pixeltracker

Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR

Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#1Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/1/09 at 5:18pm

as Sheila.
Previews Begin March 6; Richards & Frankel Join As Producers Updated On: 1/1/09 at 05:18 PM

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#2re: Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/1/09 at 5:39pm

While I was initially very excited about this, reading the changed preview date bothers me immensely. If I already have a ticket for an earlier date, what should I do? I won't be there for the new date, so I'm assuming I have to get a refund.

Parks
#2re: Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/1/09 at 5:40pm

You can get a refund.

Interesting casting?

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

rjjn Profile Photo
rjjn
#3re: Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/1/09 at 5:45pm

Well, this adds back some star power after the removal of Jonathan Groff.

"Rather than ignore those who choose to publish their opinions without actually talking to me, I am happy to dispel any rumors or misconceptions and am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest and feel most fortunate to be working with wonderful people in the business I love." -Neil Patrick Harris

Yankeefan007
#4re: Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/1/09 at 5:49pm

Who adds star power?

ashley0139
#5re: Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/1/09 at 5:51pm

Oooh exciting. She will be great.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#6re: Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/1/09 at 5:56pm

Eeek. So is Eden Espinosa now the go-to girl for rock/belt musicals that have a dark-haired lead? I guess none of them REQUIRE dark-haired girls, but she seems to be playing the same roles over and over again and in the same way. I feel like they must have wanted someone close in appearance to Caren Lyn Manuel because there are other people who would be WAY better than Eden in this part. Funny that Caren and Eden also have the Brooklyn and Rent parts in common. The casting directors only had to look as far as IBDB for ideas apparently.

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#7re: Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/1/09 at 5:58pm

Nice damage control on the part of the HAIR team (not just Eden, but this press release). Although it's pretty obvious they're trying to save their public image, I think they make a pretty eloquent case for the relevance of this production and clears up some misinformation (most importantly, I think, they note that this is a 5.5, not 6.5, million dollar production). The fact that they had to push the preview date back almost a month is telling of the problems this transfer has had, but at the very least they seem to be getting back on track.

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

beltingbaritone Profile Photo
beltingbaritone
#8re: Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/1/09 at 6:01pm

I think Eden will do amazing as Shelia and think that this is a really good fit. Good for her!

Men don't even belt.

dg22894
#9re: Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/1/09 at 6:03pm

Great Pick I think she will be great

dg22894
#10re: Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/1/09 at 6:03pm

Great Pick I think she will be great

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#11re: Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/1/09 at 6:29pm

I love Eden :)

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#12re: Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/1/09 at 7:05pm

I think I called this when they announced the transfer. She will be great, I personally love Eden.

Glory Profile Photo
Glory
#13re: Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/1/09 at 7:06pm

well now I have a reason to see this show, great news. congrats to Eden!

RentBoy86
#14re: Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/1/09 at 8:30pm

Well this just got me excited for the transfer. Now I wish they'd announce "Claude."

PiraguaGuy2
#15re: Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/1/09 at 8:32pm

I've been hearing Gavin Creel.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

beltingbaritone Profile Photo
beltingbaritone
#16re: Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/1/09 at 8:33pm

That would be news from the gods.

Men don't even belt.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#17re: Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/1/09 at 8:33pm

This is very exciting news. I think Eden will be fantastic.

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#18re: Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/1/09 at 8:34pm

How long before a site like telecharge updates? I know it's New Years Day, but I'm just wondering why an announcement is made before tickets get removed. I just checked and they still are selling tickets for February 10. On a happier note, I'm glad this production is going through, since there seemed to be some doubt a while ago, what with the producer saying how much money they needed and all. I got to see Eden when I saw Rent this past summer and loved her Maureen (and, though its not a reflection on performance ability, she was really nice and gracious at the SD). So happy that this production is getting some Espinosa.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#19re: Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/1/09 at 9:49pm

Eden will ROCK this role!
I know a lot of people don't like it but I love Eden and Harris Doran' HIPPIE LIFE, I love hearing it after I,, well you know.
Stoners Unite!

TimeSquare3 Profile Photo
TimeSquare3
#20re: Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/1/09 at 10:16pm

Great for Eden, but another kick to the vag of Julie Reiber.

<<-- Help save Terminator: SCC
"The gay one?" -- Marissa Jaret Winokur on the Jonas Brothers.
Updated On: 1/1/09 at 10:16 PM

xbri0432x
#21re: Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/1/09 at 10:23pm

can't wait to [hopefully] see it!! i think Eden is great for the role.

"My two best friends are Liza Minelli and a tomato." - Penelope (SNL)

Alfred Califano
#22re: Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/1/09 at 10:30pm

hm...I think shell be great, but I'm a little sad Caren Lyn Manuel wont be transferring. I thought she was incredibly talented and really moved me at the Public. I've never actually seen Eden besides on youtube, so I'm curious to see what she brings to the role.

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#23re: Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/1/09 at 11:06pm

this made my freaking day! although now i have to get a refund for my ticket as well as you mormonophobic...hopefully telecharge updates this soon. eden will definitely be an amazing shelia.

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!
http://www.broadwayimpact.com/

Usnavi Profile Photo
Usnavi
#24re: Eden Espinosa joins cast of HAIR
Posted: 1/2/09 at 12:26am

So is Eden Espinosa now the go-to girl for rock/belt musicals that have a dark-haired lead?

the role of sheila has only one requirement and that is that whoever plays the part is female. in the history of this show there have been dark haired sheilas, blonde sheilas, , african american sheilas, asian sheilas, hispanic sheilas, etc.

congratulations eden. break a leg.
Updated On: 1/2/09 at 12:26 AM