News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 162

Hamilton Cancellation Line

Char8
#4025Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/4/17 at 9:01am

Dokool - I was one of the first people you spoke with yesterday 1/3 in the cancellation line at 7pm. :)   The first folks that got there arrived around 7:30AM, all four got in and had ochestra seats.  The next four arrived shortly before 9AM, they also got ochestra seats.  The next two arrived at 9AM and got orchestra seating as well.   My daughter and I were next in line, we arrived shortly after 9AM and we got the last two tickets which were standing room only.   The weather wasn't too bad, not too cold but it did rain all day however, we were under cover.  They didn't start calling us in for tickets until 6:55PM.  They only take two people at a time in for tickets so my daughter and I were called in with 2 minutes to spare, curtain opens at 7:05pm.  We made it to our SRO spots just in time.  (All ochestra seats were 199.00 and our SRO tickets were 40.00 each).   All of the people we met in line were AWESOME!    We even had pizza together for lunch - pretty cool.   I would highly recommend waiting in the cancellation line but get there early.   The police officer that was controlling the line close to showtime told us he thought the first 10 would get in and then it becomes dicey after that.  My daughter and I were 11 and 12 and we made it but were the last two.   Dress warm, bring water and snacks for the line since you'll be there all day.  No one had chairs but we sat on the steps in front of the theater.  We were all under cover too so we didn't get wet.  I would also recommend staying at the Marriott Marquis if you are coming for the night.  It's right next door.    I would get there earlier next time to get seats, my only regret.  Standing was tough after being in line all day but still VERY HAPPY we got in for only 80.00 and saw the show!    Hope this helped!!!!

Updated On: 1/4/17 at 09:01 AM

ElleBurr
#4026Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/4/17 at 11:27am

Just found out a friend won't be able to make it to the city today so I have 1 spare ticket to tonight's performance at 8pm - orchestra T 4. If anyone is interested in buying it at face value ($199) please message me!

dokool
#4027Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/4/17 at 12:35pm

Update from today's matinee line: at about 12:10 they offered eight tickets, all unclaimed lotto AFAIK. So including the two box seats that went around 9:30, that's 10 of us who have gotten in so far!

craynyc
#4028Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/4/17 at 12:51pm

sweet! What time did the folks in that line start getting there? Also, if someone was standing in line but their other person wasn't there yet, were they allowed to wait for them or was everyone told to go in as soon as the tickets were given out?

dokool
#4029Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/4/17 at 1:20pm

craynyc said: "sweet! What time did the folks in that line start getting there?

First trio arrived at 5:20, I got there at 5:45. Basically everyone who was in line by 7AM got an unclaimed lotto.

Also, if someone was standing in line but their other person wasn't there yet, were they allowed to wait for them or was everyone told to go in as soon as the tickets were given out?"

It was early enough that we could buy our ticket(s) and leave to go get lunch or whatever. Both people did not need to be present AFAIK.

boonanas
#4030Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/4/17 at 1:28pm

I'm curious... what is the general occupation of most people that do this line?  Like... I guess I'm mostly talking about the local folks... not the tourists that come out and want to see Hamilton during their big trip to NYC. 

Are most of the 'die-hards' unemployed or students?  Would love to know... ASKING FOR A FRIEND

CassandraReads Profile Photo
CassandraReads
#4031Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/4/17 at 2:58pm

I'm a high school teacher :) 

labdogs42
#4032Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/4/17 at 3:46pm

So, what's the best strategy for someone wanting to get tickets?  Is Wednesday the best, since there are two performances?  Should you enter the lottery AND stand in line?  AND keep staking tickets online?  

Lottery winners get tix at $10, right?

Line gets at face value, correct? 

and possibility of last minute resale ticket at anything from $100-$200 each?  

I live in PA, so the lottery is tricky for me from home (timing is too tight), so my best bet is probably to do the line and lottery combo.  I wonder if anyone has won the lottery while in the line?

CassandraReads
#4033Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/4/17 at 3:56pm

Definitely play the lottery while you are in line!! The people in line usually remind each other to do it anyway! $10 front row tickets are even better than $200 front row tickets! Hamilton Cancellation Line I have read of at least one person winning the lottery while waiting on the cancellation line.

Wednesdays have been known to get tricky because of the two shows, but if you are willing to spend an entire day in line, you will get tickets any day of the week- it's really all a matter of getting on line super early in the morning. :) 

The only time I have seen people ordering tickets from stub hub or another reseller while on the cancellation line was when they realized that they were not going to get tickets through the line for that night. Or they just tired of the line and wanted to get off of it. 

labdogs42
#4034Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/4/17 at 4:04pm

CassandraReads said: "

Wednesdays have been known to get tricky because of the two shows, but if you are willing to spend an entire day in line, you will get tickets any day of the week- it's really all a matter of getting on line super early in the morning. :) "

and by "super early" you mean?  5?  7?  

"

CassandraReads
#4035Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/4/17 at 4:15pm

Maybe now that it's cold out 7am might be okay, but when we did it this summer we were lining up closer to 4am. I might still line up before 7 for a matinee. These are total guesses, of course. I haven't done the line since November so just really going by what I've read here. 

Big Apple2 Profile Photo
Big Apple2
#4036Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/4/17 at 4:36pm

I have a follow up question on a two-day show like Wednesday.  If only 12 people got in for the matinee show and I'm the 13th person in line and willing to continue to take my chances for the evening performance, do I now become the first person in line for cancellation tickets?

dokool
#4037Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/4/17 at 6:52pm

Big Apple2 said: "I have a follow up question on a two-day show like Wednesday.  If only 12 people got in for the matinee show and I'm the 13th person in line and willing to continue to take my chances for the evening performance, do I now become the first person in line for cancellation tickets?"

