm

She does, indeed, love the gays.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#32re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)
Posted: 3/23/08 at 8:53pm

Thanks for a magnificently detailed review, Jay!

I'm so glad you loved the show!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#33re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)
Posted: 3/23/08 at 8:54pm

...I love how her lower jaw keeps moving when she sings a longer note...that was priceless to see that up close.

Did you get shivers up and down your spinal column?

PEACE.

neddyfrank2
#34re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)
Posted: 3/23/08 at 9:00pm

a. Overture

b. Tulsa's number All I Need is the Girl which I think was brilliant. He was dancing while the Orchestra was playing on the background.

c. Part of Rose Turn.

e. Curtain Call.

What happened to d?

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#35re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)
Posted: 3/23/08 at 9:08pm

Oh thanks neddy.. I did not even realize it... lol!

Dottie- We are seeing CRY-BABY next Saturday at 2 pm matinee then A CATERED AFFAIR at 8 pm with WBaF. I am still back & forth whether I should spend $54.00 or any amount on CRY-BABY..I am contemplating on seeing GYPSY again..lol! Who know's? FYI- I change my mind every 5 minutes on these things bec. there's two people involved and chris reads reviews on CB too! re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)

J*

Edit: I never bought any tix on those shows yet...

Updated On: 3/23/08 at 09:08 PM

Baiseur82 Profile Photo
Baiseur82
#36re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)
Posted: 3/23/08 at 9:21pm

Jay you always write the best reviews! Thanks for taking the time to write this. I am very excited I will be seeing this on Wednesday!

"I'd rater be nine peoples favorite thing, than a hundred peoples ninth favorite thing"

christhefish Profile Photo
christhefish
#37re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)
Posted: 3/23/08 at 9:24pm

Jay as always I love your reveiw, but still for some reason I have no desire to see this show.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#38re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)
Posted: 3/23/08 at 9:40pm

Thanks guys! re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)

I have the same feeling too after the run at City Center. Plus GYPSY being revived every soo often. I actually had a chance to discuss that with Norn (n69n) , WBaf, WaT and RyToast and they all said the same thing.. which are all positive things..so I changed my mind a bit on that..

I was really glad I saw the show.. Its not a PERFECT show but I fell in love with it again. I love everything about it. You know.. its like how I love Madonna..she's not the best singer in the world and I still buy all her CDs. I just like her for who she is...That's how I feel about the musical GYPSY!

I was on the fence with Miss Patti too...but after I saw her last Saturday..she won me over!

That's why I never call my reports -reviews at all bec. I am not a critic.. I just report it on how I see the show and how it affects me based on my upbringing, background and experiences..

J*

Updated On: 3/23/08 at 09:40 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
tgn915 Profile Photo
tgn915
#40re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)
Posted: 3/23/08 at 10:00pm

fabulous review as always, jay.
I really want to see this showww.

Call me Travis. :)

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#41re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)
Posted: 3/23/08 at 11:38pm

Im really happy you loved the show. I love reading your reviews. I saw patti back when she was in ravinia playing the role and am buying my ticket for august 30th next week when i get my pay check. I cant wait to see her in the defining role of her career!

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#42re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)
Posted: 3/24/08 at 12:11am

Jay, I love how much time and effort you put into your review threads.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#43re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)
Posted: 3/24/08 at 2:15am

Amy Poheler as Jay in next week's SNL sketch:

"I love it when the lower jaw moves...I have some pictures of a guy I used to date doing it, I will post them later. Gotta work out now...Today I am working out to 18 versions of Everything Comes up Rosie. My favorite is Lanie Kazan and Judy Tenuda versions besides Patti which I don't have a recording of yet but someday I will."

re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)

PEACE.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#44re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)
Posted: 3/24/08 at 7:39am

Oh Sue! That was hilarious!! I was laughing so hard this morning when I saw that..I am big fan of SNL! For the record.. I workout to Everything Coming Up Roses! lol! I love it! Its soo funny!

re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)

J*

Updated On: 3/24/08 at 07:39 AM

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#45re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)
Posted: 3/24/08 at 8:04am

Wonderful as always, j* re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)

Thank you!

What a nice way to start the week re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#46re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)
Posted: 3/24/08 at 8:48am

Wow. I always love your reviews. Great job, as always.

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#47re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)
Posted: 3/24/08 at 9:34pm

Well wrote Jay- agree w just bout evry thing u said!

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#48re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)
Posted: 3/24/08 at 10:33pm

When jaystarr writes a review, it's like you were there with him sharing in every moment from getting ready to leave to pre-show drinks to the curtain up to curtain down to the stage door and post-show antics.

it's a delightful review. :]
as always

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

musical_devotee Profile Photo
musical_devotee
#49re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos)
Posted: 3/25/08 at 1:48am

Thanks for this wonderful review, Jay. re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on LuPONE GYPSY Part 1 (with stage door photos) It really gives us who live in Europe something to regret since we are not able to see it.

Still, Patti said recently that she hopes she'll take the show to London next year, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.