News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

BAT OUT OF HELL Will Play 8 Weeks At NY City Center In 2019- Page 10

BAT OUT OF HELL Will Play 8 Weeks At NY City Center In 2019

Sho-Tunes-R-Us Profile Photo
Sho-Tunes-R-Us
#225Down to One
Posted: 5/10/19 at 10:38pm

SmoothLover said: "NT City Center."

TY.

tourboi
#226Down to One
Posted: 5/11/19 at 10:06pm

Tag said: "^The full scale version (West End version & Toronto initial run) were SUPER impressive, and you saw every dollar onstage. It was way over the top. The projections were some of the best I've seen, and the flying was very complicated. I mean a CAR falls into the orchestra pit! A motorcycle explodes and the debris fly into a heart shape in the air. Any money spent, was well spent."

SPOILER....

The motorcycle explosion was indeed incredible to see. The car crash into the pit was very effective and had wow-factor, until the effect was ruined by the cheap sight gag of musicians in tuxedos carrying broken instruments (none of which are used in the orchestration) climbing out of the pit looking shocked. This failed on so many faults - it took you completely out of the moment and ruined any momentum for the sake of a cheap laugh. 

And by accounts the car crash had been removed for the 'tour' version that returned to Toronto - not sure if the cycle explosion was still there, but don't see why that would have to be cut so assume it was still in tact. 

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#227Down to One
Posted: 5/13/19 at 3:04am

Possibly Wednesday unless there is a delay.

Sho-Tunes-R-Us
#228Down to One
Posted: 5/14/19 at 1:29am

SmoothLover said: "Possibly Wednesday unless there is a delay."

Think you may have to define "delay" .  And "possibly".

Sho-Tunes-R-Us
#229Down to One
Posted: 5/14/19 at 1:33am

RumTumJM said: "I, too, have heard (from a very reliable source) that the producers, etc are still planning on going ahead with it. In fact, Meat Loaf is gonna start doing press for it.

No one knows anything about dates, cast, etc (including said source). Many still doubt it will happen. But, I can confirm that they are sending Meat around on the media circuit to build up hype for it.
"

Re Mister Loaf:  https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/07/meatloaf-left-broken-collarbone-falling-off-stage-texas-9429833/

SmoothLover
#230Down to One
Posted: 5/14/19 at 1:47pm

The stage hands at City Center were given a schedule for the run which appears to begin August 1rst running through the 2nd week of September with a possible 2 week extension. This was according to a stage hand that works there. They indicated that ticket sales were scheduled to start this week.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#231Down to One
Posted: 5/14/19 at 2:06pm

SmoothLover said: "The stage hands at City Center were given a schedule for the run which appears to begin August 1rst running through the 2nd week of September with a possible 2 week extension. This was according to a stage hand that works there. They indicated that ticket sales were scheduled to start this week."

yes

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#232Down to One
Posted: 5/14/19 at 2:54pm

Has it been cast?

SmoothLover
#233Down to One
Posted: 5/14/19 at 4:39pm

I have no idea. The stage hand knew nothing about casting. I would assume it will be the Euro cast. I had planned to try and see it at the end of September so if the run is cut short I may miss out due to travel plans. Darn!

Sho-Tunes-R-Us
#234Down to One
Posted: 5/14/19 at 9:03pm

SmoothLover said: "I have no idea. The stage hand knew nothing about casting. I would assume it will be the Euro cast. I had planned to try and see it at the end of September so if the run is cut short I may miss out due to travel plans. Darn!"

I'll probably miss it also.  My July NYC Broadway trip is already set.  Most likely too soon to return to NYC from California.

Who wants to bet that the producers will keep very close tabs on the  City Center reception vis-a-vis a U.S. tour?  

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#235Down to One
Posted: 5/14/19 at 9:06pm

Cast is set. Coworker of mine confirmed that he will be in this production.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#236Down to One
Posted: 5/14/19 at 10:01pm

How/when did this get cast ? Per Equtiy rules there have to be open auditions, and there’s been nothing. This isn’t happening.

SmoothLover
#237Down to One
Posted: 5/14/19 at 11:38pm

If this is really happening the producers should get on the horn and promote it because other wise the houses will be tepid. It is August for God's sake!!!

