News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 163

Hamilton Cancellation Line

rosemary234
#4050Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/6/17 at 10:57am

PM'd you!

Plantthefern28
#4051Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/6/17 at 12:19pm

TayTay2

I PM'd you

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#4052Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/7/17 at 2:54am

boonanas said: "I'm curious... what is the general occupation of most people that do this line?  Like... I guess I'm mostly talking about the local folks... not the tourists that come out and want to see Hamilton during their big trip to NYC. 

Are most of the 'die-hards' unemployed or students?  Would love to know... ASKING FOR A FRIEND

I sell luxury home fragrances for a living.  Did the line for (see avatar) hours back in March (no ticket obtained) and called out the next day due to complete exhaustion!  An occupation with benefits!  Sick days!   YAY!  

LaVieBoheme2
#4053Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/7/17 at 3:17pm

Super last minute offer but my friend and I were waiting for the matinee and they ran out of tickets right as they got to us. So now we're waiting for the evening show TONIGHT - we're 3rd in line (two line sitters are ahead of us getting two tickets each). We only need two so we can take up to  2 as our plus ones, if you're willing to pay for our ticket as well. If you're interested, message me!

Updated On: 1/7/17 at 03:17 PM

#4054Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/7/17 at 7:07pm

Out of curiosity.. how long was the line today before and after matinee?

xruby
#4055Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/7/17 at 8:04pm

LaVieBoheme2 said: "Super last minute offer but my friend and I were waiting for the matinee and they ran out of tickets right as they got to us. So now we're waiting for the evening show TONIGHT - we're 3rd in line (two line sitters are ahead of us getting two tickets each). We only need two so we can take up to  2 as our plus ones, if you're willing to pay for our ticket as well. If you're interested, message me!

"

That's so nice of you!! I hope someone took up your kind offer :) 

xruby
#4056Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/7/17 at 8:08pm

Two of us are going to be waiting in the cancellation line next Saturday (1/14) and wanted to see if anyone else was waiting!

I did the line back in May so I'm pretty familiar with it - but I think the cold will be a new challenge for me haha. 

defygravity2 Profile Photo
defygravity2
#4057Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/7/17 at 9:30pm

After obsessively reading this thread for the past year from California, I finally got to experience it first hand, and I LOVED every minute! I was first to arrive at 4:40am, and by 5:05 there were 6 of us in line (8 tickets total needed). Even through there were nine hours of wind, snow, and VERY cold weather (California born and raised!), I would do this again in a heartbeat! I am thankful I was dealing with HOURS instead of DAYS of waiting in line. 

I will spare you all the details, as they pretty much confirm all the fun stories on this thread of anticipation, camaraderie, and perseverance. I was fully prepared to get our tickets at the last minute, but the one factor I never considered was the last minute craziness of all the ticket holders, will call people, lottery ticket winners, and random people trying to buy a last minute ticket swarming around he theater (probably made even worse from the wind and snow). 

We ended up in a 3rd row orchestra aisle seat (!), and I know at least 8 tickets were given out for the matinee. The box office guy said that there were NOT a lot available.  Earlier in the day, a gal came by  and told me that only 3 tickets given out on Wednesday, 10 on Thursday, and 10 on Friday. I will try to find out how many were actually given out for today's matinee (at least 8 and tonight's show (met some very nice line sitter guys in the past two days who can get me info).

So all this to say, it was a GREAT day for this 50-something, theater-obsessed  mom to experience! Thank you to all the people who have posted your line experiences for the past year.....I have read every single comment and felt prepared for today.

Updated On: 1/7/17 at 09:30 PM

dokool
#4058Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/8/17 at 2:45am

defygravity2 said: "Earlier in the day, a gal came by  and told me that only 3 tickets given out on Wednesday, 10 on Thursday, and 10 on Friday."

3 on Wednesday? They must have been talking about the evening show because at least 20 got into the matinee by my headcount. Congrats though, I was very lucky to do that line on Wednesday w/ great weather and definitely wouldn't have survived the weekend!

