News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

BAD CINDERELLA to close on June 4- Page 3

BAD CINDERELLA to close on June 4

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#50BAD CINDERELLA releases new trailer
Posted: 1/4/23 at 9:29pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I need to know the name of the dude with the beard at the end."

Dave Schoonover

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Owen22
#51BAD CINDERELLA releases new trailer
Posted: 1/5/23 at 9:51am

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Alexis Scheer - playwright if the great OUR DEAR DEAD DRUG LORD - is now being credited with “additional book material.”"

What do you thinks going on?  Emerald sick of being a yes-man for Andrew, refusing to make more of his ill-advised changes?  Did he even tell her she was being replaced?  Anyway, I'm sure it has to do somewhat with Andrew's control issues...

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#52BAD CINDERELLA releases new trailer
Posted: 1/5/23 at 10:19am

Surprised to hear people are actually interested in seeing this. Or is everyone just wanted to see what a disaster this may be(i.e. Diana, Scandalous).

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#53BAD CINDERELLA releases new trailer
Posted: 1/5/23 at 10:48am

ACL2006 said: "Surprised to hear people are actually interested in seeing this. Or is everyone just wanted to see what a disaster this may be(i.e. Diana, Scandalous)."

Is it so shocking that not everyone agrees with you, or that not everyone is salivating for a "disaster"? Who are you, Michael Riedel?

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#54BAD CINDERELLA releases new trailer
Posted: 1/5/23 at 10:59am

“ Surprised to hear people are actually interested in seeing this. Or is everyone just wanted to see what a disaster this may be(i.e. Diana, Scandalous).”

you can criticize the marketing, criticize ALW, but we all love to conveniently forget the show got good reviews in London. 

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#55BAD CINDERELLA releases new trailer
Posted: 1/5/23 at 11:24am

BroadwayNYC2 said: "you can criticize the marketing, criticize ALW, but we all love to conveniently forget the show got good reviews in London."

It’s not a direct transfer of the London production though. They’ve changed the title, revamped the marketing and hired a new book writer. The show that opens at the Imperial could be vastly different than the one that got good reviews in London and it’s all because of one bad review in the Post that infuriated Andrew. 

Owen22
#56BAD CINDERELLA releases new trailer
Posted: 1/5/23 at 12:59pm

BroadwayNYC2 said: "“ Surprised to hear people are actually interested in seeing this. Or is everyone just wanted to see what a disaster this may be(i.e. Diana, Scandalous).”

you can criticize the marketing, criticize ALW, but we all love to conveniently forget the show got good reviews in London.
"

Except for Andrew's work, every other member of that creative team fell down. Especially the director, who should be replaced.  I am sure Emerald could have done WAY better if her hands weren't so evidently tied by Andrew's ego and his inability to recognize that he has no sense of dramaturgy WHATSOEVER!

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#57BAD CINDERELLA releases new trailer
Posted: 1/5/23 at 1:23pm

ACL2006 said: "Surprised to hear people are actually interested in seeing this. Or is everyone just wanted to see what a disaster this may be(i.e. Diana, Scandalous)."

Imagine someone actually thinking that every single person thinks like them or is interested in the same exact things. Imagine. 

saxpower
#58BAD CINDERELLA releases new trailer
Posted: 1/5/23 at 1:58pm

I've been hesitant to ask this question given the dislike some on this thread have for this show and/or ALW, but since the thread is back on the front page,...

I do plan on seeing this show.  In looking for tickets, I've noticed something odd.  The entire center orchesta,  together with the first two to for seats from the aisle on the sides  back to Row J or so seems to be  consistenty "unavailable" , with the exception of an "island" of premium seats in row B.   Even with my positive feelings for the show, I doubt all those seats are sold, particularly in such a consistent pattern.  Is there a reason seats may be being held for sale?

My first thought was some rows, particularly near the front, may be held while they figure out what (if anything) they are going to do to replicate the London scenic design. However, they would not need to block off THAT many rows, and there is still the question of the seats available in Row B.

My guess is these seats are being held for group tours, or potentially have been sold to groups (they'd be marked unavailable either way).  Could there be some other reason?  If they are being held for groups, when are such seats typically realesed for general sale? 

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#59BAD CINDERELLA releases new trailer
Posted: 1/5/23 at 3:50pm

saxpower said: "In looking for tickets, I've noticed something odd. The entire center orchesta, together with the first two to for seats from the aisle on the sides back to Row J or so seems to be consistenty "unavailable" , with the exception of an "island" of premium seats in row B."

