pixeltracker

Shoshana returning to Wicked?...

Shoshana returning to Wicked?...

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/15/08 at 8:44pm

From wiki.....it says Shoshana Bean will return to the role of Elphaba on May 16, 2009...I KNOW its wikipedia...but past postings have been accurate....is there any truth to this...?..i missed Shoshana the first time she did Elphi...I would love to see her in the role

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#2re: Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/15/08 at 8:46pm

I wrote that to see what would happen....

Didn't take long.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

feline0favenueQ Profile Photo
feline0favenueQ
#2re: Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/15/08 at 8:47pm

No. It will never happen again.

Sorry. I wish it would.

WishingOnlyWounds2
#3re: Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/15/08 at 8:48pm

TheatreDiva, don't joke like that.

Steven, shame on you for not realizing Nicole Parker was contracted for 6 months with how much buzz it got on this site.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot
Updated On: 12/15/08 at 08:48 PM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#4re: Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/15/08 at 9:03pm

Is there any other show that recycles cast members so often?

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

feline0favenueQ Profile Photo
feline0favenueQ
#5re: Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/15/08 at 9:07pm

RENT.

dg22894
#6re: Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/15/08 at 9:09pm

I wish she would come back

Ole Chum
#7re: Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/15/08 at 9:09pm

theaterdiva desperately needs something better to do with his/her time.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#8re: Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/15/08 at 9:31pm

Please, OC,

Like I really did that...

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#9re: Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/15/08 at 9:31pm

No.

She's said repeatedly she has no interest in returning to the show.

husk_charmer
#10re: Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/15/08 at 9:45pm

Which, IMHO is a *good* thing. She was...beyond awful. And I saw her live.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#11re: Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/15/08 at 9:46pm

Worst Elphaba Ever

yeah
#12re: Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/15/08 at 10:17pm

I'm not a fan of her interpretation; however, she's got some wonderful vocals. Not sure it's right for musical theatre, but, she's not bad to listen to.

BroomstickBoy Profile Photo
BroomstickBoy
#13re: Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/15/08 at 11:28pm

Worst Elphaba ever. I could give a damn about her training, voice, where she went to school or legit voice and whatnot, her performance was terrible.

She's not an Elphaba. Keep her away.

I don't WANT to live in what they call "a certain way." In the first place I'd be no good at it and besides that I don't want to be identified with any one class of people. I want to live every whichway, among all kinds---and know them---and understand them---and love them---THAT's what I want! - Philip Barry (Holiday)

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#14re: Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/15/08 at 11:29pm

I wrote that to see what would happen....

Didn't take long.

HAHAHA! Awesome. You rule.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

TimeSquare3 Profile Photo
TimeSquare3
#15re: Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/15/08 at 11:30pm

But guys, Wikipedia said it. It MUST be true.

<<-- Help save Terminator: SCC
"The gay one?" -- Marissa Jaret Winokur on the Jonas Brothers.

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#16re: Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/16/08 at 12:53am

I had forgotten just how bad I thought Shoshana was in the role until I attended the 5 Year Anniversary Benefit "The Yellow Brick Road Not Taken." I was quickly reminded...

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"
Updated On: 12/16/08 at 12:53 AM

EvanK Profile Photo
EvanK
#17re: Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/16/08 at 1:44am

I saw her on the tour and was blown away. To each their own.

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#18re: Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/16/08 at 11:42am

I must agree with BroomstickBoy and BobbyBubby.

The worst!

PiraguaGuy2
#19re: Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/16/08 at 12:07pm

She wasn't the WORST, but she was pretty bad. Although, you gotta give the girl some credit for her "Gravity" riffs. (Come to think of it, she riffs WAY too much)

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

ShoshanaismyElphie
#20re: Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/16/08 at 8:15pm

Shoshana is the only Elphaba I've seen live and I loved her. She's incredible. I have seen a bootleg of Idina in the role and while I love her I didn't like her as Elphaba. I have a bootleg of Shoshana's last and it makes me cry everytime because she's so amazing. Everyone has their own favourites.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#21re: Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/16/08 at 8:22pm

LOL. I do not know what is funny. That you're gloating about your bootlegs. Or that you cry to a Shoshana bootleg.

TimeSquare3
#22re: Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/16/08 at 8:26pm

Awhhhhhh is Brody Jr. Crying is better than "something" else she could be doing to it.

Updated On: 12/16/08 at 08:26 PM

#23re: Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/16/08 at 8:30pm

wicked in closing in chicago, and west end is ending sept. next year, are sales really that down? I thought it was better then that...

TimeSquare3
#24re: Shoshana returning to Wicked?...
Posted: 12/16/08 at 8:40pm

Wicked Chicago isn't closing for Eco reasons. I haven't heard anything about London so I don't believe that.

Videos