9 to 5 song list and order!

camach1
#19 to 5 song list and order!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 2:32am

They have the program up on the ahmanson website :)

Musical Numbers
Act One
“9 to 5”......Violet, Doralee, Dwayne, Judy and Ensemble
“Around Here”....... Violet and Ensemble
“Here For You”............. Hart
“Out of Control”............. Judy
“Tattletales”..............Kathy, Violet, Judy and Ensemble
“9 to 5” - Reprise..... Judy, Violet, Doralee and Ensemble
“The One I Love”............ Doralee, Judy, Violet, Josh, Dwayne
“Backwoods Barbie”............. Doralee
“Dance O’ Death”............. Judy, Hart and Ensemble
“Cowgirl’s Revenge”................Doralee, Hart and Ensemble
“Potion Notion”.............Violet, Hart and Ensemble
“Heart to Hart”........................ Roz and Ensemble
“I Killed the Boss!”...... Violet, Judy, Doralee and Ensemble
“Shine Like the Sun”.......... Doralee, Judy, Violet
Act Two
Entr’acte....................Orchestra
“Around Here” - Reprise..... Violet, Judy, Doralee and Ensemble
“One of the Boys”..............Violet and Boys
“5 to 9”...................Roz
“Mundania”.................... Hart
“Willin’” / “Well-Oiled Machine”......... Doralee and Ensemble
“Get Out And Stay Out”.................. Judy
“Let Love Grow”........................ Joe, Violet
“Mundania” - Reprise............. Hart
Finale - “9 to 5”............. The Company

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#2re: 9 to 5 song list and order!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 4:54am

I love "Around Here", I think once it gets a full staging it will be a brillant opening number.

Heart to hart I can't wait to see what they do with this song, Tattletales will grow on me

Backwood Barbie is pure Dolly

Shine Like The Sun, Will send the punters out to intermission on high

Let Love Grow and Get out, not bad

Looking forward to hearing the full cast recording when it's released

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian
Updated On: 9/5/08 at 04:54 AM

it'sjustshowbiz Profile Photo
it'sjustshowbiz
#2re: 9 to 5 song list and order!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 8:46am

^
Punters or "punners"?

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#3re: 9 to 5 song list and order!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 6:03pm

Thanks for posting that the program was online! I love the picture of them all around the piano.
re: 9 to 5 song list and order!
Updated On: 9/5/08 at 06:03 PM

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#4re: 9 to 5 song list and order!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 8:04pm

Punters...Australian slang for audience.

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

notyourmomma
#5re: 9 to 5 song list and order!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 8:32pm

Stephen Oremus is so studly.

stupidbeans
#6re: 9 to 5 song list and order!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 8:34pm

I was worried 9 to 5 would appear 5 million times, but it looks like it isn't going to which takes a load off my chest

"And We Have A Shepherd's Pie Peppered With Actual Shepherd On Top" - Mrs. Lovett, Sweeney Todd

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#7re: 9 to 5 song list and order!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 9:20pm

"Get Out and Stay Out" totally fits Stephanie's voice. And I agree, "Shine Like the Sun" will be an amazing Act One finale.

::bust a move::

TheatreFreak05 Profile Photo
TheatreFreak05
#8re: 9 to 5 song list and order!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 9:22pm

I'm really starting to love "Get Out and Stay Out".

soon2bstar Profile Photo
soon2bstar
#9re: 9 to 5 song list and order!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 11:30pm

have you guys heard the songs or seen the lyrics because if you have can you tell me where

Gary Indiana
#10re: 9 to 5 song list and order!
Posted: 9/6/08 at 1:10am

soon2bstar - I don't know if there's a demo or anyway to hear the musical theater version of these songs, but they're all Dolly Parton songs, so if you want to hear them you can find them on itunes or probably youtube. You can also find lyrics to any of the songs through google.
Updated On: 9/6/08 at 01:10 AM

Yero
#11re: 9 to 5 song list and order!
Posted: 9/6/08 at 9:38am

That's not true. They are all Dolly Parton songs, but they are completely original for this musical. You won't find them anywhere else.

"I have this mental image of Patti barreling down the street and pushing tourists out of her way." -colleen_lee

Gary Indiana
#12re: 9 to 5 song list and order!
Posted: 9/6/08 at 11:33am

Yero - Wow...I definitely didn't realize that, but I'm actually starting to look forward to this musical now.