It is odd, and there appears to be something similar going on with The Collaboration

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#60BAD CINDERELLA releases new trailer
Posted: 1/5/23 at 4:04pm

My experience is that they seem to typically hold off on selling the prime seats (center orchestra).  I remember when tickets went on sale for the Sunset revival the same thing happening the closest to stage with row O center orchestra (which I purchased)  I'm sure there's some marketing thing that figures months out advance sales are the die-hards who want to be there while the closer to the date they want to make it more appealing when people are on the fence trying to decide what to see and hearing "they have great seats - third row center orchestra" to seal the deal

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#61BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/9/23 at 9:38am

Does anyone plan on seeing the first preview next Friday?

defenses
#62BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/9/23 at 10:51am

jacobsnchz14 said: "Does anyone plan on seeing the first preview next Friday?"

Me! Front mezz tickets were less than $100 on TodayTix a few weeks ago, so I snagged some. I've been SUPER curious about this show because the marketing does not match what I know of the West End show.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#63BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/9/23 at 10:57am

I'm going a couple weeks before opening, and I can't wait to see this. I really enjoy the London cast album. I'm looking forward to seeing what changes have been for Broadway.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#64BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/9/23 at 7:19pm

Per Linedy on Insta, this will have an 18-piece orchestra. Nice to see some shows with bigger bands this year, between this, SOME LIKE IT HOT (17), NEW YORK, NY (19), SWEENEY (26), WOODS (15), CAMELOT (30), and hopefully PARADE (24 at Encores but tba for Broadway).

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#65BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/9/23 at 7:42pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Per Linedy on Insta, this will have an 18-piece orchestra. Nice to see some shows with bigger bands this year, between this, SOME LIKE IT HOT (17), NEW YORK, NY (19), SWEENEY (26), WOODS (15), CAMELOT (30), and hopefully PARADE (24 at Encores but tba for Broadway)."

Wow! Great news! If I recall correctly, the West End production had a very small orchestra.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#66BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/9/23 at 7:51pm

Be honest here guys - how many people have already written their scathing “reviews” and are ready to post them on Friday night? Because it seems like it’s a pretty big number. 

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#67BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/9/23 at 8:23pm

bwayphreak234 said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Per Linedy on Insta, this will have an 18-piece orchestra. Nice to see some shows with bigger bands this year, between this, SOME LIKE IT HOT (17), NEW YORK, NY (19), SWEENEY (26), WOODS (15), CAMELOT (30), and hopefully PARADE (24 at Encores but tba for Broadway)."

Wow! Great news! If I recall correctly, the West End production had a very small orchestra.
"

I'm pretty sure West End had 9 or 10 for their "band" (not going to call that an orchestra :) ) So 18 will have a completely different sound.  

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#68BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/9/23 at 8:45pm

Cant wait!  I got one of those 39 dollar tickets in the rear mezz for the end of feb. 

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#69BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/9/23 at 9:02pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Be honest here guys - how many people have already written their scathing “reviews” and are ready to post them on Friday night? Because it seems like it’s a pretty big number."

Not me. I like the album well enough. Just waiting to see a song list to gauge how much has changed. Have they announced the design team? I missed that announcement if they did.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#70BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/9/23 at 9:27pm

CATSNYrevival said: "Have they announced the design team? I missed that announcement if they did."

Per IBDB:  Scenic Design by  Gabriela Tylesova; Costume Design by  Gabriela Tylesova; Lighting Design by  Bruno Poet; Sound Design by  Gareth Owen; Hair and Wig Design by  Luc Verschueren

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#71BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/9/23 at 10:25pm

Have we seen anything of the physical design yet? The West End version just looked so damn cheap. 

rabymon10
#72BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/9/23 at 11:32pm

Sets and costumes are likely to be gorgeous with Gabriela (Australian Love Never Dies, and POTO on Sydney Harbour) behind them. It's the Laurence Connor part that would make them redundant or of bad taste.

Dolly80
#73BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/10/23 at 1:25am

Well they certainly weren’t ‘gorgeous’ in London and she designed that too.

There is no way they will have improved this show for Broadway. ALW is incapable of seeing the real issues (score, lyrics) and instead fires people around him.

Moreski93
#74BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/10/23 at 8:01am

The production released another single this morning. Gotta say, I love the new arrangements. The show is certainly growing on me.

I Know I Have A Heart Because You Broke It Single

Updated On: 2/10/23 at 08:01 AM

Videos