Sho-Tunes-R-Us
#238Down to One
Posted: 5/14/19 at 11:43pm

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "Cast is set. Coworker of mine confirmed that he will be in this production. "

He didn't share any other details?  Perspiring Minds Want To Know.

SmoothLover
#239Down to One
Posted: 5/15/19 at 12:01am

No, just that they had gotten an eight shows a week schedule for 6 weeks. 2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Something about the show being 3 hours long with intermission. 

AnnieBlack
#240Down to One
Posted: 5/15/19 at 6:00am

Just saw a commercial for this 'starting August 1' on local NBC at around 545am... they said for tickets go to batoutofhellmusical.com, but when I go to that site, it has no ticket information... Amazing to have commercials running and no ability to buy tickets. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#241Down to One
Posted: 5/15/19 at 8:04am

Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m., for 8/1-9/8.

https://batoutofhellmusical.com/new-york/

Updated On: 5/15/19 at 08:04 AM

scripps Profile Photo
scripps
#242Down to One
Posted: 5/15/19 at 11:35am

A Rock of Ages and Bat Out of Hell doubleheader is now a must this summer. What a time to be alive.

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#243Down to One
Posted: 5/15/19 at 11:41am

RippedMan said: "How/when did this get cast ? Per Equtiy rules there have to be open auditions, and there’s been nothing. This isn’t happening. "

Well, tickets are on sale and multiple seats per performance have already been purchased. People have been involved with this specific production prior to the cancellation a few months ago. You were saying? 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

SmoothLover
#244Down to One
Posted: 5/15/19 at 12:18pm

Well I guess my sources were right about the ticket sales today!!!

The first week starts on a Thursday so it is a 6 performance week.

Who would have thought this was ever going to happen! Although one never knows considering all of the cancellations thus far. I wonder how much the tickets are? 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#245Down to One
Posted: 5/15/19 at 12:26pm

SmoothLover said: "Well I guess my sources were right about the ticket sales today!!!

The first week starts on a Thursday so it is a 6 performance week.

Who would have thought this was ever going to happen! Although one never knows considering all of the cancellations thus far. I wonder how much the tickets are?
"

$45-$249. I picked up a front row side balcony seat for opening night.

Updated On: 5/15/19 at 12:26 PM

RumTumJM
#246Down to One
Posted: 5/15/19 at 12:33pm

Why is it that almost the entire balcony is listed as "partial view"? (Ironically, the last row ISN'T!)

Is that likely to obstruction from the height/top of the procenium opening or a production issue?

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#247Down to One
Posted: 5/15/19 at 12:46pm

Does anybody know anything about seating at this venue? I've never been there, but it looks like the stage must be very wide. I'm particularly curious about the rake in the orchestra, and that swathe of three rows right at the foot of the stage, which don't extend as for as the rest of the orchestra.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

SmoothLover
#248Down to One
Posted: 5/15/19 at 12:50pm

RumTumJM said: "Why is it that almost the entire balcony is listed as "partial view"? (Ironically, the last row ISN'T!)

Is that likely to obstruction from the height/top of the procenium opening or a production issue?
"

I am sure it has to do with the proscenium. The sightlines in the theatre are not very good as a whole because of the proscenium arch which extends itself on the stage, stage right and stage left. That is why Encores tends to play things downstage. Audiences sitting house right or left often miss out on things that are way upstage or off to the sides. It is one reason that the theatre is not more solidly booked. I think people in the balcony miss out on things upstage particularly if actors are elevated. Flying props would be hard to see.

If the director is smart he will refigure the staging so audience members do not feel cheated by bringing the action downstage as much s possible.

Zenobia Profile Photo
Zenobia
#249Down to One
Posted: 5/15/19 at 12:59pm

Having seen the show several times in London - if they use the same set (and I'm sure they will)  they cannot bring the action downstage due to how the set is constructed. There's a lot of camera work though, so they might install extra screens up on the balcony and on the very sides of the orchestra where people might be able to see what they're missing (at least in part).   But I would avoid the balcony and make sure to be able to see as much of the whole stage as possible. 

Videos