News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

BAD CINDERELLA to close on June 4- Page 5

BAD CINDERELLA to close on June 4

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#100BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/11/23 at 12:09pm

Voter said: "He lost me at "I was so not naive" .... like BRO let the BMI kids write the show at this point!"

I forgot about that. I’m surprised some of the lyrics are being revised and “so not naive” is still in.

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#101BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/11/23 at 4:21pm

Oof these lyrics are really questionable “Like a damsel in distress in a torn party dress”?!?! “I was not a hard one to convince girls like me don’t end up with a Prince”?!?! This is sounding very much like “Diana” to me 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#102BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/11/23 at 4:48pm

...Anyone actually see this last night?

CATSNYrevival
#103BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/11/23 at 4:49pm

Previews begin February 17th.

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#104BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/11/23 at 5:25pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "...Anyone actually see this last night?"

You're one week early. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#105BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/11/23 at 5:36pm

I’m can’t wait for next week, to see how the show has changed. Should be really interesting. 

CATSNYrevival
#106BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/11/23 at 6:06pm

I’m still wondering if we’ll get a new opening number, more ballads, a song for Carolee Carmello? Will they reinstate that sea snake song? So many possibilities.

MagicalMusical Profile Photo
MagicalMusical
#107BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/13/23 at 3:47am

CATSNYrevival said: "GiantsInTheSky2 said: "You’re wrong. You’re thinking of the line, “Now I know I have a heart, because it’s breaking.” There was no second song for the Tin Man."

Maybe there was one in the Webber Wizard of Oz and it got repurposed for Cinderella.
"

Webber said Zippel gave him the idea of "I know I have a heart because you broke it" and he started writing the song on a plane, so it wasn't written before for Wizard of Oz.

CATSNYrevival
#108BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/13/23 at 4:24am

MagicalMusical said: "Webber said Zippel gave him the idea of "I know I have a heart because you broke it" and he started writing the song on a plane, so it wasn't written before forWizard of Oz."

I was mostly joking but good to know all the same. Now I can’t stop picturing the Tin Man belting it out.

signorafosca2
#109BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/13/23 at 4:30pm

jacobsnchz14 said: "Does anyone plan on seeing the first preview next Friday?"

Seeing it a few days after, on the 22nd. Saw it pop up on TDF yesterday and moved quickly to grab tix. Trying to keep an open mind—seeing it with a friend who caught the show in London so he can give some perspective on the changes. FWIW he did not like it in London.

Chase Miller
#110BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/13/23 at 7:11pm

Not feeling most of this new song. Some of it I like though

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#111BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/15/23 at 9:24am

$30 in person rush, digital rush and digital lottery. That MIGHT make me see it. 

Maybe.

BCfitasafiddle
#112BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/15/23 at 11:03am

Does Linedy have scheduled nights off? I know she has an alternate, so I'm wondering who's on when, if it's arbitrary, or set. I'd like to see both ladies at some point.

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#113BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/15/23 at 1:44pm

Was too late for the deal, but Show-Score has multiple Member Nights where you basically get $25 seats. Still can add yourself to the waitlist!

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#114BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/16/23 at 12:00am

Did somebody say her name?

The new musical Bad Cinderella begins previews tomorrow night (February 17) at the Imperial Theatre, prior to a March 23 official opening. Leading the company of the West End import are Linedy Genao, Jordan Dobson, Carolee Carmello, Grace McLean, Sami Gayle, Morgan Higgins, and Christina Acosta Robinson. Bad Cinderella features music by the legendary Andrew Lloyd Webber with lyrics by David Zippel, and a book by Emerald Fennell. JoAnn M. Hunter choreographs, and Laurence Connor directs.

“In the exceptionally beautiful kingdom of Belleville, the fields are idyllic, the prince is charming, and the townsfolk are ravishing. Only one stubborn peasant stands in the way of absolute perfection: Cinderella. To the flawless residents and royals of Belleville, this damsel IS the distress.”

Who’s heading to the ball? (If you are, best give your reports by midnight!)

Oh look, a bibu!

defenses
#115BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/16/23 at 12:17am

The lottery is now open on Telecharge!

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#116BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/16/23 at 5:11pm

How are advanced sales looking for this?

There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#117BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/16/23 at 6:16pm

Voter said: "How are advanced sales looking for this?"

Well they've invited every influencer and their mother, put 2 weeks of tickets on show score, and are offering a 24 hr flash sale as arguably the most anticipated new musical of the season....that has already has a viral marketing campaign..

BETTY22
#118BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/16/23 at 6:17pm

Not good.

Around $2 million - which is two weeks 

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#119BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/16/23 at 6:22pm

Do people buy in advance as much anymore?  Particularly for a new show?  

This is going to be interesting to watch.  There's no names attached to it (apart from ALW and Emerald as the creatives).   Apart from those interested in the ins and outs of theatre, most don't know much about the show and the ups and downs of the West End production.  Its very unlike ALW to have a softer open like this, but if I remember correctly RUG isn't running lead on producing this.  So perhaps they're hoping to build good word of mouth and hope for generally positive reviews like they received in London

Will3700 Profile Photo
Will3700
#120BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/16/23 at 7:06pm

How does the Flash Sale work ?  I got the email but no promo code 

Jordan Catalano
#121BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/16/23 at 7:25pm

Updated On: 2/16/23 at 07:25 PM

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#122BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/16/23 at 7:43pm

For my fellow board members who are scenic design nerds like myself, it looks like a show curtain has been added for Broadway (the West End production just had the village set onstage for the pre show). There are pictures on instagram for those who are curious. It’s very whimsical - I like it!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Jordan Catalano
#123BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/16/23 at 7:49pm

That’s a really beautiful show curtain. 

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#124BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/16/23 at 7:53pm

I must say that the curtain is beautiful! There are definitely some similarities to the London set just from seeing that picture. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Videos