Rate Whoopi!!!!!

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#50re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 1:57am

Man I missed it. I was watching the pre-show on NY1.

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#51re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 2:02am

she wasn't THAT amazing...

I completely forgot that she was hosting it and except for the POPPINS bit, the other little inserts were so obnoxious.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#52re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 2:05am

The ACL thing was hilarious.

EvanK Profile Photo
EvanK
#53re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 2:07am

infinity/10

She was amazing! I love her and the show tonight because of her!

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#54re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 2:11am

she was fantastic. Her SA video had me rolling.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

Harpo Profile Photo
Harpo
#55re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 2:12am

Gotham-
The Clarence Thomas (un) reference was one of my favorite parts of the show! I also give her 20 out of 10 :p

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#56re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 2:17am

I guess I'm in the minority because I found her obnoxious. 1/10.

COOOOLkid
#57re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 2:28am

I wasn't THAT impressed by Julie White/Michael Cerveris.

However, I loved Whoopi!

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

crushgroove
#58re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 2:40am

I find her kind of stale...Whoopi just isn't edgy anymore. And she should fire her stylist. Why did she look like a Harlequin clown in that frilly white silk shirt?

A Director
#59re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 2:49am

I'd give her a 1. She is stale. The person or persons who dressed her should be fired. Except for Whoopi and Liza, everyone else looked great. I guess the one thing in her favor is that she isn't Rosie.

At one time, the Tony Awards was the only award show with class; not anymore.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#60re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 3:18am

Did anyone else notice how easily Whoopi was able to execute the "choreography" in Spring Awakening?

StageFan2 Profile Photo
StageFan2
#61re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 7:58am

I thought she was the best in years. Hopefully we'll see her next year. I adored the sentiment with which she closed the show. Heartfelt words said with grace, appreciation, and class. Way to go Whoopi! re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!

Mattbrain
#62re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 9:08am

How are they gonna follow that up next year?

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

SirNotAppearing Profile Photo
SirNotAppearing
#63re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 9:16am

CatsNY: I actually heard she had to take weeks of classes to learn how to properly jump up and down and feel herself up.

SheepyFuzz Profile Photo
SheepyFuzz
#64re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 9:19am

I thought she was hilarious!

violet72 Profile Photo
violet72
#65re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 9:24am

They need to sign her for next year. I loved when she was summarizing the best new plays(a house full of white people, he drinks cause he is irish), the mary poppins skit was hilarious as was the Phantom of the Opera

Julie White and Michael Cerveris were good too. I loved the line at the end about if you have a cell phone please turn it off if you have a beeper you need to get a cell phone cause people are starting to talk

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life. Define yourself"

Chrysanthemum62001
#66re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 9:24am

I loved the line where she said she was higher than the mama from Osage County.

Brilliant. I loved it.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#67re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 9:52am

I was there last night and though Whoopi did a brilliant job hosting. The bits from Mermaid, Mary Poppins, A Chorus Line, Spring Awakening, Phantom, Spamalot, etc were all hilarious. The best thing about her is that there was NOTHING she would not do. It is clear that she loves the theater and it was a joy to see her up on that stage. I watched it back on TV when I got home and this was, by far, the best Tony Awards broadcast that I can remember (I've been watching since 1995). I hope she comes back next year to host. 10/10!

iluvtheatertrash
#68re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 10:03am

Agreed. Best since Rosie, 10 out of 10.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#69re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 10:05am

3/10
I did not think she was funny, and I was very much let down by this Tony's.

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#70re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 10:09am

10/10. Really enjoyed her a lot!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

theminutepast
#71re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 10:23am

Oh my god, I want to shoot myself. This is a bad dream. Seriously everyone else liked her? I repeatedly apologized to my boyfriend that we both had to sit through her tired schticks. She just wasn't funny to me.

gypsy4
#73re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 10:52am

I didn't like her outfit that much.

dented146 Profile Photo
dented146
#74re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 10:59am

She was great. Moreover, the entire show was far more entertaining and was an excellent promotion for Broadway.

kate2
#75re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 10:59am

Her outfit was atrocious, but she was HILARIOUS!