News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 116

Hamilton Cancellation Line

franch2
#2875Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/20/16 at 3:55pm

rangersrule132 said: "Please do not spend the money on the show it is not worth it and it is something you can deffintely sit on until Lin leaves. The show is great but not worth anywhere near what resale is going for even 5 mins before show time. As someone who just spent 4 days in the cancellation line, just wait it out. It's going to be around for a long time. Again please do not buy into the scalpers false hype of this show 

"

maybe you would have appreciated it more if you weren't camping outside for four days.

allthatjazz3
#2876Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/21/16 at 12:52am

Hello all! I have decided to take the plunge and try my luck at getting cancelation tickets with my cousin next week. I'm excited for the experience of trying- regardless of if we get them or not, but I do have a few questions (that may have been answered- I've read through a lot of this board, but if I'm already going to be spending 3 days of my life waiting in a line- can't also spend 3 days reading every message ever posted in this 116 page thread- hahaha) 

ANYWAY. Questions. 

1. I've read a lot of people saying to bring either pool floaties/ small camping mattresses, and also sleeping bags- which of those 2 things is more imperative?? are both?? Can you live with a pool floaty and just a blanket or two? or JUST the sleeping bag?( trying to pack (and spend) light for this trip!) 

2. Speaking of spending light. My travel buddy and I are having a hard time justifying paying for a hotel for ALL of the nights that we'll be sleeping on the sidewalk- is this a MUST you think? Have any of you gone without one??  will we hate everything if we don't have this place to go during breaks?? Right now I've been looking in to YMCA's/ Gyms that give one day passes for the occasional shower, and then booking a hotel when it seems likely we'll be getting tickets that day. 

I'm very new to this type of situation/ message boards so excuse me if my questions are ignorant. I've enjoyed reading this board and have gathered some very useful information from it thus far!! 

Emma MK
#2877Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/21/16 at 2:08am

allthatjazz3 said: "1. I've read a lot of people saying to bring either pool floaties/ small camping mattresses, and also sleeping bags- which of those 2 things is more imperative?? are both?? Can you live with a pool floaty and just a blanket or two? or JUST the sleeping bag?

2. Speaking of spending light. My travel buddy and I are having a hard time justifying paying for a hotel for ALL of the nights that we'll be sleeping on the sidewalk- is this a MUST you think? Have any of you gone without one??  will we hate everything if we don't have this place to go during breaks?? Right now I've been looking in to YMCA's/ Gyms that give one day passes for the occasional shower, and then booking a hotel when it seems likely we'll be getting tickets that day.
"

1. I tried both and actually slept for longer in my sleeping bag on the concrete that on an an inflatable mattress, but it obviously varies. I move in my sleep and the mattress kept squeaking lol

2. I did 3 nights in the cancellation line and had a hostel booked the whole time. I was coming from the UK so i had a lot of luggage and sure it was an expensive way of keeping my luggage safe, but the shower access was what i needed most. Theres no way i would have done the line without being able to shower each day, though i doubt we were as hot as some people who had walked to the theatre as we had been sat still in the shade all day. If you can find somewhere in your budget id definitely recommend it.

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#2878Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/21/16 at 2:09am

Wick3 said: "I see your point broadwayfever but I think MyFavoriteBrunette meant to say he had free time; not that his time was free. Maybe it's an age thing but I'd never break down my summer time as an hourly rate back when I was in high school/college. Nowadays is different as a working individual as most New Yorkers I know are simply busy 24/7!

Yesssssss!   I unfortunately don't have time.  Tried the line once.  Nothing came from it so decided to use money instead of more time.  I have time to pay the tickets back but not the time needed to stay in line for days.  

lisamaria
#2879Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/21/16 at 12:10pm

spent time reading through the thread....... how does the 'line' work in terms of people having to actually physically be on the line?   i've noted people having hotel rooms to shower, etc.  

is one able to physically leave the line?

sorry if this has already been addressed.

thank you in advance.

vomsy Profile Photo
vomsy
#2880Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/21/16 at 12:40pm

lisamaria said: "spent time reading through the thread....... how does the 'line' work in terms of people having to actually physically be on the line?   i've noted people having hotel rooms to shower, etc.  

is one able to physically leave the line?

sorry if this has already been addressed.

thank you in advance.
"

You will need someone in line to hold your spot for you if you want to take breaks for whatever reason. That can be another member of your group or I suppose you could negotiate with someone else in line to briefly hold your spot, I wouldn't count on that though. This link may have been shared before but someone on Tunblr shared their line tips here: http://notemily.tumblr.com/post/145632337659/hamilton-cancellation-line-advice

Does anyone know if there is an "official" Hamilton cancellation line hashtag? My brother and I will be heading to NYC next week to give the line a shot and I'm hoping there might be another way to track wait times and line length other than this thread.

