News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2- Page 33

Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#800re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/11/06 at 10:23pm

o, i saw your post, and i am EXTREMELY upset at how little time is left. and i cant wait to see blake in legally blonde. its jut not ws, lol.

"Wishes come true, not free..."

DrunkyMcWasted Profile Photo
DrunkyMcWasted
#801re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/12/06 at 3:36pm

Not sure if anyone heard, but they're filming the show for the Lincoln Center archives today.

l love you without knowing how... or when... or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride.
I love you because I know no other way than this.

I believe in fate
But it's up to us to follow through

MistressoftheHouse
#802re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/12/06 at 3:39pm

OMG! That's awesome!

What exactly happens to the videos then? Are they ever released to the public or just saved for preservation sake?

Avatar credit goes to _shiksagoddess_ on livejournal.com.

DrunkyMcWasted Profile Photo
DrunkyMcWasted
#803re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/12/06 at 4:05pm

You can watch them at Lincoln Center Library. You can't take them home or anything, but you can view them.

l love you without knowing how... or when... or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride.
I love you because I know no other way than this.

I believe in fate
But it's up to us to follow through

Show Off
#804re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/12/06 at 4:11pm

I don't know if anyone has heard this, but is it true that Nicolette is going back to Rent to play Maureen in January?

Yankeefan007
#805re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/12/06 at 4:22pm

The Lincoln Center videos are movie-quality recordings of various productions - multiple cameras, great sound, etc. Shows like Wedding Singer (read: financial flops) rarely get filmed, as it costs a good $200k to record and edit the show for the archives.

The only way to view them is if you have a good reason to: you're directing a production, writing a paper on it, etc. They're very strict (and for good reason, they don't want Equity on their tails). You sign a good amount of forms...details...details...details, and you only get to watch the tape once in your life.

MistressoftheHouse
#806re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/12/06 at 4:34pm

Oh wow, that's kind of hardcore.

So why do you think they're doing this if it costs so much? Or maybe some financial backer came in and offered to pay? 'Cause really, I'm surprised they'd want to or even be able to spend that kind of money for something like this, as cool as it is.

#807re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/12/06 at 4:43pm

Maybe they are filming because its going out on tour next year. Its currently listed on the Broadway Across America site under touring shows (with 1 booking already).

ikmbway
#807re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/12/06 at 5:06pm

While reading the top of this thread I am like I must go to the archives. Then as I go on I lose that because I realize I don't have any reason to watch it. Once in your lifetime? That stinks.

bwayondabrain
#808re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/12/06 at 5:18pm

Oh that would be awesome if Nicolette joined RENT! I would seriously go see that show again if she was Maureen! Then I could see her moon the audience :) SWEET!
Hope that rumor is true!

ikmbway
#809re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/12/06 at 5:21pm

Me too because there is a chance I will be seeing RENT again in January!

Tchi4Lif188
#810re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/12/06 at 5:44pm

that would just add another reason for me to finally go see rent! lol. haha, and random, but tango maureen deff just came on on my playlist, lol, good timing.

4 days til i finally see this show again! yay! i miss it soo much. re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

Maggie_May
#811re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/12/06 at 6:11pm

According to RENT fans she is taking over for Maggie in Jan. I saw her when she was an understudy in the beginning of the year and she was great.

Show Off
#812re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/12/06 at 6:30pm

If she is taking over for Maggie I DEFINITELY need to see it. Maggie is my favorite Maureen, so Nicolette has huge shoes to fill, and if I could pick anyone previously in Rent to play Maureen it'd be Nicolette. GodIneedtoseethis.

Yankgrl46
#813re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/12/06 at 6:31pm

Any cast changes this week?

A friend of mine and myself are going on Thursday night for one last night of Wedding Singer fun before it closes. I have only seen Tina as Julia and was blown away by her charm.
Updated On: 12/12/06 at 06:31 PM

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#814re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/12/06 at 6:41pm

none that I know of...but I could be wrong...

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#815re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/12/06 at 6:50pm

I agree. Tina is charming. Not to mention funny, smart and beautiful!

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
Updated On: 12/12/06 at 06:50 PM

Tchi4Lif188
#816re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/12/06 at 7:00pm

i guess ill ask this now since its getting close. is there any cast member that plans on being out sat or sun (other than for legally blonde)?

2day4u9704301 Profile Photo
2day4u9704301
#817re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/12/06 at 7:38pm

In case anyone wants a date, I heard Nicolette will be taking over for Maggie in Rent on January 11th.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#818re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/12/06 at 7:46pm

That's my birthday! Hehe. I'll definitely go see Rent again if that's true.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#819re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/12/06 at 9:39pm

Aaand, I killed the thread. Oops.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#820re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/12/06 at 9:46pm

cant wait to see her maureen! shes amazing!! :)

Yankeefan007
#821re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/12/06 at 9:47pm

Regarding the Lincoln Center Library, you can always lie. It's not like they're calling anybody to verify....of course if it's for personal enjoyment and suddenly a paper come sup about that, you're screwed..

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#822re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/12/06 at 9:48pm

I may try and rush this weekend...if I can find someone to go with me. How's rush on the weekends been lately?. Do you think I should wait until like the 27th or 28th or do you think rush will be more crowded because of closing week? I really don't want to freeze there hours in advance.

MistressoftheHouse
#823re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/12/06 at 10:54pm

Yankee, since you mentioned the cost of a taping for the Lincoln Center and seem to know a lot about the whole process, why do you think a show that's already lost so much money would want to pay so much to do this? I'd think they'd want to save where they could at this point... Is there something really great gained by having it in the archives?

And obviously, I'm sad the show's lost so much money, but it is true. I don't want anyone to think I'm being negative about TWS, just trying to figure this out. Hopefully you guys know I don't talk badly about it, though. re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

Videos