News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2- Page 13

Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#300re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/25/06 at 7:41am

in my opinion, i think Laura & Tina are Julia. they both fit the part well and have a unique "style" to the role. it's my opinion, thoughre: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

Show Off
#301re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/25/06 at 8:59am

I wasn't there at night so I didn't see the cast list, sorry! But I think the guy at the sd said it was because of thanksgiving, so he was probably on as Robbie for the evening show.

And I love Laura to death, but Tina's my girl and she is Julia to me haha.

ikmbway
#302re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/25/06 at 9:22am

Laura and Tina are both great. They play 2 totally different Julia's. Laura is more serious and Tina is more bubbly. My sister said to me she thought the Julia in the show was more bubbly than in the morning and that's when I saw Tina. They are both amazing but I think I would choose Tina but I wouldn't care who I was seeing.

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#303re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/25/06 at 10:28am

haha, wow, are we really having this tina/laura thing again, haha. i dont mind, im just curioius how many times weve had this convo, lol. laura's my girl and always will be. but does anyone prefer christina over both of them? jw. im really hoping shes the one on tour!! i just dont think, for me, the tour will EVER even come close to matching the OBC, but i still wanna go see it and support the show.

"Wishes come true, not free..."

Show Off
#304re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/25/06 at 10:57am

re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

Ok so I'm such a freak when it comes to posting pictures of me online now because some of my friends have been stalked, and I'm trying to get some of my SD pictures up so heres the picture I took with Robyn, with my face cut out, haha.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#305re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/25/06 at 11:00am

I have seen all 3 women play Julia (Christina only twice since she has only been on 3 times, but Laura and Tina about the same and that is both in double digits).

They are all wonderful and all put their individual spin on the role. Whenever I go, I am happy to see any of them perform.

I do have a favorite, but I'm not saying. She knows who she is :)

Tchi4Lif188
#306re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/25/06 at 11:09am

haha, aww, why wont you say, lol, jk. its all good.

and love the pic with robyn! too bad ur cut out re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2 lol. i need pics with her and matthew when i go back. thats my goal. and then i wanna get kern if i can. those are who i need! lol.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#307re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/25/06 at 1:47pm

Awww, Robyn! So cute.

I have seen Tina 5 times and Laura 3 times. They're both awesome. Sadly, I've never seen Christina, but I'm sure I'd love her if I did.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#308re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/25/06 at 6:26pm

The Benanti/Maddigan debate will always go on. It's better than Dynasty! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

Show Off
#309re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/25/06 at 7:21pm

Wowwww Tina 5 times? I would die to see her twice! You're really lucky.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#310re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/25/06 at 7:37pm

You can't help but fall in love with the girl with golden hair. I'm just sayin'...

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

Show Off
#311re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/25/06 at 8:35pm

When I first saw the show in September I really wanted to see Laura but now I'm SO glad I saw Tina.I went in there not wanting to see Tina at all, and now I love her to deathhhh.

BwayDreamer09
#312re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/25/06 at 9:45pm

Anyone know what the cast was tonight? I'm going tomorrow. It'd be nice if Tina were on but I'll get over it of course if she doesn't. I really hope Amy and Christina are there. Anyone else can be out and I really won't care at all, lolz. Not that I don't love everyone of course, but yeah. Ok I'm done now.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#313re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/25/06 at 10:16pm

Tina's the cat's meow!

MandaGurl
#314re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/25/06 at 11:11pm

Tina is AWE-SOME!

-Amanda*

"No, this is the touch of class, not the touch of what you just said." -The Wedding Singer "Its like my mother always used to say, whenever you hear a strange and possible life-threatening noise coming from the dark woods outide,there is only one thing you should do. Dont tell any of the others and go invsetigate it alone." All the men in my life keep getting killed by Candarian demons, all my college boyfriends and my one night stands, my male co-workers and platonic gay friends (HEY)." -EVIL DEAD THE MUSICAL

admanrich Profile Photo
admanrich
#315re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/26/06 at 12:17am

Christina and Nicolette were out for the matinee, but other than that it was full cast-- not sure about the night show.

