pixeltracker

Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detroit Engagement- Page 2

Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detroit Engagement

TheCharleston Profile Photo
TheCharleston
#25re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
Posted: 2/18/09 at 4:38pm

OMFG

WUT HAPIND 2 ADUM >!!?!?!!?

Mattbrain
#26re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
Posted: 2/18/09 at 5:31pm

Cary Shields was my first Roger too (of course, I only saw the show once). I didn't like him at first but then I heard him on the Taboo cast recording and now I'm kicking myself for thinking otherwise.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Craww
#27re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
Posted: 2/18/09 at 7:35pm

I'm driving up from Ohio specifically to see Cary. I hope he's good enough to justify the insanity.

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#28re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
Posted: 2/18/09 at 9:31pm

Any chance the Pantages would give refunds if Adam is out in Los Angeles?

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

broadwyrm918
#29re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
Posted: 2/18/09 at 9:36pm

I saw Cary last night and was very impressed with his Roger. It was my 4th time seeing the show, and I felt that vocally he was the strongest Roger I have seen, although I have never seen it with Adam! Also, he was very friendly at the stage door, he took the time to talk with most of the fans, and was clearly loving the attention :)

nlm
#30re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
Posted: 2/18/09 at 9:37pm

Ouch to Adam, those injuries are never fun. Get well soon and Chookahs to Cary.

erinrebecca
#31re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
Posted: 2/18/09 at 10:50pm

"Also, he was very friendly at the stage door, he took the time to talk with most of the fans, and was clearly loving the attention"

Even after 12 years with the show, off and on, some things never change.

jimmycurry01
#32re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
Posted: 2/19/09 at 2:18am

"Nature's way of telling you you're too old to be doing RENT! "

He is no older than other recent Rogers. Will Chase is the same age (both were born a month apart in 1970), and I am going to guess that Cary Shields isn't too far behind.

Craww
#33re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
Posted: 2/19/09 at 4:36am

Even after 12 years with the show, off and on, some things never change.

Oh snap.

dg22894
#34re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
Posted: 2/19/09 at 8:54am

For anyone who has seen it in Detroit:

Was the stage door crowded?

Byron Abens
#35re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
Posted: 2/19/09 at 12:49pm

"First Legally Blonde, now Rent, why is it that all the National Tour drama happens in Michigan?"

To be fair, a lot of the drama for Legally Blonde started in DC, Michigan just saw the aftermath of it.

kaycee Profile Photo
kaycee
#36re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
Posted: 2/19/09 at 12:53pm

Cary was my first Broadway Roger. I saw him (and Matt Caplan)twice, two years apart, and he was fantastic! Even after seeing Adam during his return to Broadway (who was phenomenal the night I saw him), Cary is my favorite Roger. I wish I could road trip it up to Detroit to see him!

Where does word of Joshua Kobak filling in come from? Was he there during the rehearsal process?

the summer rain just brings us pain, Louison...

viola13
#37re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
Posted: 2/19/09 at 2:25pm

Joshua updated his facebook last week with "Joshua is officially joining the RENT Broadway Tour as Adam Pascals understudy/swing 3/3", although that was obviously written before Adam re-injured himself.

megs1122 Profile Photo
megs1122
#38re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
Posted: 2/19/09 at 2:57pm

I have seen all three as Roger and Cary is BY FAR my favourite! Adam is great in his own right, but I am not at all a Joshua Kobak fan at all.

Shows seen in 2011: Rock of Ages (WE, Shaftesbury Theatre - 7 Oct), Jersey Boys (WE, Prince Edward Theatre - 1 Sep), Cirque du Soleil: Zarkana (Broadway, Radio City Music Hall - 26 Aug), RENT (Broadway, New World Stages - 25 Aug), Hair (Broadway, St. James Theatre - 24 Aug), The Book of Mormon (Broadway *WON LOTTO*, Eugene O'Neill Theatre - 24 Aug), Dress Circle Benefit Gala (WE, Her Majesty's Theatre - 7 Aug), Derren Brown: Svengali (WE, Shaftesbury Theatre - 6 July), Lend me a Tenor the Musical (WE, Gielgud Theatre - 3 June), Lord of the Flies (WE, Open Air Theatre in Regent's Park - 2 June), In a Forest Dark and Deep (WE, Vaudeville Theatre - 31 May), Jersey Boys (WE, Prince Edward Theatre - 28 May), The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (WE, Gielgud Theatre - 2 May), Priscilla Queen of the Desert (WE, Palace Theatre - 29 Apr), Les Miserables (WE, Queens Theatre - 20 Apr), Thrill me (WE, Tristan Bates Theatre - 14 Apr), Ghost the Musical (Manchester, Opera House - 13 Apr), Million Dollar Quartere (WE, Noel Coward Theatre - 5 Apr), The Lion King (WE, Lyceum Theatre - 16 Mar), The Exonerated (WE, Charing Cross Theatre - 15 Mar), The Children's Hour (WE, Comedy Theatre - 14 Mar), Clybourne Park (WE, Wyndhams Theatre - 12 Mar), Company (WE, Southwark Playhouse - 12 Mar), The 25th annual putnam county spelling bee (WE, Donmar - 2 March), Jersey Boys (WE, Prince Edward Theatre - 11 Feb), Million Dollar Quartet (WE, Noel Coward - 9 Feb), Love Story (WE, Duchess Theatre - 7 Feb), Lance Horne:First things last (WE, Garrick Theatre - 30 Jan), La Boheme (WE, Soho Theatre - 29 Jan), Legally Blonde (WE, Savoy Theatre - 10.Jan)

