News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread- Page 132

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#3275Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/13/24 at 1:31pm

No, that would be creepy.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3276Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/13/24 at 6:05pm

I hope the show brings in Dylis Croman after Maddix leaves and before Milano begins. 

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3277Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/13/24 at 8:16pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "I hope the show brings in Dylis Croman after Maddix leaves and before Milano begins."

Charlotte will be Roxie from Sept. 2 -15. Odds are she calls out for half of those shows anyway.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3278Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/13/24 at 8:18pm

Not sure what to expect from Milano. However, in stunt casting, Chicago struck gold three times with Pamela Anderson, Jinkx Monsoon, and Maddix.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Ensemble1723266984
#3279Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/14/24 at 1:41am

Great to see a dedicated thread for 'Chicago'! I also saw the show a few years ago and was blown away by the cast's energy. Leigh Zimmerman and Dylis Croman were indeed stellar. I'd love to hear more about other people’s experiences and favorite cast members. The show's blend of talent and charisma is truly unforgettable!

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#3280Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/14/24 at 6:38am

This new troll account looks oddly suspicious. cheeky

Ensemble1723266984
#3281Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/16/24 at 3:13am

That's a classic Beatrice Lillie moment! Her wit was always sharp, and this story perfectly captures her playful spirit. Love how she and Noel Coward had such a brilliant rapport!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3282Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/16/24 at 1:08pm

abu islam said: "Great to see a dedicated thread for 'Chicago'! I also saw the show a few years ago and was blown away by the cast's energy. Leigh Zimmerman and Dylis Croman were indeed stellar. I'd love to hear more about other people’s experiences and favorite cast members. The show's blend of talent and charisma is truly unforgettable!"

Friends with Patti LuPone FANatic?

BrodyFosse123
#3283Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/16/24 at 1:16pm

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread

Updated On: 8/16/24 at 01:16 PM

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#3284Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/20/24 at 9:41am

Orfeh will play Mama Morton from August 26 - September 15!

Oh look, a bibu!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#3285Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/20/24 at 9:51am

Surprised she's stepping in for such a short run.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3286Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/20/24 at 10:03am

Wonder i who they have joining after to be with Alyssa. But Orfeh is EXCITING casting for me. 

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#3287Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/20/24 at 11:23am

I hope she extends into Alyssa's run...a guy can hope!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3288Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/20/24 at 11:23am

Kad said: "Surprised she's stepping in for such a short run."

Natasha was supposed to stay until September 15, but I guess she needs to leave early. She's also been out a lot since she returned, hence why Haley Swindel has been in and out of the show covering as Mama.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#3289Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/20/24 at 11:37am

Phillytheatreguy10 said: "I hope she extends into Alyssa's run...a guy can hope!"

I'm praying to the Broadway gods that she overlaps with Alyssa's run and out of Broadway week, so I can use the normal discount for a solo ticket - win-win-win!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3290Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/20/24 at 7:31pm

ACL2006 said: "abu islam said: "Great to see a dedicated thread for 'Chicago'! I also saw the show a few years ago and was blown away by the cast's energy. Leigh Zimmerman and Dylis Croman were indeed stellar. I'd love to hear more about other people’s experiences and favorite cast members. The show's blend of talent and charisma is truly unforgettable!"

"   Huh?

macbeth Profile Photo
macbeth
#3291Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/21/24 at 4:14pm

Just bought my tickets, and early enough in the run as I have a feeling I'm going to want to go back. What long-overdue casting! Has she ever sung this material before in concert?

BrodyFosse123
#3292Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/21/24 at 4:49pm

macbeth said: "Just bought my tickets, and early enough in the run as I have a feeling I'm going to want to go back. What long-overdue casting! Has she ever sung this material before in concert?"

Not yet, at least. kiss

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3293Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/24/24 at 3:46pm

Max Clayton got called in today to play Billy Flynn as Max Von Essen is out with COVID. Max Clayton will be Billy through Tuesday.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3294Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/24/24 at 5:31pm

ACL2006 said: "Max Clayton got called in today to play Billy Flynn as Max Von Essen is out with COVID. Max Clayton will be Billy through Tuesday."  Does this mean that both Jeff Gorti and Barrett Martin (both Billy Flynn understudies) were not available for some reason?  

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3295Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/24/24 at 5:34pm

Jeff was in for the matinee, Barrett was not.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#3296Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/28/24 at 8:35pm

Chicago anything? My cousin is in town and wants to see Ariana before she leaves 9/1.

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3297Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/28/24 at 10:15pm

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C_PIbX9xGoM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link    A little dance segment with Orfeh, Robyn Hurder and Max Clayton.  Instagram.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3298Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 9/1/24 at 2:13pm

We sometimes hear about a principal player in a  musical being unable to continue mid-show and be replaced by an understudy/standby, etc.  To what extent has that happened with "Chicago"?  Does anyone have any instances where a Billy Flynn, Roxie or Velma was unable to complete a show?  

BrodyFosse123
#3299Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 9/1/24 at 4:23pm

During the original cast run of the 1996 revival, Ann Reinking wasn’t feeling well during Act 1 so she chose to skip out Act 2. Her standby, Nancy Hess, had already been dismissed for that performance (she had to call in before each performance), and was doing errands when she got the call she needed to go on for Ann for Act 2 so she had to drop everything and bolt to the Shubert Theatre. Intermission was extended a few extra minutes until Nancy was ready. 

Videos