Updated On: 6/21/16 at 12:40 PM

ashk8177
#2881Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/21/16 at 1:25pm

"You will need someone in line to hold your spot for you if you want to take breaks for whatever reason. That can be another member of your group or I suppose you could negotiate with someone else in line to briefly hold your spot, I wouldn't count on that though."

When I tried the line I just told the people I was in front of and behind that I had to eat and use the restroom, and didn't have any trouble. No negotiation required. I did the same when they had to get out of line.  If you wait long enough everyone is going to have to leave at least briefly at some point. I guess it would be safer to have someone in a group with you to hold it, but in my experience it wasn't completely necessary. 

Margo319
#2882Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/21/16 at 2:13pm

WhatComesNext Profile Photo
WhatComesNext
#2883Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/21/16 at 7:40pm

What's the official policy on line sitters now?

Updated On: 6/30/16 at 07:40 PM

kr123
#2884cast member sightings at RRT
Posted: 6/22/16 at 12:10am

This is a tangent but I'll be in NYC on July 9 with my daughter and I thought we might hang out at the RR Theater on that day to try to catch a glimpse of Lin, Philippa (her fave), any other cast members coming and going.  Our tickets are for July 13, so, not ideal timing as she is obsessed with the original cast.  We know we'll still see a great show but an added bonus would be to see Lin/ Philippa/Leslie/whoever else is leaving/ as well.

For those of you who have waited in the line - do you see cast members arriving at the theater before the show? Any advice for those of us hoping for a sighting? Thank you! 

ammurp
#2885cast member sightings at RRT
Posted: 6/22/16 at 12:22am

kr123 said: "This is a tangent but I'll be in NYC on July 9 with my daughter and I thought we might hang out at the RR Theater on that day to try to catch a glimpse of Lin, Philippa (her fave), any other cast members coming and going.  Our tickets are for July 13, so, not ideal timing as she is obsessed with the original cast.  We know we'll still see a great show but an added bonus would be to see Lin/ Philippa/Leslie/whoever else is leaving/ as well.

For those of you who have waited in the line - do you see cast members arriving at the theater before the show? Any advice for those of us hoping for a sighting? Thank you! 

"

I predict it is going to be INSANE around the RRT on the 9th so I'm not sure other's experiences will accurately mirror what you'd experience that day. Unfortunately as of late Lin has mentioned on Twitter that it's getting quite scary outside the theatre so if he doesn't already make his way in through the back alley, I wouldn't expect to see him do more than very very quickly run into the theatre (same with others).

But if that's all you are looking for, I'd suggest arriving very early! 

pnewelljr
#2886cast member sightings at RRT
Posted: 6/22/16 at 8:17am

What is the cheapest back back seat tickets can be had 5 min before a performance? What is the best place to look? Stubhub?

ashk8177
#2887cast member sightings at RRT
Posted: 6/22/16 at 9:36am

pnewelljr said: "What is the cheapest back back seat tickets can be had 5 min before a performance? What is the best place to look? Stubhub?

I would check stubub and ticketmaster. At first glance stubhub appears cheaper (in my experience), but they tack on $100-$200 per ticket in fees (maybe more now). In the upper right corner there is an option on SH to search for the price after fee. I would do that, as it is a much better representation of how much you will actually pay. I think TM does that automatically, but not positive. I wouldn't count on a huge decrease for the next couple weeks though. I haven't seen the prices get below $1000 in a while (before fees are added). 

sharilynj
#2888cast member sightings at RRT
Posted: 6/22/16 at 10:28am

Stubhub last-minute has been getting down to around the $500 range some days, but it's hit and miss, and it's often single tickets. The upside: they're often good seats that are only left over because they were overpriced to start with. Fees on Stubhub depend on the ticket price -- it's a percentage, not a straight fee. So a fee on a $500 ticket will be lower than the fee on a $1000 ticket. 

daijop
#2889Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/22/16 at 10:41am

My work schedule will not allow me to do cancellation line but I am still dying to see with the original cast.  If anyone who is doing the line could get me a ticket as their +1 I would pay for the tickets plus a little extra. If there is a couple waiting and would be willing to get 2 extras I'd love to bring one of my kids too.  I would love to go tonight, Friday night, or either Saturday performance.  If anyone is interested please PM me.  Thank you! 

