News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

2023-2024 Broadway Season- Page 6

2023-2024 Broadway Season

pethian Profile Photo
pethian
#1252023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 8/25/23 at 9:18pm

BroadwaysBroad said: "With Once Upon A Time closing, broadway is losing an energy filled pop musical. Is it just me or are none of the musicals coming in pop and exciting this season?"

If you mean a pop jukebox show, which is what OUAOMT is, yes, thus far there are no pop jukebox shows announced for the new season.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#1262023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 8/26/23 at 12:31am

If by "pop" you mean like Britney then no. "The Notebook" is a contemporary score but more akin to a folk musical with some Broadway flourishes. Not sure about "The Outsiders." It sounds kind of just bland generic contemporary stuff. I guess it's a small scale musical. Both feature rain. I'd say "How to Dance in Ohio" sounds poppy but again it all sounds like "Dear Evan Hansen" after awhile. 

steve.sometime
#1272023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 8/26/23 at 11:04am

There's already & Juliet, Moulin Rouge and MJ filling that pop spot. We don't need Broadway to be full of them. I'll take diversity any day.

Edited to add MJ 

Updated On: 8/26/23 at 11:04 AM

lapinitsa Profile Photo
lapinitsa
#1282023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 8/26/23 at 11:27am

steve.sometime said: "There's already & Juliet and Moulin Rouge filling that pop spot. We don't need Broadway to be full of them. I'll take diversity any day."

Yes! And original scores!

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#1292023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 8/26/23 at 1:12pm

steve.sometime said: "There's already & Juliet and Moulin Rouge filling that pop spot. We don't need Broadway to be full of them. I'll take diversity any day."

I do think part of the downfall of Once Upon a One More Time is that it's coming after Moulin, SIX, &Juliet, and Bad CInderella and running concurrently with the first three. All of those have elements of Once Upon a One More Time and all except Bad Cindy are better shows. 

If I want the pop music spectacle, I'm gonna go to Moulin Rouge. If I want girlboss empowerment, I'm gonna go to SIX. If I want fictional character rewriting their destiny, I'm gonna go to &Juliet. I don't need this show. 

BroadwaysBroad
#1302023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 8/26/23 at 1:27pm

I do wonder how we get the young people to come to support broadway without the music and stories of their generation.

Do broadway shows advertise on TicToc? That would be smart.

pethian Profile Photo
pethian
#1312023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 8/26/23 at 7:42pm

BroadwaysBroad said: "I do wonder how we get the young people to come to support broadway without the music and stories of their generation.

Do broadway shows advertise on TicToc? That would be smart.
"

They do. Yes.

UWS10023 Profile Photo
UWS10023
#1322023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 8/28/23 at 1:50am

jagman1062 said: "gibsons2 said: "Any word on LCT upcoming 2023-24 season? It seems all major subscription based houses have announced their lineups except Lincoln Center. Any rumors on that?"

I'm a long-time LCT member and I haven't heard anything about the upcoming season. They seem to be slow in announcing shows these last two years. It's annoying when they decide to include a commercial production as part of their season and announce it after tickets have gone on sale, and members may have already purchased tickets to that show.
"

I thought they announced The Lehman Trilogy? Did that fall through?

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#1332023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 8/29/23 at 2:40pm

Water for Elephants is going to broadway in 2024 per an audition notice. 

Interesting for Ryan Vasquez that all 3 of his pre-Broadway shows made it into the same season. Which one will he pick? Hm. 

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1342023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 8/29/23 at 2:42pm

RippedMan said: "Water for Elephants is going to broadway in 2024 per an audition notice.

Interesting for Ryan Vasquez that all 3 of his pre-Broadway shows made it into the same season. Which one will he pick? Hm.
"

Who knows? I have a feeling it could be The Notebook, though. He was also in The Karate Kid, too, correct? Not that it has announced plans to transfer or anything, but... who knows at this point. lol.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#1352023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 8/29/23 at 4:04pm

Merrily We Roll Along will officially open on October 10.

Oh look, a bibu!

OhHiii
#1362023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 8/29/23 at 4:16pm

I imagine we're going to get a slew of announcements next week post-Labor Day. Nothing will come this week. 

Anticipating probable announcements from Days of Wine and Roses, Tommy, Lempicka and potentially Crazy For You and Guys and Dolls transfers. Anything else? Enemy of the People will probably announce theatre and dates and when tickets go on sale. 