snl89
#39re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
Posted: 2/19/09 at 4:49pm

OMG CARY!!!

He was my first Roger, and actually my favorite of all the Rogers I've seen <3 He's AMAZING

Actually, I'd totes be more interested in seeing Anthony and Cary- I'm not the hugest Adam fan anyway :P

But, unfortunately the tour is nowhere near me right now *sigh*

I hope Adam feels better though!! Herniated disks are no fun re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

erinrebecca
#40re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
Posted: 2/19/09 at 10:07pm

"Where does word of Joshua Kobak filling in come from? Was he there during the rehearsal process? "

Joshua was originally supposed to be the swing from the beginning but he was injured in his previous show and had to have surgery. Cary was filling in for him until he was able to join the tour, so it's actually nice that Cary got the opportunity to go on this week in Detroit.

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#41re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
Posted: 2/19/09 at 11:04pm

I wish Adam a painless (and hopefully speedy) recovery. Injuries are scary for any performer.

However, I can't help but wonder if this is a sign that maybe it's time to give Rent a rest. While Adam and Anthony looked and sounded great when I saw their Broadway return a year or two ago, you can't help the undeniable physical fact that they are probably too old to be in the show. This isn't a Hello Dolly situation where Carol Channing can just be propped up in a gorgeous dress at the top of some stairs.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#42re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
Posted: 2/19/09 at 11:40pm

I don't think herniated discs have anything to do with age. One of my RA's in college had one, and she was a junior like me. Heck, I somehow had a dislocated rib in my back a couple of years ago, and I have no idea how that happened at all. I'm not an athlete, and I just had a spot on my back that really hurt, and the doctor discovered this problem.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

robin3 Profile Photo
robin3
#43re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
Posted: 2/20/09 at 12:17am

humbug, looks like Adam will be performing in LA:

"My neck

So just to give anyone who is interested some more detail, I have 2 herniated discs in my neck. It was not caused by anything having to do with the show. It is a condition that I have apparently had for some time that got worse(most likely carrying around a flailing 7 and 5 year old).
Thanks for all the well wishes, I really appreciate it!
Ill be back in the show starting next week in LA.

Adam"

*from his website

jessica0414 Profile Photo
jessica0414
#44re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
Posted: 2/20/09 at 2:12am

Wow, glad he'll be back so soon! I was in bed for a week when my injury first showed itself. And whenever I tried to walk I was bent over like an 80 year old woman (I'm 21, was 19 at the time). I said it once and I'll say it again, herniated discs have NOTHING to do with age and sometimes not even with activity level, but I do agree that it may be time for certain cast members to give "Rent" a rest. Besides the physical demands, it seems as though a lot of people just don't see much heart/umph in their performances anymore, and something like "Rent" needs a lot of that to be successful.

"You don't just stop posting horse s*** on the web!"-The [Title of Show] Show

Craww
#45re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
Posted: 2/20/09 at 5:09am

I thought Cary was wonderful. I'm really happy I got a chance to see him, and to see the show another time. I never would have gone if it weren't for Adam Pascal's herniated disc, so I guess I owe Adam some good will via 'get well'.

For anyone who has seen it in Detroit:
Was the stage door crowded?

Not tonight, but tonight was a Thursday. The lottery was apparently much less crowded tonight, so I wouldn't be surprised if tonight was a slow one for the stage door as well.

However, you'll want to know exactly where to go and exit at the doors next to the stage door, because the cast members were out and moving on quickly.

JLSatUD Profile Photo
JLSatUD
#46re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
Posted: 2/28/09 at 4:40pm

Guess he's getting better ... There's a video posted on TMZ of him giving his opinion of the Piven stuff. He seems to be moving ok now.

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#47re: Adam Pascal Herniates Disc; Cary Shields Fills in on RENT Tour for Detr
Posted: 2/28/09 at 5:13pm

Love Cary Shields (hence my avatar) saw him twice as Roger and once in Taboo. A great performer who knows how to rock out those roles. If you can't see Adam this is the next best thing.