Yero
#13re: 9 to 5 song list and order!
Posted: 9/6/08 at 12:29pm

It's okay! I just figured I'd point that out. I'm really looking forward to it too. :)

"I have this mental image of Patti barreling down the street and pushing tourists out of her way." -colleen_lee

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#14re: 9 to 5 song list and order!
Posted: 9/9/08 at 2:18pm

Gary, there is a video around (Either here or on B'way.com I think) where she talks about writing the songs and when they wanted something else, she would just go and write it.

notyourmomma, I have had a secret little crush on Oremus.

Just give the world Love.

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#18re: 9 to 5 song list and order!
Posted: 9/10/08 at 11:43am

I didn't get to read the thread. Would you mind paraphrasing the general consensus from the people who went?

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#19re: 9 to 5 song list and order!
Posted: 9/10/08 at 12:07pm

I was too sleepy to write more or put up with the shenanigans.

SPOILERS GAYLORE!

First off, Dolly was there and gave a little speech at the onset. Place was fairly crowded and went bonkers. It was so great to see the love for such a talented and sweet lady. Very cool opening "9 to 5" , well staged and cleverly choreographed. Entrance applause everywhere (even for Ann Harada). You can see why they postponed due to technical issues. The sets were pretty amazing, very involved, big set pieces rising up and down out of the floors, and a huge video screen with appropriate images (much like what they did in the revival of H2$).

The 3 leading ladies embodied their characters wonderfully, calling to mind Jane, Lilly and Dolly. Megan especially sounded and bounced around just like Ms. Parton and the audience responded in kind. Stephanie J. Block is really a gifted actress and layered her performance with sympathy and humor. Allison J did a great job for what I believe might be her first singing role on the stage (or at least biggest?). Strong chorus work by all. Musically the show has some wonderful moments, and a few weaker songs, things to be fixed and tightened. I'm not a huge Kudisch fan and thought he was a bit low key and bland, and frankly, not a great singer. Could have had an off night.

Everything went quite well technically until about 5 minutes before the end of the act. They stopped the show and Dolly got back on the mic and told stories and sang a few songs to keep us entertained. THAT WAS A THRILL. The act finally came to an end without further troubles.

OVERALL: People were so into the story, loved hearing their favorite lines from the film come to life and especially how much Hilty was channeling Dolly. Judy (Steph) has the biggest character arc so her journey is the most fun to watch. Musically, the tone is a cross between Whorehouse, Scoundrels and traditional Broadway. It's by far not totally country, which is a good thing, as it will have a broader appeal. The story is basically the movie story, so there is no real surprise at the end, and frankly makes for a soft finale. I think a rousing dance number to the title song might give us a bigger lift at the end. I had an enjoyable time and so did the house, very supportive and encouraging. I hope that Kudisch punches it up more, sells his songs more and they tighten up the book a bit. At it's core, "9 to 5" has a sweetness and heart that is perfectly Parton.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#20re: 9 to 5 song list and order!
Posted: 9/10/08 at 12:13pm

Yup... this is NOT a Dolly Parton jukebox musical (featuring songs from her vast catalogue of songs). All of the music in 9 TO 5: The Musical is all original and written by Dolly Parton. Period. re: 9 to 5 song list and order!

Seems lots of people were expecting another JERSEY BOYS, ALL SHOOK UP or MAMMA MIA!.

LuvUrBatBoy Profile Photo
LuvUrBatBoy
#21re: 9 to 5 song list and order!
Posted: 9/10/08 at 12:24pm

Not to nitpick or anything, but the song "Backwoods Barbie" is on Dolly's last album also called "Backwoods Barbie". While she may have written it with the show in mind, it was definitely released on the album a year ago.

Yes that's me. No, it's not a Rent homage.

MungoGypsy8232
#22re: 9 to 5 song list and order!
Posted: 9/10/08 at 1:10pm

Can someone post a cast and understudy list?

Shirley Hemphill Profile Photo
Shirley Hemphill
#23re: 9 to 5 song list and order!
Posted: 9/10/08 at 4:12pm

I cannot believe there's not an "Atta Girl" number!?!??!