News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 161

Hamilton Cancellation Line

Aaronburrsir2
#4000Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/1/17 at 7:44pm

TayTay2 said: "Willing to be a line sitter for anyone interested in Hamilton tickets for this Friday January 5th. There will be two of us, perfect for anyone needing tickets and not wanting to stand in line. 

You meant Friday January 6th? I'm interested if that's the day. 

Updated On: 1/1/17 at 07:44 PM

Valyitz
#4001Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/2/17 at 6:40pm

Hi again (sorry to keep spamming but figured I'd at least keep to the same thread)!

I still have a pair of Hamilton tickets (orchestra F 14/16) available for tomorrow's show - I'd gotten messages from a couple people but now I'm not hearing back. I paid $425 total but I'm willing to negotiate if I can sell them tonight so that they're off my mind, or even just one of them :)

Edit to add: been sold now, thanks guys! :)

Updated On: 1/2/17 at 06:40 PM

Jaded_Siren
#4002Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/3/17 at 3:54am

I know people post offering to line sit, but does anyone post looking for someone to wait with, like a line buddy? I was thinking of going sometime this week, but was wondering if anyone was interested in maybe meeting up at the theatre to wait in line?

Edit: I am so sorry! I clicked it too many times when it as loading! I reported to try and take some down.

Updated On: 1/3/17 at 03:54 AM

Jaded_Siren
#4003Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/3/17 at 4:06am

*edited- thought it was frozen so I clicked submit too many times and it submit a bunch of times, sorry! I haven't posted on here before!

fyeahmaria Profile Photo
fyeahmaria
#4004Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/3/17 at 10:32am

Me and my boyfriend are planning to join the cancellation line either Wednesday 25th of Jan, Tuesday 30th or Wednesday 1st, as we are just in need of two tickets we would be willing to get tickets for someone else as well in exchange for covering part of the costs of our tickets. I've seen the show twice before (once from cancellation line), but it'll be my boyfriends first time! PM me if anyone is interested. 

Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty.
Updated On: 1/3/17 at 10:32 AM

casedilla2
#4005Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/3/17 at 1:41pm

Last minute, but if anyone wants to see Hamilton tomorrow, January 4th - my friend and I will be waiting in cancellation and are happy to buy two additional tickets for you and a guest if you are willing to cover the cost of our tickets as well. Both of us have done the cancellation line several times and have been successful every time. Please message me for details!

zombyw00f
#4006Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/3/17 at 2:06pm

casedilla2 said: "Last minute, but if anyone wants to see Hamilton tomorrow, January 4th - my friend and I will be waiting in cancellation and are happy to buy two additional tickets for you and a guest if you are willing to cover the cost of our tickets as well. Both of us have done the cancellation line several times and have been successful every time. Please message me for details!"

Scalp much?

casedilla2
#4007Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/3/17 at 2:10pm

zombyw00f said: "casedilla2 said: "Last minute, but if anyone wants to see Hamilton tomorrow, January 4th - my friend and I will be waiting in cancellation and are happy to buy two additional tickets for you and a guest if you are willing to cover the cost of our tickets as well. Both of us have done the cancellation line several times and have been successful every time. Please message me for details!"

Scalp much?
"

It's not scalping, at all. We want to see the show and have a lot of time, but not much money, so we are willing to wait long hours in the cold to see it and get tickets for those who don't have the time to wait at a price lower than those of resale sites like Stubhub.

zombyw00f
#4008Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/3/17 at 2:11pm

Sorry, but looking for 100% markup on your tickets is the exact definition of scalping.

SarahNYC2
#4009Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/3/17 at 2:11pm

I don't think that's scalping. I'm cheap and probably wouldn't take them up on the offer. But last week I was in NYC and it's possible I might have been willing to purchase one of their tickets for getting me a ticket. I had no interest in sitting on the line all day. 

zombyw00f
#4010Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/3/17 at 2:13pm

Plus, you can do a lot better than 100% markup via Stubhub, so why take them up on the offer in the first place?

SarahNYC2
#4011Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/3/17 at 2:22pm

Can you? If the ticket is 199 dollars and I wanted a ticket for myself. I'd only be willing to pay for one of their tickets-that's 400 dollars. I haven't seen stub hub that low.  Now if I had to pay for both of their tickets plus mine I might just go with stub hub. Again for me this is hypothetical since I am not in the city. And I had thought about getting a line sitter last week and chose not to.

For me personally I was kind of intrigued by the idea of waiting on line, but being realistic it's just not for me. 

zombyw00f
#4012Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/3/17 at 2:24pm

You can usually get tickets on Stubhub at 10-15% above face if you are willing to buy them last minute (10-15 minutes before curtain).  I've seen tickets as low as $75.

ellingjt
#4013Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/3/17 at 2:24pm

zombyw00f said: "Plus, you can do a lot better than 100% markup via Stubhub, so why take them up on the offer in the first place?"