Tinabocc
#2890Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/22/16 at 12:33pm

Hi there! I'm new here and just learning the boards. I'm heading now into cancellation line hoping for tickets for Friday or Saturday. Any advice?  Does this seem possible?

good luck to all those amazing perseverent hamilton fans!!!

Updated On: 6/22/16 at 12:33 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2891Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/22/16 at 12:43pm

daijop said: "My work schedule will not allow me to do cancellation line but I am still dying to see with the original cast."

They're gone. They've been gone. You need a time machine.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

daijop
#2892Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/22/16 at 12:55pm

"They're gone. They've been gone. You need a time machine."

Sorry, I do realize Groff is gone, I mean the people still there.  I have tickets in October that I got almost a year ago but I want to see as much of the original cast as possible.  A time machine would be awesome though!

rangersrule132
#2893Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/22/16 at 2:10pm

I don't know if this is still on the line but it was made the day I got in which was last Friday. My wait ended up being 80 hours and was not terrible at all. It's honestly not a bad experience. Obviously if you have a full time 9-5 job Monday through Friday this doesn't work for you but as a college student, I have the flexibility to be able to have a great experience around such amazing like minded people. I would easily do this over again. For people planning on braving this line it's pretty simple what you need to bring. I picked up a memory foam like yoga mat and a sleeping bag from a thrift shop for a combined 7 dollars. The most money I spent ended up being on all the travel size toiletries like, bug spray, mouth wash, tooth paste, tooth brush, mints, deodorant, face wipes and baby wipes. Baby wipes and face cleaning wipes are especially helpful if you are unable to get to a shower during your stay on the line. I packed everything I had into one north face backpack. All I brought clothing wise was  my theatre clothes which was a pair of jeans a flannel and a graphic tee(again, all in one backpack so I couldn't go all out). Two days worth of clothes two pairs of basketball shorts, sweatpants, a light pull over crewneck, and a very light rain coat. as for food I lived off of chipotle and quest protein bars which pretty much came in clutch every time I felt my body slowly dying. Again it was a great experience with awesome people. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.

Updated On: 6/22/16 at 02:10 PM

ashk8177
#2894Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/22/16 at 2:37pm

sharilynj said: "Stubhub last-minute has been getting down to around the $500 range some days, but it's hit and miss, and it's often single tickets. The upside: they're often good seats that are only left over because they were overpriced to start with. Fees on Stubhub depend on the ticket price -- it's a percentage, not a straight fee. So a fee on a $500 ticket will be lower than the fee on a $1000 ticket. 

Unfortunately that is only the case for the seller, where the fee is always 10%. I contacted SH to ask about the fee policy for buyers after I saw a $270 fee on a $200 ticket (I kid you not). They gave me a very shady answer that said the fee depends on supply, demand, etc. There is no set percentage and they charge whatever fee they feel like for the buyer. Sorry my bitterness, this is a sore spot with me! ha

alicity
#2895Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/22/16 at 4:23pm

allthatjazz3 said: "
1. I've read a lot of people saying to bring either pool floaties/ small camping mattresses, and also sleeping bags- which of those 2 things is more imperative?? are both?? Can you live with a pool floaty and just a blanket or two? or JUST the sleeping bag?( trying to pack (and spend) light for this trip!) 

I'm very new to this type of situation/ message boards so excuse me if my questions are ignorant. I've enjoyed reading this board and have gathered some very useful information from it thus far!! 
"

1. I just did the sleeping bag. It wasn't too bad. You are sleeping on the sidwalk so the ground is hard. However, it's not like camping where you have uneven dirt and small rocks. I think the camping mattress may be more comfortable. And one blanket my surfice since the weather is getting warming. Check the weather though. 

2. I also went without a hotel. It would have been nice, but like you said, you are spending most of the time outside. Luckily my wait was only 2 nights and someone let me use their gym guest pass. I think what you have planned, a pass to a gym is a solid idea and perhaps a night at a hostel the night of the show.  

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#2896Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/22/16 at 4:29pm

I saw the sign.  People were posing with it for photos on Saturday when my husband and I walked passed the RRT

Updated On: 6/22/16 at 04:29 PM

rangersrule132
#2897Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/22/16 at 4:32pm

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "I saw the sign.  People were posing with it for photos on Saturday when my husband and I walked passed the RRT

H great I'm glad it's still around!

"

lelee092
#2898Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/22/16 at 9:23pm

On my way to do the line now, should get there by midnight can anyone confirm that they're still only letting 20 do the line? If so where are the rest of the people forming?

chilly
#2899Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/22/16 at 9:25pm

Is there anyone out there in the field that can provide an updated line/wait time/ticket distribution status?

i just saw a tweet that spoke of a 4 day and counting wait! yikes!

Videos