pixeltracker

What's the most number of times you've seen one show?- Page 4

What's the most number of times you've seen one show?

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#75re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 1:30pm

GatorNY, The reason why I say I am not proud of going to Rent so many times is this. That when theatre fans hear that I saw Rent as often as I did, they would assume that not only did I see it a bunch of times. But, that I MUST be a crazy fanboy. I can tell you I wasn't. Even though I went a bunch of times, the fanboy and fangirl attitude was and still is something that makes me want to vomit.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#76re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 1:31pm

Winston wants you to know that he used to be a RENThead but he's all right now.

You're right though, there's a reason we go back to things, and there's no reason to feel shame either. I may not be a massive RENThead anymore either, but I'm still happy and proud that my very first Broadway show was 'RENT'.

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#77re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 1:38pm

Chess (Music Circus & Other Places) 12 Times
Les Miserables 5 times
Cats 9 Times
Chicago 5 Times
Rent 5 Times

and countless shows two or three times....

Grand Hotel, Aspects of Love, Joseph & The Amazing Technicolored Dreamcoat, Blood Brothers, Evita, Into the Woods, Sunday in the Park with George and 20-30 others when I worked for a theater and would see parts of them over and over... like my friend's version of Who Are You Now? from Funny Girl.

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#78re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 1:50pm

I guess I'm one of those obsessive people who sees the same shows many times. I love seeing understudies and replacement casts. I had hoped one of the people who had seen RENT 150 times in the past year would have posted before me but I've seen it about 60 times since 2001.

I've only been seeing shows regularly for about 2 years and I try to see everything new I can but I love bringing people to shows that I have seen and loved. I have seen Spelling Bee, ACL, Passing Strange, ItH, Xanadu, Spring Awakening, Hairspray, Legally Blonde and Altar Boyz multiple times.

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#79re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 2:04pm

I easily saw Curtains 100 times.

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#80re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 2:10pm

I saw Spelling Bee 6 times.

Jade Profile Photo
Jade
#81re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 2:12pm

Rent 37 times (over a period of 10 years): 9 West End, 15 UK Tour, 9 Broadway and 4 Rent Remixed

turquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
#82re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 2:26pm

Wicked 14 times
Joseph 5 times
Spamalot, Avenue Q, Les Miserables, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Lord of the Rings 4 times
And loads of others 3 times or less.

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#83re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 2:45pm

Rent - 72 (73 closing night)

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#84re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 2:51pm

Do you all have to keep a tally once you get over ten times? It's hard for me to recall each time...I usually have to think of who I saw a particular show with or which theater or city I was in when I saw the show. After 5 or six times, it gets hard to remember, especially over 10 years or so like with RENT.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#85re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 2:51pm

LES MIZ- 15
PHANTOM- 13 (Once in London, once on tour, the rest in NYC)
INTO THE WOODS- 6
THE PRODUCERS- 5
MOVIN' OUT- 5
SPAMALOT- 3

Many shows twice

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#86re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 2:53pm

1. Spring Awakening, 29. Don't wanna go back, though. New cast was not very good.
2. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, 29. 5 Broadway, 2 Tour.
3. Legally Blonde, 6.
4. The Wedding Singer, 6. 5 Broadway, 1 Tour.
5. A Chorus Line, 5.
6. Gypsy, 4. 3 Patti, 1 Bernadette.
7. Xanadu, 3.
8. Beauty and the Beast, 3. 2 Broadway, 1 London.
9. Rent, 3.
10. Spelling Bee, 3.
12. Curtains, 3.
13. Wicked, 3.

And a lot of shows I've seen twice.

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#87re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 2:56pm

Blood Brothers - 5 times
Avenue Q - 4 times

Then seen some like Hairspray,Producers, Joseph and Wicked twice

BroadwaynSeventh2 Profile Photo
BroadwaynSeventh2
#88re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 3:05pm

Wicked- 21 but that is including tour and Chicago

[Title of Show] since its been on bway- 10

crc03772 Profile Photo
crc03772
#89re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 3:14pm

Sweeney Todd-5 times
Rent-3 times
Phantom of the Opera-3 times
Urinetown-3 times

UglyBetty Profile Photo
UglyBetty
#90re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 3:29pm

I've seen RENT 173 Times- it will have be 174 on Closing night. Going to be rather emotional. RENT isnt what it used to be- that's for sure. The line was 1/2 the experience- which you certainly don't get from the lotto.