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#316re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/26/06 at 1:30am

Night show...Kevin Kern was on for Robbie and Christina was still out. Stephen should be back tomorrow though, he had a massive headache was all. I thought Eric LaJuan Summers was going to be out because he left after the matinee with suitcases, but McGurk was sick and I didn't actually see the board or the show,(just talked to Kevin after the night show as I was passing by) but i will assume kern might be Ricky tomorrow.

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

BwayDreamer09
#317re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/26/06 at 6:24am

Thanks everybody. I'll post later if anything special happens re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

TWSFan4Ever
#318re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/26/06 at 10:29am

off-topic, but i didn't wanna start a new thread:

ok, i'm thinking of convincing my parents for next summer to take a trip to NYC, now, i'm just thinking basically 4 shows to see, 2 the first day (Saturday), 2 the second day (Sunday).

Now, these are what I've got already:
Mary Poppins
Tarzan
Legally Blonde

I need another! Don't suggest WICKED because they are sold out through the summer...thanks for anything, and sry i posted this here, but, i didn't want to annoy people and start a whole new, pointless thread.

also, this will be my first time going to NYC, so, suggest a show that'll thrill me! haha, sadly Wedding Singer will be gone, or else that'd be the fourth show in the list...

MandaGurl
#319re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/26/06 at 11:14am

Well does it have to be on broadway? Cause there are a lot of fantastic off-broadway shows playing, one of my favs right now is evil dead, but its not for every one, just horror fans, if you're a horror fan, I'd recomend it. I think you should look into some of the awesome off-broadway shows..um and lets see as far as on broadway goes...The Color Purple is fantastic!

-Amanda*

"No, this is the touch of class, not the touch of what you just said." -The Wedding Singer "Its like my mother always used to say, whenever you hear a strange and possible life-threatening noise coming from the dark woods outide,there is only one thing you should do. Dont tell any of the others and go invsetigate it alone." All the men in my life keep getting killed by Candarian demons, all my college boyfriends and my one night stands, my male co-workers and platonic gay friends (HEY)." -EVIL DEAD THE MUSICAL

Show Off
#320re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/26/06 at 11:22am

The Drowsy Chaperone was GREAT. It was funny and had great music, and all the people in it were amazing. It's really fun and when I saw it I was almost all the way in the back but I could still see really well. I haven't seen A Chorus Line yet, but I love it. It's not something everyone will like though, but I love the music and I think it has an interesting story. But I'd suggest TDC.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#321re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/26/06 at 11:43am

re: i doubt... from Phantom2
on 11/25/06 @ 11:08:33 PM

She doesn't have an agenda. She's real deal. Was since Mamma Mia! Sorry if you don't like the girl next door types. Then again, I doubt you even like girls.

Just thought you'd all like to know what kind of character we're dealing with when we speak with Phantom. Some people just can't get over the fact that not everyone likes Tina so they need to take it to PMs to try and convince them otherwise. Sad, really. Especially the homophobic remark at the end.

Really makes you think about Maddigan fans, doesn't it?

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

bwayondabrain
#322re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/26/06 at 12:59pm

that was a bit far, Phantom

and i love Tina, but still prefer Laura

anyways, i'm back from my trip to Disney! 4 days was too long without the internet :) but yeah, many WS moments on my trip, it was cool

so lemme just catch up, and read this thread :)

btw, i want a picture with Robyn now!

TWSFan4Ever
#323re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/26/06 at 1:01pm

that was too far, Phantom!

Tchi4Lif188
#324re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 11/26/06 at 1:33pm

yea, phantom, i mean, its great that you support tina so much, but dont go so far with it! you know im a laura fan, but i would NEVER go that far with you. thats all i have to say about that. lol.

Videos