You certainly can't get Orchestra Center tickets in the first 5-10 rows for under $400 on Stubhub. I see nothing wrong with the offer.

casedilla2
#4014Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/3/17 at 2:30pm

We're not trying to make any extra money and it's totally within the rules of the line. Every time I've done this, it's been a mutually beneficial scenario. If people would rather go with trying to get last minute stubhub tickets then that's totally up to them, I'm just presenting another option that is most definitely cheaper than buying resale tickets in advance, especially if it's important to someone to have good seats. There are companies of people who sit in this line and do the same thing I do but charge additional money on top of the price of the tickets, so if anyone is a scalper in this situation, it's them.

zombyw00f
#4015Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/3/17 at 2:34pm

In my book, you are profiting by selling Hamilton tickets.  That is scalping.

superyan
#4016Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/3/17 at 2:38pm

zombyw00f said: "Sorry, but looking for 100% markup on your tickets is the exact definition of scalping.

"

Which is totally legal in the state of NY as long as you are a certain distance from the theater.   Essentially the other person is spending $200 to have some else wait in line in the freezing cold?  If I have an extra $200, it's a no brainer for me.

If she really wanted to, she could buy the tickets and just drop them off at the StubHub office a few blocks away.

meepsnyc
#4017Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/3/17 at 3:05pm

zombyw00f said: "In my book, you are profiting by selling Hamilton tickets.  That is scalping.

"

Someone's salty...

In March, I paid professional line sitters about a month's rent to get 2 premium tickets. About a month later, I took casedilla up on her offer and saw the show again after she waited in line for me. In exchange for her line sitting, I bought her tickets. I had no issue doing this, especially when Stubhub was selling much, much worse seats at a higher cost (2-3 times more expensive). I wouldn't expect her to wait in line for my tickets for free, and as previously mentioned, it's a small price to pay compared with the professional line sitter companies, which also charge a premium.

So yes, you do technically end up paying twice the cost of a ticket, but I don't see the problem with this setup, especially given the service she's doing you. As an aside, I HIGHLY recommend working with casedilla :) She's probably the biggest Hamilton fan I've ever met, and her communication was perfect the entire time she was in line!

kconciatori
#4018Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/3/17 at 3:15pm

I am considering waiting on the cancellation line later this month and since you know a lot about it I was wondering what time you suggest getting there for either the matinee or the evening performances? 

dokool
#4019Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/3/17 at 4:00pm

Just had a chat with the people at the front of today's (1/3) line. Earlybirds got in around 7:30AM. About 20 in line now. Everyone's in good spirits despite the weather, at least!

harley10
#4020Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/3/17 at 5:07pm

I am planning on standing in the cancellation line next wednesday the 11th to surprise my girlfriend with Hamilton tickets. I was just looking for some clarifications on some things. If I wait in line and am hopefully selected to purchase a ticket, I will be able to buy 2 tickets even if my girlfriend didn't stand in line with me for the duration of the day. Also, will she have to be there with me when they offer up the tickets in order for me to be able to buy 2 or will they let me buy 2 tickets and wait for her to join me? What is like line looking like these days? Is showing up around 7am for an evening show fine or will I need to show up earlier? 

CassandraReads Profile Photo
CassandraReads
#4021Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/3/17 at 7:56pm

She doesn't have to wait in the line with you. You can buy two tickets when it's your turn. She doesn't necessarily have to be there, but in my experience they sell the tickets right before the show starts so she probably will want to be there when they call you in. :) 

LaVieBoheme2
#4022Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/3/17 at 9:30pm

My friend and I will be waiting in the line for the Saturday matinee this weekend. If anyone else will be there, message me and we can keep each other company!  Or, if anyone wants 1 or 2 tickets, we'd be happy wait for you and bring you as our plus 1's if you're willing to kick in something for our tickets!  Let me know!  We are not professional line sitters, just have Hamilton fans that want to see the show again!

klebs122
#4023Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/4/17 at 8:05am

How much are tickets when you go through the cancellation line?  I am coming into town next Tuesday and would love to attempt the line or potentially if someone is willing to stand in line would be willing to discuss.  Can you let me know how early you got there and if you were successful?  Trying to gauge the timing needed.  Thank you!

Updated On: 1/4/17 at 08:05 AM

TayTay2
#4024Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/4/17 at 8:24am

Headed to NY now. Anyone needing a line sitter for This Friday's show? My daughter and I will be getting there Friday morning and can take you as our plus ones. Send me a pm if you are interested.

Videos