Yes.

CassandraReads
#4038Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/4/17 at 7:05pm

Big Apple2 said: "I have a follow up question on a two-day show like Wednesday.  If only 12 people got in for the matinee show and I'm the 13th person in line and willing to continue to take my chances for the evening performance, do I now become the first person in line for cancellation tickets?

In a perfect world (and perfect line, yes), however, I have been there when things have not gone down like that. Granted, since the summer things have become a little less crazy, but this summer there was NO acknowledged line for the Wednesday evening performance until evening. The "official" line could only begin at 5:30pm. So, although people who did not get in for the matinee show waited around all day, they were not "allowed" to form a regulation line. Then, at 5:30, when the ushers announced that a line was starting, other people could (and did) rush in front of them. 

tylergrabo
#4039Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/4/17 at 7:20pm

My friend and I are going to take our shot at the cancellation line on either Saturday the 28th or Sunday the 29th, and we were planning on arriving at the theater around 7am. On Saturday, there is a 2pm and 7 pm show, and on Sunday there is 3pm matinee. I have a few questions.

- Which day would our chances be better?

- Would it be better if we arrived earlier?

- Are people younger than 18 allowed to buy tickets?

- Do you have any other suggestions to increase our chances?

Thanks!

Robbyne
#4040Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/4/17 at 7:34pm

Don't put too much hope in that theory. While the matinee performance, the line mandatorily has to dissipate. Many times, when it's time to line back up, new people will claim #1 spot. The theatre does not care at all, and will pay no attention to a list or anything like that. Could you end up with nice people who let you reclaim your rightful position, sure, but I wouldn't hold your breath unfortunately.

dokool
#4041Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/4/17 at 9:22pm

tylergrabo said:

- Which day would our chances be better?

If you're willing to tough it out for a whole day, Saturday simply because there's two shows and if you don't get into the matinee you still have a shot at the evening show. That said, you have to accept the risk that more people will be in line because it's the weekend, and also that there may be fewer cancellations.

Yes - if you absolutely 100% want to get into the matinee, you need to look at arriving pre-sunrise.

- Are people younger than 18 allowed to buy tickets?

I don't see why not if you have enough money for tickets, just be smart & safe.

- Do you have any other suggestions to increase our chances?

Beyond "get there super early" and doing the online lottery there's really no way to improve your odds.

tylergrabo
#4042Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/5/17 at 12:15am

Yes - if you absolutely 100% want to get into the matinee, you need to look at arriving pre

Updated On: 1/5/17 at 12:15 AM

Rainyday3
#4043Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/5/17 at 4:25am

I'm going to be in NY for just under a week around the Presidents' Day holiday.  Looking at doing the cancellation line (well, my daughter is the one who said she'll do it), but we need/would like 4 tickets.  Is it possible to get one line sitter for 2 tickets and she waits for two as well?  I've followed this thread for so long, and am not sure what the current rules are.  I could possibly wait with her, but I honestly don't know if I can handle the cold of February for that long!  Or could a line sitter start in the line with her early and then I come relieve the sitter?  I'm looking at trying it on Tuesday, Feb. 21st.  I figured that would be best, since it's after the holiday weekend, but I leave the following day so really don't want to mess up and not get to go!

"

dokool
#4044Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/5/17 at 7:49am

tylergrabo said: "- Would it be better if we arrived earlier?

Yes - if you absolutely 100% want to get into the matinee, you need to look at arriving pre-sunrise.

Is (time) am early enough for a 3pm matinee!"

The first rule of Line Club is you don't talk about what time you're showing up to Line Club, because someone else might see your post and decide to beat you by 10-15 minutes.

Read through the experiences of people waiting in line, pick a time you feel good about, and stick with it 

Updated On: 1/5/17 at 07:49 AM

labdogs42
#4045Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/5/17 at 8:44am

Robbyne said: "Don't put too much hope in that theory. While the matinee performance, the line mandatorily has to dissipate. Many times, when it's time to line back up, new people will claim #1 spot. The theatre does not care at all, and will pay no attention to a list or anything like that. Could you end up with nice people who let you reclaim your rightful position, sure, but I wouldn't hold your breath unfortunately.

So, on matinee days, one can arrive later in order to JUST line up for the evening performance?  in theory?  Has anyone done this?  What time does the "new" line form?  Anyone know?  This is an interesting idea, too.

"

SameOleLineDudesLLC Profile Photo
SameOleLineDudesLLC
#4046Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/6/17 at 8:35am

casedilla2 said: "There are companies of people who sit in this line and do the same thing I do but charge additional money on top of the price of the tickets, so if anyone is a scalper in this situation, it's them.

Excuse me? I strongly suggest you look up scalping before you attempt to throw line sitting companies under the bus because another poster wiped the floor with your *ss!  We provide a service, that people pay for. A former client suggested I pop in and check out your post.Glad I did. Deflect much?

"

Robert Samuel Owner, Same Ole Line Dudes, LLC (347)744-WAIT "We wait for your wants!"
Updated On: 1/6/17 at 08:35 AM

TayTay2
#4047Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/6/17 at 9:28am

Was here yesterday. We were number 19 and 20 and we missed getting in. There were still 7 people in front of us. The first couple who arrived got here at 8 am. By 5 pm there were about 26 people. The first couple were able to get tickets an hr before the show started. Closer to 7 the line grew to close to 40. 

TayTay2
#4048Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/6/17 at 9:30am

Anyone interested in tickets for tonight pm me.

Valyitz
#4049Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/6/17 at 10:31am

Walked past the theatre about 15 minutes ago and there was only 1 person in line.

Videos