News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Rogen.Franco "The Interview" will it happen?- Page 6

Rogen.Franco "The Interview" will it happen?

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#125Rogen.Franco
Posted: 12/24/14 at 1:52pm

Everyone can see it now. It's streaming all over the place.
youtube, google play, x-box

....but the world goes 'round

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#126Rogen.Franco
Posted: 12/24/14 at 3:19pm

The list on line did not mention the Kew Gardens Cinema in Queens if interested.

Poster Emeritus

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#127Rogen.Franco
Posted: 12/24/14 at 9:23pm

Saw it tonight on Xbox.
Meh.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#128Rogen.Franco
Posted: 12/24/14 at 9:45pm

The Film Society of Lincoln Center is now showing it.

I don't think its quality is what will bring people to it or not. By now seeing it is just a way of telling North Korea (or the hackers or whomever) that they can't dictate what Americans can or cannot see.

http://www.filmlinc.com/films/on-sale/the-interview

THE INTERVIEW
EVAN GOLDBERG, SETH ROGEN, 2014
USA | FORMAT: DCP | 112 MINUTES
Opens December 26!

Showtimes:
Friday – Sunday (Walter Reade): 10:45am + 11:30pm
Monday – Thursday (Film Center): 10:45am + 11:30pm

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS: http://www.filmlinc.com/films/all/2014/12/26

In the action-comedy The Interview, Dave Skylark (James Franco) and his producer Aaron Rapoport (Seth Rogen) run the popular celebrity tabloid TV show 'Skylark Tonight.' When they discover that North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is a fan of the show, they land an interview with him in an attempt to legitimize themselves as journalists. As Dave and Aaron prepare to travel to Pyongyang, their plans change when the CIA recruits them, perhaps the most unlikely candidates, to 'take out' Kim Jong-un.

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#129Rogen.Franco
Posted: 12/24/14 at 10:07pm

After watching the whole thing... I agree with ErikJ972. It was all a big pile of MEH that really wasn't worth the trouble it caused, it's a pretty standard comedy at best. But I'm all for USA ignoring the hackers shallow threats, they cannot dictate what we can watch or not.

Now, I'm going to watch TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE. Now THAT was a proper way to make fun of North Korea.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#130Rogen.Franco
Posted: 12/24/14 at 10:09pm

I'm more interested now to see how well this does in these streaming platforms and what that will mean in the future for big film releases. This is something the studios have been extremely reluctant to even try so this will be a very interesting experiment.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#131Rogen.Franco
Posted: 12/25/14 at 12:02am

I have no intention to wasting my time on this film.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#132Rogen.Franco
Posted: 12/25/14 at 8:36am

I wanted to see it because I'm a fan of Pineapple Express and This Is The End.
There were some funny moments but The Supreme Leader would have been better off letting the reviews speak for themselves.
I hope they release more movies like this. I'm glad I saw this on my couch and not in the theater. They have done this before though. I saw Babadook on Xbox too.
It's funny that Sony's completely crappy cyber security has caused a national security incident. I hope they're still not storing customer passwords in a folder called PASSWORDS.
I think it's telling that the film was available on a number of streaming sites, including Xbox, but not Sony's PS4.

~~tiny3~~ Profile Photo
~~tiny3~~
#133Rogen.Franco
Posted: 12/27/14 at 7:51am

doody, butt hole and peepee jokes, etc. if you're 12 y r old pre teen boy and have never glanced a boob, this flick's for u. everyone else: FLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR 5.99.

I AM NOW CONVINCED THAT THIS IS THE BIGGEST HOLLYWOOD TURKEY EVER - AND THE BIGGEST PUBLOICITY STUNT, EVER! tHE kOREANS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS SCHLOCKY u.S. BADLY WRITTEN ANED ACTED bULLSH*T. sONY - SHAME ON YOU...INSIDE JOB - IMHO, THERE'S NO POLITICAL THREAT OR DANGER. NONE. THINK ABOUT IT..... HACKING , AN INSIDE JOB?

Alan Henry Profile Photo
Alan Henry
#134Rogen.Franco
Posted: 12/27/14 at 9:34am

Watched it last night for curiosity's sake. Meh.

