adamgreer
#2re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork...
Posted: 5/24/09 at 1:13am

Ewwwww.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#2re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork...
Posted: 5/24/09 at 1:18am

...that's a Rose Art box of crayons design every day of the week.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#3re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork...
Posted: 5/24/09 at 1:23am

mehhhhhh. This show really has an uphill battle.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#4re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork...
Posted: 5/24/09 at 1:40am

what was wrong with the City Center artwork? oh Finian.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#5re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork...
Posted: 5/24/09 at 2:23am

Well, I like it. The Broadway.com logos are almost always the first taste we get of the artwork and I always think they look crappy and terrible and then they always grow on me.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#6re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork...
Posted: 5/24/09 at 2:42am

...I kind of like it.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#7re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork...
Posted: 5/24/09 at 7:57am

... I like it too.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#8re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork...
Posted: 5/24/09 at 8:04am

Are you kidding? I love it. I think it's great.

RyToast1
#9re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork...
Posted: 5/24/09 at 8:05am

I like it too, but it looks a little...homotastic.

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#10re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork...
Posted: 5/24/09 at 8:07am

I love it but it doesn't look like Broadway Artwork to me. It doesn't scream come see this show! You wouldn't know it was a show.

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#11re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork...
Posted: 5/24/09 at 8:13am

On the Broadway.com page for this show, it has Cheyenne Jackson, Jim Norton, and Kate Baldwin all listed under the cast list for the Broadway production. It also says that previews will begin August 4 with an opening on August 20. I don't remember hearing this anywhere else. Have these dates/cast members been officially confirmed, or did Broadway.com just jump the gun on this one?

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#12re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork...
Posted: 5/24/09 at 8:29am

It looks like a show about a guy who makes rainbow-colored straws.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#13re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork...
Posted: 5/24/09 at 9:09am

If those days are right it makes me extremely happy because I get to New York the week it opens re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork.... And Cheyenne Jackson re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork...

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#14re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork...
Posted: 5/24/09 at 9:25am

It's bad.

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#15re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork...
Posted: 5/24/09 at 2:43pm

Havnt seen this show on stage before, but not all that excited after watching the film.

The announced cast and new artwork isn't helping much.

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#16re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork...
Posted: 5/24/09 at 2:54pm

Am I the only one who sees this revival as a HORRIBLE idea? A huge cast that nobody outside of the New York theater circle gives two sh*ts about (and I LOOOVE Kate Baldwin and would pay top dollar to see her in anything) in a show that nobody under 80 really knows in a huge Broadway house. To me, all of that = closing in a very short amount of time.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#17re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork...
Posted: 5/24/09 at 3:16pm

Do you really want to live in a world where they only ever revived shows that were a sure thing?

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

Jordan Catalano
#18re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork...
Posted: 5/24/09 at 3:19pm

No, and I don't know how you would get that out of what I said.

I don't consider a large scale revival of FINIAN'S RAINBOW with no "names" in the cast in a very large theater a wise investment at this particular time.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#19re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork...
Posted: 5/24/09 at 3:20pm

Who would you have cast?

Jordan Catalano
#20re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork...
Posted: 5/24/09 at 3:25pm

It doesn't matter who I would have cast, I don't have anyone in particular in mind. But if you look at the state of Broadway right now, even big names can't keep a show opened. When you combine that with a very large scale musical that (sadly) not a whole lot of people care about (and those that do will see it quickly and that market will dry up) than what are you left with? A huge cast, a lot of musicians, an empty theater and a show that will sell well only to the blue haired matinee crowds.

Do I wish it the best of luck? OF COURSE I do. It's a gorgeous show and hearing it done that well at City Center a few months ago was a wonderful experience. But of all the shows that could/should transfer from City Center, I hardly consider this to be one of them.

laura is broadway Profile Photo
laura is broadway
#21re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork...
Posted: 5/24/09 at 3:56pm

Can someone post the link to the page on broadway.com? I can't find it anywhere

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#23re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork...
Posted: 5/24/09 at 4:57pm

I have high hopes for this revival, but that poster doesn't do it for me! Can't image not trying to market Cheyenee's name to the community that knows it, and his looks to everyone else.

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#24re: FINIAN'S RANBOW artwork...
Posted: 5/24/09 at 5:01pm

Hideous poster for a mediocre revival of a lifeless show. I can't wait for the rave reviews and scores of cash to roll in.