News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 115

Hamilton Cancellation Line

kbeth
#2850Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/18/16 at 3:09am

So to be extra safe, I changed my bus tickets so I arrive Tuesday at 4 pm and leave Saturday at 4 pm..... I assume I should be okay with getting a ticket by Friday night at least??? God help me lol. I'm so kicking myself for waiting until the last minute for this.

Luigiamarco
#2851Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/18/16 at 8:57am

Once again, guys, thanks for the advice. We decided against the stage door and we went to see The Crucible with cheap TKTS tickets that was more than worth it. I really enjoyed the production even if the concept was a little off-tone for me. The acting was incredible. We'll see Hamilton eventually but I'm pushing 30 and these 3 day waits are a young person's game. Hamilton Cancellation Line

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#2852Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/18/16 at 9:23am

kbeth said: "So to be extra safe, I changed my bus tickets so I arrive Tuesday at 4 pm and leave Saturday at 4 pm..... I assume I should be okay with getting a ticket by Friday night at least??? God help me lol. I'm so kicking myself for waiting until the last minute for this."

You'll know the answer by the time you arrive at RRT to join the line and see how many people are in front of you. RRT releases a different # of cancellation tickets each day so it's best not to make any assumptions. Good luck though!

Adgirl200
#2853Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/18/16 at 10:38am

After waiting in line and not making it in I went the next day to the Marriott Marquis and purchased tickets through stub hub.  The Marquis has public wifi in their 8th floor lobby and a fed ex business center where you can print tickets, and it is directly next to the RRT.  Within one hour before the show the prices on any remaining tickets start to drop considerably.  Don't get me wrong, you will still overpay and it is kind of gross that the additional $$ are not benefiting the show in any way, but such are the economics of these tickets lately.  It is kind of a game to figure out how low the prices will go against how many other people are doing the same thing as you but if you are patient (and aware it might not work) you can get tickets for much better prices than if you buy resale ahead of time.  I bought my tickets at 6:45, printed them out and my kids walked into the show by 6:55.  

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#2854Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/18/16 at 12:28pm

Adgirl200 said:  bought my tickets at 6:45, printed them out and my kids walked into the show by 6:55.  

This is the FedEx Kinkos that closes at 7pm so it wouldn't be an option for 8pm performances, but what Adgirl200 has explained it definitely an option I always considered.

Emma MK
#2855Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/18/16 at 6:07pm

Just survived at 67.5 hour wait for tickets. Got in today's matinee and had row G of the orchestra, which was incredible! And I was sat directly behind Leiv Schreiber, which was pretty cool! I had a fantastic time in line and have so many amazing memories of my trip thanks to y'all who were there with me! I'm looking forward to flying back to the uk tomorrow and sleeping in a bed though lol

No premium or lottery came out today and I think it was 3 pairs of regular and 1 pair of standing overall.

Grats to all of you who see this that got in last night!

marenarasauce
#2856Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/18/16 at 10:06pm

So I've read that people who can't wait in line sometimes find people waiting in line for one ticket and pay them to get the second ticket ...this would be great for me because I'm going to NYC next week but don't have time to do the line (though I totally would love to!) People who have done the line - is this a thing that people do? Would I be able to find someone willing to snag that extra ticket for me or should I give up on my dream of seeing the OBC forever?

gatorgirl2
#2857Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/18/16 at 10:14pm

marenarasauce said: "So I've read that people who can't wait in line sometimes find people waiting in line for one ticket and pay them to get the second ticket ...this would be great for me because I'm going to NYC next week but don't have time to do the line (though I totally would love to!) People who have done the line - is this a thing that people do? Would I be able to find someone willing to snag that extra ticket for me or should I give up on my dream of seeing the OBC forever?

"

This is something people do. However, I've tried doing it for my upcoming trip in two days and haven't had anyone take me up on the offer yet. My guess is with the extra long wait people just aren't willing to buddy up with someone not willing to wait with them. Which is understandable lol 

But if anyone is waiting on line for June 21 or June 22 and wants their ticket paid for hit me up! cheeky

marenarasauce
#2858Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/18/16 at 10:37pm

Yeah, I'm worried that the whole line will resent me but it still might be worth a try?? Maybe?? I mean anything goes at this point, everyone for themselves :)

Hmu if you're waiting on line for June 24 or 25 and want your ticket paid for. Or my soul or really anything at this point I'll do anything to see Lin.

Martin4au
#2859Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/19/16 at 8:43pm

I would be careful about budding up with a stranger. As someone who did a 2 night wait it would have been hard for me to buy my +1 for a stranger to just walk up. You have a shared bond with the people you spend the time with in line, so it would be hard to displace one of these people for a random stranger. Hamilton Cancellation Line

During my 2 nights, there were only 2 people who just showed up to hop in with someone who had been sitting in the line getting an extra ticket for them.  Everyone else spent significant amount of time in line with their friend just not everyone slept on the street .  The only other exception was the line sitters clients.

