News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

BAD CINDERELLA to close on June 4- Page 19

BAD CINDERELLA to close on June 4

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#450BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/23/23 at 10:37pm

Funny how the usual vultures are in the edge of their seats looking to pounce and gloat over every bad review. 

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#451BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/23/23 at 10:43pm

I'm a vulture? 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#452BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/23/23 at 10:46pm

How am I a vulture? People had to have seen this coming. Seriously. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#453BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/23/23 at 10:49pm

No personal judgment on this show because I haven't seen it, but it has the feel of a show that is going to get shut out on Tony nominations morning.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#454BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/23/23 at 10:58pm

I am surprised no one has observed that there are elements of this thread that are very reminiscent of Diana. 

pmensky
#455BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/23/23 at 11:19pm

Matt Rogers said: "Funny how the usual vultures are in the edge of their seats looking to pounce and gloat over every bad review."

No one here is a vulture. Reviews are recapped and discussed like this for every opening night, and contributors are just acknowledging that everything predicted since the announcement of this show’s transfer has come true. Calling people names for discussing this inevitable outcome seems like an excuse to shake your finger at everyone and fill up some personal, inner void to feel morally superior. Grow up.

Matt Rogers
#456BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/23/23 at 11:19pm

songanddanceman2 said: "I'm a vulture?"

Did anyone name you? In any case, his son is in hospice tonight, about to pass away, so maybe you people can keep your usual gloating about bad reviews to a minimum. But I won't hold my breath.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#457BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/23/23 at 11:23pm

Andrew has enough going on as it is, he wanted to give himself an excuse to be up at 4am London time?!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#458BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/23/23 at 11:23pm

Matt Rogers said: "songanddanceman2 said: "I'm a vulture?"

Did anyone name you? In any case, his son is in hospice tonight, about to pass away, so maybe you people can keep your usual gloating about bad reviews to a minimum. But I won't hold my breath.
"

Jesus Christ. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

BentleyB
#459BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/23/23 at 11:26pm

Kad said: "Matt Rogers said: "songanddanceman2 said: "I'm a vulture?"

"

Jesus Christ.

Hilarious, I am sure he is sitting there refreshing this thread to see what everyone is saying.  Give me a break.

Matt Rogers
#460BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/23/23 at 11:28pm

pmensky said: "Matt Rogers said: "Funny how the usual vultures are in the edge of their seats looking to pounce and gloat over every bad review."

No one here is a vulture. Reviews are recapped and discussed like this for every opening night, and contributors are just acknowledging that everything predicted since the announcement of this show’s transfer has come true. Calling people names for discussing this inevitable outcome seems like an excuse to shake your finger at everyone and fill up some personal, inner void to feel morally superior. Grow up.
"

Hun, clearly you don't know this message board very well. There are dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens of vultures here, waiting to pounce and gloat on anything and everything, so don't tell me to grow up sweetie. I've been in this business long before you even thought of joining this board. 

Matt Rogers
#461BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/23/23 at 11:30pm

Kad said: "Matt Rogers said: "songanddanceman2 said: "I'm a vulture?"

"

Jesus Christ.

"

Do you have a point to make or do you just want to say Jesus Christ? 

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#462BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/23/23 at 11:31pm

Oh my, things are heating up here!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#463BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/23/23 at 11:32pm

Deadline is mixed:

"What Bad Cinderella does have is an amusing enough premise, an appealing score of songs that please in the moment, a gorgeous set design, performers that give it their all, and just enough rousing, good-natured moments to hold onto hopes that Bad Cinderella will arrive somewhere transformative before Dorothy has to return to Kansas."

"By the time it reaches its happily-ever-after ending – the musical doesn’t pretend for a moment it won’t get there – Bad Cinderella leaves us both more or less satisfied and more or less disappointed (you’ll think of the loose ends before you hit the exit door; whatever did happen to that we coulda been friends alliance between the good-bad heroine and her bad-bad stepsister?). It’s certainly not the worst Andrew Lloyd Webber musical (Aspects of Love is safe), nor as remotely problematic (or distinctive) as Evita. Put it somewhere between School of Rock and The Woman in White, enjoy it, and hope for a happier ending next time around."

