pixeltracker

Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?- Page 4

Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?

Elphie3 Profile Photo
Elphie3
#75re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 11:57pm

CapnHook - Jane is played by the same girl who plays Wendy

Madame Morrible: "So you take the chicken, now it must be a white chicken. The corpse can be any color. And that is the spell for lost luggage!" - The Yellow Brick Road Not Taken

oohshizz146 Profile Photo
oohshizz146
#76re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/11/08 at 11:59pm

CapnHook - Jane is played by the same girl who plays Wendy

No...not always. I was Jane when I did it and someone else was Wendy.

"I told you, NO Rodgers and Hammerstein!"- Bart Simpson

cab832 Profile Photo
cab832
#77re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/12/08 at 12:01am

When I saw Wicked a few years ago William Youmans played Dr. Dillamond and Sean McCourt played the witch's father. But that was back in 2005 so they could have changed how they casted.

Would I rather be feared or loved? Um, easy. Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.- Michael Scott, The Office

musicaltheatrefan3 Profile Photo
musicaltheatrefan3
#78re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/12/08 at 12:08am

I think that The Phantom is on for more like a 1/2 hour, or 45 min. However, you are right. He is on for such little time for such recognition.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 5/12/08 at 12:10am

Updated On: 5/6/09 at 12:10 AM

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#80re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/12/08 at 12:52am

Jessica Cranshaw in Curtains comes to mind but im not sure if she doubles in the ensemble as well.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

misto625 Profile Photo
misto625
#81re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/12/08 at 12:47pm

^^^^^ Yes she does. Patty Goble plays another character called Connie. She even gets to sing at Jessica's funeral!

Dean: Can I tell you something? Lorraine: That depends on what it is. Dean: I think you're really really pretty. Lorraine: (after a pause) Ok, you can tell me that.

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#82re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/12/08 at 12:52pm

My dad did a production of The Tempest with me and played the ship's master. He had two lines -- the first and third line of the play, then he walked offstage. That be it.

Jon
#83re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/12/08 at 2:29pm

In the original production of the musical Peter pan, Jane was played by Mary Martin's daughter, Heather Halliday.

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#84re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/12/08 at 3:07pm

i say young tarzan in tarzan. i agree with nikki/nicolette as brooke but thats a role who the audience gravites towards and yes she is a a brunette wig and she said it in a interview, you can also see natalie(enid) too as a delta nu in the opening number like nikki. is stefanie nw that plays kate/chutney in the ensemble too like ben, christy, and david in wicked.
pilar,margot and sernea the pms girls have such a small of a role. the girls except for wendla in spring awakening, they should have wrote more on them.

DefyGravity777
#85re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/12/08 at 3:50pm

Related question: how do actors kill the hours they may have offstage?
-----------------------------------------------------

Think about what the standby's in Wicked have to go through. Katie Adams has only gone on a few times in like the past year if I'm not mistaken.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!
Updated On: 5/12/08 at 03:50 PM

Fiyero13
#86re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/12/08 at 3:54pm

good question

#87re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/12/08 at 8:52pm

One time I saw something about a standby keeping an X-Box backstage...

shiz_student94
#88re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/12/08 at 9:12pm

Well, if stand-bys don't count...
I agree with those who have mentioned Teen Angel in Grease. That is for sure the least amount of time I recall an actor on stage in a show I've seen. Less than 5 minutes...Wow. Stephen is very good, though!

"Sing 'till you're breaking glass or you're breaking down"

Eleah
#89re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/12/08 at 10:20pm

Madame Branislowski in Mame (actually most of the parts in Mame)

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#90re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/12/08 at 10:41pm

the cast of legally blonde joke around that nikki took a nap before act 2 and woke up about 8 mins before act 1 ends.
they prob go to the room where the whole cast can hangout or even watch offstage.
it depends on the actors what they want to do.

KQuill Profile Photo
KQuill
#91re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/12/08 at 11:14pm

The Phantom sings Angel of Music, Music of the Night, Stranger Than You Dreamt It, AIAOY Reprise, Wandering Child, Point of No Return, and huge chunks of the Finale.

So massofmen, take your Phantom hating somewhere else where facts won't get in the way of your argument.

insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
#92re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/12/08 at 11:38pm

I think the Young Frankenstein cast has Guitar Hero to help pass the time

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.

Radioactiveduck Profile Photo
Radioactiveduck
#93re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/13/08 at 4:45am

KQuill, you beat me to the punch. He doesn't have a whole of stage time, but the time he does have is INTENSE. Updated On: 5/13/08 at 04:45 AM

Sweeney Robb
#94re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/15/08 at 7:53pm

Um the role of Pop in We Will Rock You has a pretty small part...
hes on at right at the begining then isnt on again till right at the end.

DefyGravity777
#95re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/15/08 at 8:12pm

Young Eponine has a small part for the kids. Dr. Dillamond's part is small too and I've never seen Steven Skybell in the ensemble either. He's not even listed as an ensemble member.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#96re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/15/08 at 10:12pm

A general note: actors who play very small roles in straight plays (i.e. the Nazis who come in at the end of "The Diary of Anne Frank," as someone mentioned) usually understudy larger roles as well. However, sometimes they don't. And although I hate to say it, this is part of the reason why actors don't make a lot of money for their work. But when you're working on Broadway, you're still gonna make a sh*tload of money even if you're onstage for only five minutes because of those beautiful Equity minimum wages re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#97re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/15/08 at 11:09pm

the fact that the Phantom has such little stage time reminded me that I read something about how little screen time Anthony Hopkins has in The Silence of the Lambs. he's only in the movie for just over 16 minutes, yet he won an Oscar for Leading Actor. and it's still the record for shortest amount of screentime for someone who won a Leading Actor Oscar.

so would Michael Crawford hold the record for shortest amount of stage time with a Best Actor Tony for a role?

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

puppetman2
#98re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/16/08 at 12:17am

Tom - the boy in the last scene of Camelot

The New Guy at the end of AVE Q (it is a new puppet character)

Sort of actor - Pelinor's dog "Horrid" in Camelot

It Sucks To Be Me

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#99re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
Posted: 5/16/08 at 12:34am

I played the role of the Street Singer in the CT Rep production of The Threepenny Opera.

I had the privilege of singing "Mack the Knife" at the beginning (and end) of the show, and appearing periodically throughout. All in all, probably 6-7 minutes of stage time.

Great, memorable role. Minimal rehearsal time. Sweet deal. Updated On: 5/16/08 at 12:34 AM