Funny thing is when I did my two nights it was unusual and that was just three weeks ago!

rangersrule132
#2860Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/19/16 at 9:41pm

gr0uphug said: "(part 2)

before a show, they have the first 20 stick around to wait for any tickets that become available (sometimes only minutes before the show or as it's starting). beforehand, we took a vid of everyone's order. after the show starts, the rest of the 20 who didn't get tickets and everyone after 20 are free to disperse and come back at the end of the show (just make sure you have a vid! it's also a good idea to have a few people stick around the area at a time to tell any new people what the deal is. everyone's pretty friendly and understanding). during the show is when you'd get an extended break. I went to shower, change, charge my phone, etc... if you're visiting, have someplace to go (friend's, hotel...) 

these post departure announcement weeks have been CRAZY. only 1-5ish tickets have been given out per show, as opposed to 15ish in previous weeks. 

don't do this if you're not prepared to wait for DAYS. at least two nights. maybe three.

don't do this if you're a light sleeper (light, noise, heat...) or don't function well on little sleep (aka be young lol, I'm gettin too old for this ****).

if you're still down for all that, GOOD LUCK!!! if not, wait until Lin leaves and things calm down a bit. whoever you see in the show in the future will be amazing, the production is a work of art and genius. and they're gonna film the original cast!

<3!

"

Julie you ended up winning the lottery so it doesn't even matter lol 

marenarasauce
#2861Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/19/16 at 10:06pm

Martin4au said: "I would be careful about budding up with a stranger. As someone who did a 2 night wait it would have been hard for me to buy my +1 for a stranger to just walk up. You have a shared bond with the people you spend the time with in line, so it would be hard to displace one of these people for a random stranger. Hamilton Cancellation Line

During my 2 nights, there were only 2 people who just showed up to hop in with someone who had been sitting in the line getting an extra ticket for them.  Everyone else spent significant amount of time in line with their friend just not everyone slept on the street .  The only other exception was the line sitters clients.

Funny thing is when I did my two nights it was unusual and that was just three weeks ago!

"

That's a really good point, thanks for the input. Yeah that makes sense, I guess I will try my luck with the lottery and keep an eye our for low prices right before the show even though I hate the idea of giving so much money to scalpers! desperate times

rangersrule132
#2862Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/19/16 at 10:13pm

marenarasauce said: "Martin4au said: "I would be careful about budding up with a stranger. As someone who did a 2 night wait it would have been hard for me to buy my +1 for a stranger to just walk up. You have a shared bond with the people you spend the time with in line, so it would be hard to displace one of these people for a random stranger. Hamilton Cancellation Line

"

That's a really good point, thanks for the input. Yeah that makes sense, I guess I will try my luck with the lottery and keep an eye our for low prices right before the show even though I hate the idea of giving so much money to scalpers! desperate times

"

Please do not spend the money on the show it is not worth it and it is something you can deffintely sit on until Lin leaves. The show is great but not worth anywhere near what resale is going for even 5 mins before show time. As someone who just spent 4 days in the cancellation line, just wait it out. It's going to be around for a long time. Again please do not buy into the scalpers false hype of this show 

Updated On: 6/19/16 at 10:13 PM

ammurp
#2863Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/20/16 at 1:17am

rangersrule132 said:
Please do not spend the money on the show it is not worth it and it is something you can deffintely sit on until Lin leaves. The show is great but not worth anywhere near what resale is going for even 5 mins before show time. As someone who just spent 4 days in the cancellation line, just wait it out. It's going to be around for a long time. Again please do not buy into the scalpers false hype of this show 

You just invested almost 100 hours waiting for the show and are telling someone that it isn't worth spending their money on? That's...interesting

MyFavoriteBrunette
#2864Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/20/16 at 1:31am

ammurp said: You just invested almost 100 hours waiting for the show and are telling someone that it isn't worth spending their money on? That's...interesting

Perhaps because his time was free and didn't cost anything extra.  It's what value represents to an individual.  It can be time or money that is most valuable.      

MyFavoriteBrunette
#2865Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/20/16 at 1:31am

DUPLICATE

Updated On: 6/21/16 at 01:31 AM

broadwayfever
#2866Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/20/16 at 4:53am

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "Perhaps because his time was free and didn't cost anything extra.  It's what value represents to an individual.  It can be time or money that is most valuable."

Time is never free. As the saying goes, time is money. One way of looking at it is what do you think your time is worth. How much are you worth an hour? If someone is willing to wait 100 hours for a ticket that might cost them $1,000 on StubHub, then they're basically paying themselves to line sit for a rate of $10 an hour. Then if you buy a ticket for $177, your hourly rate (self value) drops down to around $8 an hour.