A couple shows with potential to move fast would be Danny and the Deep Blue Sea and Hell's Kitchen. Any others that have been announced off-broadway that could come in?

This season feels very slow to take shape even in the face of so many houses we know will be open. What some folks on here have pointed out is probably proving out that all of these deep pocket investors that put money into shows this past season are feeling the burn and aren't as eager to invest in a new crop, at least not this Fall. 

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#1372023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 8/29/23 at 4:33pm

I think we know Crazy For You is coming sometime next year, but I wonder where Guys & Dolls will go. Maybe The Shed? I know that's not Broadway, but I really don't know where else they could put that besides re-using the setup for Here Lies Love if that ends up closing.

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#1382023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 8/29/23 at 4:41pm

Dylan Smith4 said: "I think we know Crazy For You is coming sometime next year, but I wonder where Guys & Dolls will go. Maybe The Shed? I know that's not Broadway, but I really don't know where else they could put that besides re-using the setup for Here Lies Love if that ends up closing."

Do we actually know that either of those are transferring or is it all just hopes spun into rumors spun into facts? 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#1392023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 8/29/23 at 4:54pm

I don’t think you get how producing theater works if you think they’ll just reuse the here lies love setup. That’s not how that works…

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#1402023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 8/29/23 at 5:28pm

jkcohen626 said: "Dylan Smith4 said: "I think we know Crazy For You is coming sometime next year, but I wonder where Guys & Dolls will go. Maybe The Shed? I know that's not Broadway, but I really don't know where else they could put that besides re-using the setup for Here Lies Love if that ends up closing."

Do we actually know that either of those are transferring or is it all just hopes spun into rumors spun into facts?
"

Pardon me for not using the right words here. If Guys and Dolls were to transfer, the Shed could be a good venue for it if not, then they could use the Broadway theatre and build something similar to the Here Lies Love set. As for Crazy For You, some people said on the show's discussion thread that a transfer is likely to happen. I believe one person said they have a connection with Charlie Stemp, who said it's happening. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

BroadwaysBroad
#1412023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 8/29/23 at 8:01pm

I heard from a friend Maybe Happy Ending is coming in this season, too.

jagman1062 Profile Photo
jagman1062
#1422023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 8/29/23 at 9:04pm

UWS10023 said: "jagman1062 said: "gibsons2 said: "Any word on LCT upcoming 2023-24 season? It seems all major subscription based houses have announced their lineups except Lincoln Center. Any rumors on that?"

I'm a long-time LCT member and I haven't heard anything about the upcoming season. They seem to be slow in announcing shows these last two years. It's annoying when they decide to include a commercial production as part of their season and announce it after tickets have gone on sale, and members may have already purchased tickets to that show.
"

I thought they announced The Lehman Trilogy? Did that fall through?
"

The announcement I received from LCT is for the new show based on the life of Graciela Daniele at the Newhouse this fall. Nothing has been announced for the Beaumont. 

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#1432023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 9/1/23 at 3:46pm

Days of Wine and Roses   -  Studio 54

Lempicka  -   Longacre

Sing Street  -  Lyceum

Water for Elephants  -  Shubert

The Who's Tommy  -  Imperial

The Wiz  -  Majestic

Crazy for You  -  Vivian Beaumont

pethian Profile Photo
pethian
#1442023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 9/1/23 at 4:20pm

Broadway Flash said: "Days of Wine and Roses - Studio 54

Lempicka - Longacre

Sing Street - Lyceum

Water for Elephants - Shubert

The Who's Tommy - Imperial

The Wiz - Majestic

Crazy for You - Vivian Beaumont
"

Are these predictions or based on sources?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#1452023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 9/3/23 at 7:32pm

The Notebook will now begin previews on February 10.

Purlie Victorious will play a limited engagement through January 7. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1462023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 9/3/23 at 7:35pm

Where’s troynow with the scoop when we need it?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#1472023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 9/3/23 at 7:40pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Purlie Victorious will play a limited engagement through January 7."

2023-2024 Broadway Season

BroadwaysBroad
#1482023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 9/4/23 at 10:43am

What show is going into the music box in the spring then??? 

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#1492023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 9/4/23 at 11:09am

BroadwaysBroad said: "What show is going into the music box in the spring then???"

I think that was more of a comment on the fact that Purlie will probably make less than $200K each week and close very early and not on something wanting to replace it. 

As far as what could, it could be any number of smaller shows that want to come in. I don't think there are any big rumors yet. 

Updated On: 9/4/23 at 11:09 AM

Videos