I've seen a few other shows a handfull of times- Hairspray 5 or 6 times, but the only thing that comes close to rent is the Off-Broadway production of Bare which I saw 14 times.

Martini
#91re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 3:31pm

once. Shows are a lotta money bro.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#92re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 5:50pm

Gator: I've kept a scrapbook since July '06 so I can guarantee total accuracy with regards to everything I've seen since then. Amount of times seen, productions, cast, cost of ticket, everything. It's just everything I went to see beforehand that's sunk into the ether. Mostly productions of 'Blood Brothers' and 'Joseph' though, so I don't miss them too much. :3

Don't know about everyone else though. Maybe they blog it. I've often thought how useful my blog will one day be if I'm ever arrested and asked "where were you on the night of October 26th 2007?". "Gosh, officer, I was in the Courtyard Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon, row E, seat 18, stalls. 'Henry V', and it was SMASHING. So whoever did that murder, wasn't me. re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show? "

bestinshow2 Profile Photo
bestinshow2
#93re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 6:17pm

Tom Stoppard's "Rock 'n' Roll" 15x (8x at The Royal Court/London, 2x Duke of York/London, 5x Jabobs/Broadway).

The Homecoming at The Cort 9x

"My name's Lenny. What's yours?"

jagfkb
#94re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 6:20pm

Legally Blonde (6): 3 times on Broadway, 2 times on MTV, 1 time in San Francisco

Beauty & the Beast (5): 2 times at the Palace, 2 times in the Lunt Fontanne, 1 time at the Surflight in LBI

The Drowsy Chaperone (4): All on Broadway, with the last two in December. Saw every replacement/ original cast member EXCEPT Edward Hibbert

Hair (4): Worked backstage, but still saw every performance at our High School from the wings.

The Will Rogers Follies (4): Surflight Theatre, all in the same Week, with John Davidson

Gypsy (3): Once with Patti's Production, Twice with Bernadette's Production.

The Fantasticks (3): Our Youth Theatre produced the show with four different casts. El Gallo in one, watched all of the other performances.

Mary Poppins (3): All on Broadway, including First Preview, 200th Performance, and Frist Kid's Night on Broadway Performance

The Phantom of the Opera (3): All on Broadway, always sat in Row B of the Mezzanine.

Wicked (3): All on Broadway, once during previews

Young Frankenstein (3): All on Broadway, once during early previews. Seen EVERY replacement/ original cast member thus far. Sat on every level of the Theatre for either one or both acts (3 acts Orchestra, 1 act in Dress Circle, 2 acts in Balcony).

jane915 Profile Photo
jane915
#95re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 8:10pm

hairspray - 8 times
the wedding singer - 4 times
42nd street - 4 times
rent - 4 times
gypsy (patti lupone revival) - 4 times
cry-baby - 3 times
the drowsy chaperone - 3 times
thoroughly modern millie - 3 times (once on broadway, twice on tour)

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#96re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 8:28pm

Sweeney Todd- 5(3 Broadway (Including closing night), 1 Boston, 1 Denver)
Passing Strange- 4 (Including closing night)
The Producers- 3 (Including closing night)
Mauritius- 3 (Including closing night)
Drowsy Chaperone- 3
2: Seafarer, Company, Is He Dead?, Martin Short:Fame Becomes Me, Phantom of the Opera, Chicago, Young Frankenstein, Curtains, November, August: Osage County

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#97re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 10:58pm

I have seen Wicked 3 times, all in Chicago. The first time we missed the first ten minutes or so cause there was a freakin PARADE in the city, and we couldn't sit down until after The Wizard and I, so I went back a second time. The third time was because the Show Choir I choreograph for took a trip to see it, and I was asked to go. Since it was free, of course I went again.

Other than that, I don't generally see things more than once, tickets are pricey! Unless you count shows I've seen bootleg versions of...then...:O)

Elphabatize Profile Photo
Elphabatize
#98re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/26/08 at 11:01pm

3 times
Wicked (tour x2, Broadway x1)
Saved

2 times
Xanadu
[title of show] (that number will definitely go up)

Take advantage of ruses/lottos people!!

thereisnofuture Profile Photo
thereisnofuture
#99re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
Posted: 8/27/08 at 12:21am

RENT-6

Spring Awakening-5

Videos