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#464BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/23/23 at 11:39pm

Matt Rogers.

What an earth are you talking about? This is not about Andrews son, that situation is just awful.

This is about a show, a show that is opening tonight, and people have posted reviews on here for years. I'm not seeing gloating, I'm seeing people sharing opinions. I'm Interested in seeing the reviews as I watched it in London and thought it was awful. I wanted to see if anything had changed and how this would play to American audiences.

Stop bringing up the poor man's son when others are not.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Updated On: 3/23/23 at 11:39 PM

Matt Rogers
#465BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/23/23 at 11:43pm

songanddanceman2 said: "Matt Rogers.

What an earth are you talking about? This is not about Andrews son, that situation is just awful.

This is about a show, a show that is opening tonight, and people have posted reviews for years on here for years. I'm not seeing gloating, I'm seeing people sharing opinions. I'm Interested in seeing the reviews as I watched it in London and thought it was awful. I wanted to see if anything had changed and how this would play to American audiences.

"

I'm not the first one who has brought up the situation with his son, but considering what is going on, the gloating, catty comments could take a f*cking pause. But with the ghouls on this board, I guess not. 

pollster2
#466BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/23/23 at 11:46pm

Matt Rogers said: "songanddanceman2 said: "Matt Rogers.

This is about a show, a show that is opening tonight, and people have posted reviews for years on here for years. I'm not seeing gloating, I'm seeing people sharing opinions. I'm Interested in seeing the reviews as I watched it in London and thought it was awful. I wanted to see if anything had changed and how this would play to American audiences.

"

I'm not the first one who has brought up the situation with his son, but considering what is going on, the gloating, catty comments could take a f*cking pause. But with the ghouls on this board, I guess not.
"

You need to calm down. No one is happy his son is sick. But reviews will continue to be published and this group will continue to discuss them.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#467BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/23/23 at 11:47pm

Two stars from Time Out NY:

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/theater/bad-cinderella-broadway-review-musical-andrew-lloyd-webber

"The score, by Lloyd Webber and lyricist David Zippel, goes in one ear and comes out the other without troubling anything in between. You are unlikely to remember much of it, except the oft-repeated title-song motif—which has an advantage coming in, since it shamelessly evokes “In My Own Little Corner,” from Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella—and perhaps “Only You, Lonely You,” a ballad that Dobson delivers with suitable ardor. Directed sleekly by Lloyd Webber loyalist Laurence Connor, Bad Cinderella is the kind of show that seems destined to be left behind. It’s a shiny glass slip-up. "

Matt Rogers
#468BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/23/23 at 11:52pm

Opening night is at Chelsea Piers. Great atmosphere. Lots of fun. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#469BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/23/23 at 11:55pm

Matt Rogers said: "Opening night is at Chelsea Piers. Great atmosphere. Lots of fun."

Shame Lloyd Webber can't be there at the party. Would have brought down the house with another DJ set, like when Phantom reopened on Broadway. 

Gotta be there for your son though when he's seriously ill. Wishing everyone the best. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
BCfitasafiddle
ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#473BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/24/23 at 12:09am

Didn't catch that they changed the book credit sometime after the start of previews. There are now 4 authors on the line together:

Original Story & Book by Emerald Fennell, Book Adaptation by Alexis Scheer

(Scheer was originally announced as "additional book material)

MattieIce2018
#474BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 3/24/23 at 12:12am

Washington Post: "Andrew Lloyd Webber's 'Bad Cinderella' gets the title it deserves": https://www.washingtonpost.com/theater-dance/2023/03/24/bad-cinderella-broadway-andrew-lloyd-webber/

Videos