pixeltracker

First show you saw alone..- Page 2

First show you saw alone..

DRSLOL776 Profile Photo
DRSLOL776
#26re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 2:40pm

Gypsy with Bernadette Peters.

She was excellent, but I did not like the show.

theatrespaz
#27re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 2:43pm

I very rarely go alone to the theatre, so my first experience alone was very recent. I was at the APAP conference in NY and decided to see Come Back, Little Sheba by myself. I rushed and got 3rd row center.

BillyE
#28re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 2:50pm

Thoroughly Modern Millie
It was my 4th of 7 times seeing that show. Wish I could have been there more.

LifeofTheParty2 Profile Photo
LifeofTheParty2
#29re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 2:50pm

I had a summer of a LOT of theatre alone...I can't remember if the first was Wicked or Altar Boyz....probably Altar Boyz. And that was funny because I asked the women next to me if I could switch and sit on the aisle (sprained knee), and ended up getting pulled onstage for "Something About You" and everyone then assumed I was a part of the show since I was there alone.

Edited because I seriously cannot spell Updated On: 6/11/08 at 02:50 PM

AudrasBoi Profile Photo
AudrasBoi
#30re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 2:53pm

Wow this question really hurts my brain. lol. I would have to guess that my first time going it alone at a show would be The Life. My mother was supposed to go with me but, she ended up going to see something else with my dad. I remeber getting a really crappy seat in the rear but as I waited for the show to begin me and others up in the heavens were asked to move down. I ended up 8th row center on the isle. I had a blast, and sometimes going it alone can really be great.

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#31re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 2:57pm

I go alone a lot...I'm usually in the city by myself for breaks during school and such. It's hard to remember but I think maybe Light in the Piazza might have been one of the first. For me it's actually an exciting rarity when someone sees a Broadway show with me.

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#32re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 3:08pm

In The Heights on April 5th of this year.

I made the mistake of taking my two best friends on my trip NYC for my birthday, they went to Phantom instead of In The Heights because Phantom was waaaaay better cause they liked the movie and it was the best thing on Broadway right now. And when we went to RENT later on, one fell asleep, the other was constantly commenting how ugly the set and costumes were, and that none of them could sing and they all were ugly. And also she said the songs were terrible. So I now love going alone, there is nobody to ruin my experience expect for my myself. Sorry for the rant.

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.
Updated On: 6/11/08 at 03:08 PM

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#33re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 3:09pm

Spamalot

My next one will be 'In the Heights.'

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Rigazzi2 Profile Photo
Rigazzi2
#34re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 3:30pm

My first show on Broadway that I caught by myself was SWEENEY TODD, I think... either that or DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS. I think it was SWEENEY, though...

I did, however, see the touring production of Miss Saigon by myself nearly ten years ago in San Francisco...

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#35re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 3:35pm

the first was "The Tale of the Allergist's Wife"

the second was "Young Frankenstein".

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."

DrMark Profile Photo
DrMark
#36re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 3:45pm

"Cabaret" at Studio 54. It was also the first show I saw on Broadway (but not my first Broadway show). It was a magical experience. I was absolutely blown away.

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#37re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 3:50pm

First time I went to NY I saw two shows with my dad (Q and DRS) and then saw Lestat and Sweeney myself.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

Ed_Mottershead
#38re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 3:52pm

My family took me to NYC on a regular basis since the mid-50's. By 1960 or thereabouts, they'd let me see a show on my own (I THINK it was a mystery called Write Me a Murder with Kim Hunter); part of my 16th birthday present was permission to go to NYC alone, on which date I saw Tchin-Tchin (with Anthony Quinn and Margaret Leighton). As a result, it never bothered me to go by myself, and, truth to tell, I prefer it that way to this date. The social part comes after.

BroadwayEd

fnyboi88 Profile Photo
fnyboi88
#39re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 4:02pm

Beauty and the Beast

Broadway Shows I've Seen: Hairspray, Chicago, Little Shop of Horrors (2003), The Wedding Singer, Spamalot, Riverdance, Rent, Beauty and the Beast, Spring Awakening, Wicked, Legally Blonde, Phantom of the Opera, Sweet Charity (revival), Drowsy Chaperone, The Lion King, Dreamgirls(2010 Tour).

misschung
#40re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 4:08pm

I just answered on the twin thread, oops.

Mine was the Company revival as well - apropos and ironic.

Lavieboheme, I see movies alone, just not often. But that has more to do with the fact that there are fewer and fewer movies that I'm willing to pay $10+ to see in the theater.

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

The Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
#41re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 4:12pm

When I was 16-17 I would see most shows by myself, no one to go with, or they didn't want to pay, etc. Now I get 2 tix and take someone with me (preferably someone cutere: First show you saw alone..). I can't remember the first one...

9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State
Updated On: 6/11/08 at 04:12 PM

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#42re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 4:29pm

'Sunday In The Park With George'. re: First show you saw alone..

I see the vast majority of things on my own. I go to way too many shows to manage to get company to all of them, and organising more people than just myself is a pain in the backside. I've got six shows coming this month, and I'm only seeing one of them with another person. ^_^

Hiram
#43re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 4:43pm

I was sixteen. I saw the great, late Cliff Gorman in LENNY.

saulssweetie
#44re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 4:47pm

I'm about to see Hamlet alone. ;_;

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#45re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 5:24pm

Saulssweetie, please know that if they had invented trans-Atlantic instant teleportation, I would SO come with you. re: First show you saw alone..

StarUsher Profile Photo
StarUsher
#46re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 5:24pm

I go by myself all the time now too. I thought I was crazy for preferring it that way. The first time was Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. No one else I knew had the money or wanted to see it so I went myself. I did end up going with someone to the closing performance of Company and I almost wish I hadn't. I think I would have been able to appreciate it more if I didn't have my friend going on and on about the creep she was seeing, before the show, during intermission and after.

luceecool
#48re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 5:34pm

The Viewing Room (play), Marguerite (musical), I've been going alone increasingly more this year as I review shows for our Uni paper and most press offices will only give us one ticket as we're a lowly (20000 demographic!) student newspaper re: First show you saw alone..

ExceedinglyPeculiar2 Profile Photo
ExceedinglyPeculiar2
#49re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 5:38pm

tobiasragg-I agree, and nobody to add commentary DURING the performance.

"My understanding is that he is leaving show business to pursue a career as a thermometer." -- David Mamet on Jeremy Piven's early departure from the cast of Broadway's 'Speed-the-Plow'

gonepishing
#50re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 6:30pm

A local production of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." If you mean a professional show, I've never seen one by myself.

SgtDonut Profile Photo
SgtDonut
#51re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 6:35pm

Never. My family doesn't trust me in Downtown Chicago/The Whole Manhattan Island. I would sneak in to so many shows in New York or who knows what in Chicago!

The Best Thing Right Now: Hair Revival!

Videos