Wasn't really funny or offensive. Who could take this seriously?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#135Rogen.Franco
Posted: 12/27/14 at 10:25am

I had no interest in this. Not my type of funny, but I totally support them being able to make/release whatever film they want. I was even considering buying a ticket to show support at the movie theater.

When they announce the new release, I even brought up the website and came "this close" to renting. But I didn't -- it's just not something I want to see.

Was it a ploy? I doubt it, but little surprises me in the world anymore.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#136Rogen.Franco
Posted: 1/3/15 at 3:18pm

So apparently there are plans to airdrop copies of this film into North Korea.

Because this doesn't sound like a potentially dangerous idea at all!

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Jordan Catalano
#137Rogen.Franco
Posted: 1/3/15 at 5:28pm

If they're going to airdrop DVDs to the people of North Korea, they should airdrop a documentary exposing how they're actually being treated by the rulers of that country. It's a good idea to try to get them information, but let's give them some REAL information.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#138Rogen.Franco
Posted: 1/4/15 at 1:44pm

Right, because everyone in NK has the means to watch them! Not to mention, it will probably mean death being found with a copy.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#139Rogen.Franco
Posted: 1/4/15 at 1:47pm

We gotta keep up the charade that North Korea hacked Sony, tho.

Gorlois Profile Photo
Gorlois
#140Rogen.Franco
Posted: 1/4/15 at 2:04pm

I read an article earlier, when the scandal first started, that activists regularly airdrop DVDs (and other items) into North Korea. Rather innocuous stuff with Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger or even "Titanic," that is nevertheless illegal in North Korea. The packages get picked up by people on the black market, and are sold. 46 percent of North Koreans have access to a DVD player. It may be a dangerous game to play, but it seems many North Koreans already play it.

Jordan Catalano
#141Rogen.Franco
Posted: 1/4/15 at 2:57pm

Watching a "Hollywood" movie there is already a crime, but it does happen. And if people are going to be given "illegal" information, it should be useful information. But yes, people in North Korea do in fact have DVD players, most of which are smuggled in from China.

Gorlois Profile Photo
Gorlois
#142Rogen.Franco
Posted: 1/4/15 at 3:37pm

I agree with you Jordan, and the article I link to below also mentions that these airdrops normally contain leaflets, books, and other educational materials as well as movies. I do think there can be some value in including a movie that depicts their supreme leader as anything but a god, no? I haven't yet seen the movie, but isn't that what all the hullabaloo is about? That he dies in the end and is depicted as something less than a strong authority figure. In the article I referenced before, a North Korean escapee says that watching a smuggled copy of "Titanic" was a turning point in her life. Maybe "The Interview" could be for someone, too. Often art is more powerful than an informational leaflet, and it's at least much more... Intriguing?

Activists to Drop Interview DVDs Updated On: 1/4/15 at 03:37 PM

Jordan Catalano
#143Rogen.Franco
Posted: 1/4/15 at 3:46pm

I hope that it gets in the hands of people willing to try to change things.

Wilmingtom
#144Rogen.Franco
Posted: 1/4/15 at 5:29pm

I only wish all this brouhaha could have been expended on a more worthy film. I can imagine something like "Dr. Strangelove" causing an international stir, but this puerile thing?

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#145Rogen.Franco
Posted: 1/4/15 at 8:13pm

"I haven't yet seen the movie, but isn't that what all the hullabaloo is about? That he dies in the end and is depicted as something less than a strong authority figure."

Yes, that is pretty much what the entire last third of the movie focuses on; someone from the inside of the North Korean government decides to help Franco and Rogen's characters humiliate Kim Jong-un in front of the entire world so that his people will start seeing him as Just A Normal Person Like Anyone Else (instead of a god) and be ready for change. I personally don't see anything wrong or controversial about that, but eh.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire
Updated On: 1/4/15 at 08:13 PM

javero Profile Photo
javero
#146Rogen.Franco
Posted: 1/13/15 at 11:55pm

Just saw it via Comcast on Demand. Easily Picture of the Year. I like that the movie doesn't take itself so seriously. In the process, it introduced geopolitics and Kim Jung-Un to a segment of the population that likely had no interest in either topic. The writing was sharp and the language very current. The entire movie was imbued with artifacts from the millennial zeitgeist without becoming pedantic.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

Videos