Back when it was a 24 to 36 hour wait, it was worth it. However, this 80 to 100 hour wait is just ridiculous and definitely not worth the time invested....when it comes to self value/worth.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#2867Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/20/16 at 7:10am

I see your point broadwayfever but I think MyFavoriteBrunette meant to say he had free time; not that his time was free. Maybe it's an age thing but I'd never break down my summer time as an hourly rate back when I was in high school/college. Nowadays is different as a working individual as most New Yorkers I know are simply busy 24/7!

cpb2
#2868Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/20/16 at 7:45am

So - I was hoping to get on the line at 4 am on Wednesday morning - for a Wednesday performance. I'm guessing now that this is totally unrealistic. How long is the line now at 7:45 am Monday?

I am very appreciative of this thread - I'm taking my daughter with me and I'd hate to go through all the trouble with her for nothing.

Good luck to everyone there!!!

Hamiltwins
#2869Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/20/16 at 8:04am

Hello! My twin and I will be in NYC by 2, in the line by 2:15. Hoping to get a Wednesday night. Bus home that Thursday, so we can't extend our trip. We already added a day to get up to 54 hours that we will be in line. Seeing as there's a 67 avg wait now, we are frantic. If anyone is in line hoping to get tickets for Tuesday or either Wednesday and can consider buying 2, please PM. Willing to pay $200 for the +1 ticket. We are willing to see the show on different nights of need be. Staying at the ROW, happy to let you borrow our amenities (like I said- PM). Either way, though, we are going to to our luck. If anyone is going to be in line today- Wednesday and wants to PM about being line buddies, we're both down and excited. Any advice from seasoned line people? Anyone there now who can comment on how the line looks right now? Do they take cash or credit for the cancellation tickets? What is the wifi situation? Thanks so much from two desperate twins who had had quite the go of things so far this summer. 

ammurp
#2870Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/20/16 at 8:45am

They accept cash and credit and while you can try to connect to the theatres wifi, it sucks. At least it didn't work well for me. 

verdigris
#2871Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/20/16 at 9:02am

Sorry for being a bit off topic, but I didn't want to clog the board with another Hamilton thread. I have a ticket for Hamilton in November (in the rear mezz row D, it cost about US$150). Unfortunately my travel plans have changed and I can no longer use it. I'm considering asking TM for a refund, but I don't know how lenient they will be. If they don't agree to one, what would be my best way to sell? I'm Australian so I can't use Stub Hub or TM resale (you need a US address / credit card). Plus I won't get the PDF ticket till September when the delay is lifted. Would I be best selling it online, or waiting till I am there and seeing if anyone on the cancellation line wants to buy it? I'm not really wanting to make a profit, I really just want my money back :)

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#2872Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/20/16 at 9:51am

If you're going to be in NYC anyway but not able to see the show I would just wait until you're here and have ticket in hand and try and and sell it to someone in person. Seems like a lot of work to try and sell it online from Australia if you're unable to use StubHub or TM Resale - that leaves, what, eBay and Craigslist? Which are the ones everyone is always warned away from using, because of the high rates of fraud.

So, I walked by the theatre this morning (about 9am, Monday 6/20), and: where was the line? I don't know if it's because there's such a huge gap between Sun matinee and Tue evening shows, or what, but I counted exactly ten people on line. And I looked across the street too, what with all of the posts about the line sometimes being in front of the Edison, etc., and maybe I missed it but I saw no line there either.

And I'm reading this right now:

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/new-york/hamilton-on-broadway-behind-the-scenes-on-the-ticket-line

casedilla2
#2873Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/20/16 at 2:56pm

Anakela said: "And I'm reading this right now:

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/new-york/hamilton-on-broadway-behind-the-scenes-on-the-ticket-line
"

Ha, I was interviewed for this article and am mentioned in the last paragraph!

JustVisiting
#2874Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/20/16 at 3:40pm

Anakela said: "If you're going to be in NYC anyway but not able to see the show I would just wait until you're here and have ticket in hand and try and and sell it to someone in person. Seems like a lot of work to try and sell it online from Australia if you're unable to use StubHub or TM Resale - that leaves, what, eBay and Craigslist? Which are the ones everyone is always warned away from using, because of the high rates of fraud.

So, I walked by the theatre this morning (about 9am, Monday 6/20), and: where was the line? I don't know if it's because there's such a huge gap between Sun matinee and Tue evening shows, or what, but I counted exactly ten people on line. And I looked across the street too, what with all of the posts about the line sometimes being in front of the Edison, etc., and maybe I missed it but I saw no line there either.
"

You can't judge the line by waht you see. At almost any given moment, a good chunk of the line can be off eating/changing/bathrooming. You don't have to spend every single moment in line. The only way to really know how long the line is is to ask the people in it.

Videos