News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2- Page 48

Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

HollyImposter
#1175re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/28/06 at 1:16am

He has a student ID.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#1176re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/28/06 at 1:22am

Laura and Tina should share the last show. I'm just sayin'...

No other leading lady has had to do that...and neither should Laura. The role was given to her fair and square. No matter how many times a standby went on...it's still HER role, first and foremost and she shouldn't be robbed of her final performance...which is sure to be amazing.

ONE more person was added to my group whichis more than I can say for most people.

I don't care if it's one or twenty. Wrong is wrong. No matter how many people you've seen do it...it's wrong.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

MrAmySpanger Profile Photo
MrAmySpanger
#1177re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/28/06 at 1:24am

"One person joined us and bought two more. ONE more person was added to my group whichis more than I can say for most people."
Uhm
most people dont hold spots in line..
anyway
this fight is retarded
this thread is getting so damn beat.
can you seriously shut up.
the show is closing in 3 DAYS!
get over the dumb drama and enjoy the rest of the run.

Joshua488
#1178re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/28/06 at 1:36am

I think I'm actually kind of happy that the show is closing, even though I am a huge fan of it. I am so perturbed by the blatant lack of respect that people in the student rush lines have shown, as well as the blatant lack of respect for fellow audience members and those onstage. There's a difference between being an enthusiastic audience member and being an obnoxiously loud and distracting groupie. Unfortunately, I have seen too much of the latter at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre lately.

I am not trying to point fingers at anyone because I don't know who any of you are. I just know that I have witnessed some rude, inconsiderate behavior in the past and I am happy to see it end.

Luckydave14
#1179re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/28/06 at 1:52am

I can still remember the days when you could walk up to the theater 5 minutes before curtain and get a student rush ticket. Those were the days....

broadwaybaby086
#1180re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/28/06 at 2:09am

Ah yes, the good old days. *reminiscent sigh*

(thinks about May 2006)

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

xerotheory7803
#1181re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/28/06 at 2:41am

i miss the days when people going to broadway shows werent bitchy and obnoxious. just sayin.

bwayondabrain
#1182re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/28/06 at 6:43am

i remember the days of July when you got to the theatre at 12:15 in the afternoon and still got rush tickets...*sigh*

and yeah, i second xerotheory's remark
just one of the reasons I am leaving the board after New Years...

anyways, leaving for NYC in a few hours

bye everyone! :)

Yankeefan007
#1183re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/28/06 at 8:03am

I remember the days when you could get rush tickets at 1:55. Before people started seeing it 50 times a week....not that there's anything wrong with that, don't get me wrong.

xerotheory7803
#1184re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/28/06 at 8:12am

i know what you mean yankeefan, ive seen the show alot, but im not an asshole about it. im not loud and obnoxious. im not rude on the rushline, or anything, i just want to enjoy the show as much as anyone should. some people gotta remember, they are not the only people in the theater. for instance, last nights show, 2 people in the front row, clapped and screamed as loud as they could at random points during the show, points that dont call for applause. granted, they were nice people, i was talking to them after the show, but its not a concert, save your applause for the end of songs and curtain calls. its a shame that wedding singer fans get such a bad rep for being obnoxious because there are a few of us who actually understand its not cool to disrupt a show.

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#1185re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/28/06 at 9:37am

as much as i LOVE this show, and you all know i do, Joshua488 is right, maybe it is a good thing this show is closing because the behavior surrounding this show is getting rediculous. i mean, its a fun show, and look at how much drama its causing. its just out of control.

YankeeFan007: any chance it was ashley amber? i THINK thats the only blonde in the cast that has yet to be mentioned.

"Wishes come true, not free..."

Yankeefan007
#1186re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/28/06 at 9:41am

Could have been. In any case, it was funny to see them "off," though I didn't go up to them to bother their dinner.

I did see Tina chug a cup of green tea...I'm assuming it wasn't hot.

Maggie_May
#1187re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/28/06 at 11:53am

xerotheory -- I was at last nights show off to the left side close to those two people and I really wanted to tie that kids hands behind his back. I guess when he laughs he claps? but it was so annoying and distracting for ME so I can only imagine the distraction it caused on stage.

Best part of last's night show had to of been when Eric and Tracee knocked over the plates and they came down with a crashing sound during Not That Kind of Thing. They could not stop laughing.

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#1188re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/28/06 at 12:42pm

so i've seen this show like 7 or 8 times and need help: is felicia in the opening number, and if not, which cast member could pass as her identical twin?

thanks!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#1189re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/28/06 at 1:00pm

Felicia is in the opening number, wearing a pink dress. I thought it was Nicolette at first.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Tchi4Lif188
#1190re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/28/06 at 1:36pm

haha, i love it when ppl figure out that felicias in the opening for the first time. it took me a while to figure that out so now i tell everyone i go with, lol. and if u watch her during the best mans speech, seriously, its the best thing. shes HILARIOUS during that!

froggy2
#1191re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/28/06 at 2:22pm

Felicia is insanely fun to watch in the opening. Last night she had a giant camera at the table with her, for some odd reason. She pretended to take pictures. Random.

Can I also just take a moment to express my complete and utter adoration for Kevin Kern as Trekkie? He is absolutely hysterical during Casualty of Love - I think my favorite part was him with the tambourine. He had me sobbing with laughter.

ILoveWicked330
#1192re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/28/06 at 2:51pm

^ Felicia always has the camera when shes sitting at the table

broadwayguy2
#1193re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/28/06 at 3:11pm

therory, It was great to meet you... twice!

How about the real life "Trekkie" this morning, eh? ha!

Yesterday, I waited two hours, thankfully, I managed to get tickets. However, there was a NUMBER of people who showed up to 'saved' spots up front AND several people who decided to purchase tickets to BOTH shows... cutting off the large group of people at the back who waited HOURS for the seats as well and then could not get them, but would have.

There was some nice people, and, frankly, some rather.. well, NOT nice. I do NOt appreciate girls who saw boths hows that day, taking tickets from others who waited hours, and THEN proceed to practically jump in my lap and elbow my face to catch a prop when they probably have 50. I won't elaborate further, but believe me.. i want to!

MjwTtLvr29
#1194re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/28/06 at 6:52pm

I saw it last Saturday with my sister. We got tickets at the TKTS booth. I really wanted to see it because I knew that it was closing and that so many of you guys love it. I absolutely loved it. The songs were amazing, as well as the performances. After the show, we met our grandma at the Marriot and went to the stage door. Only Richard H. Blake and Amy Spanger came out. Apparently, they had a meeting, so the rest of the cast didn't come out. Richard and Amy went back in after signing and taking pictures for like 5 mins. It really sucks that it is closing. Such a great show!

"Everyone deserves the chance to fly!"

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#1195re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/28/06 at 6:56pm

The countdown on the official site is depressing.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

WiiCKED x3
Tchi4Lif188
#1197re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/28/06 at 8:33pm

The countdown on the official site is depressing.

yes it is! i hate that thing. i went there this morning looking for something, and it said 3 days 4 hrs and 23 min, just slightly depressing.

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#1198re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/28/06 at 8:47pm

It's down to 2 days and something else now...

Tchi4Lif188
#1199re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/28/06 at 9:25pm

i know re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2 that countdown just needs to go, lol

Videos