Updated On: 1/8/17 at 02:45 AM

stormyweather2
#4059Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/8/17 at 6:55am

Hey HamilFans -- I'm a couple months early with this post, but just trying to get a sense of what my plan should be. I've been reading this thread for a couple weeks and there is a ton of great information here -- thank you guys for being so diligent, kind, and informative!

I'm going to be in NYC over St. Patrick's weekend (coming up from NC for the half marathon on Sunday 3/19). I'll only be there for a few days (Thurs-Mon), so I have a couple of things already scheduled. I've been obsessed with the Hamilton soundtrack for ages but still have not managed to see the show, so I'm thinking of taking a shot at the cancellation line.

My options are as follows, each with a caveat:

-- Friday 3/17. I could get there very early and wait in line all day / as long as needed. The only issue is, I have a Wicked ticket for that night. I'm willing to sell it back (I've seen that show a dozen times) but I'm concerned about there being enough time to do so, since with the new Ham rules, it seems like tickets are handed out very last-minute and then you're not allowed out once you step in to the box office.

-- Saturday 3/18. Again, could get there early and wait as long as needed. The issue on this day is that I have a Behind the Emerald Curtain ticket (which I've never done before and so don't want to give up) at 10am. I'd only be gone for 90 minutes or so, but under new rules, seems like swapping in and out of line is no longer allowed? 

-- Sunday 3/19. This is the day of the half marathon, so although I'll be free all afternoon and evening, I wouldn't be able to get in line super early (realistically, probably not before noon). I've seen a few kindhearted people posting here about line-sitting in exchange for their ticket cost being paid, and I'd be more than willing to do that for someone on that Sunday (or Saturday, for that matter), if anyone happens to see this and is so inclined. 

Thanks in advance for any advice. I know I'm trying to squeeze a lot into one weekend, so if this doesn't happen, that's okay too, but I want to at least make the best effort possible. Either way, I figure I'll mostly just be sitting on my butt eating carbs for the majority of the weekend, and I can do that just as easily in the cancellation line as anywhere else, right? :)

Browneyes142
#4060Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/9/17 at 9:24am

I sent you a pm.

220Basswood
#4061Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/9/17 at 3:58pm

I showed up yesterday a little after noon and was 14th in line.  4 more people showed up after me close to 1pm.  We all got tickets at five minutes prior to the curtain.  The seats were in the 6th and 7th rows dead center orchestra.

casedilla2
#4062Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/9/17 at 8:27pm

SameOleLineDudesLLC said: "casedilla2 said: "There are companies of people who sit in this line and do the same thing I do but charge additional money on top of the price of the tickets, so if anyone is a scalper in this situation, it's them.

Excuse me? I strongly suggest you look up scalping before you attempt to throw line sitting companies under the bus because another poster wiped the floor with your *ss!  We provide a service, that people pay for. A former client suggested I pop in and check out your post.Glad I did. Deflect much?"

I strongly suggest you read what I said before making assumptions and publicly attacking me. I did not say I have any problem at all with the service you offer - clearly I do not since I offer a similar one, just without an added fee. What you do is completely within the rules of the line and I have nothing against you - in fact, I've always gotten along very well with your line sitters and enjoy their company in line. All I meant is that if someone wanted to get technical, your service is much closer to reselling Hamilton tickets at a higher price than face value than mine is, which is why it's odd that a poster decided to specifically come after me for "scalping" when line sitting has been mentioned many times here. I never said there's anything wrong with it.

220Basswood
#4063Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/9/17 at 8:41pm

Everyone in the line yesterday was quite nice but I did not meet any line sitters.  I know this because we all told each other that we were only getting tickets for ourselves and then we saw each other sitting in the theater.  The tickets were 200 for the orchestra and some people waiting in line saw that the stub hub prices were 400 but nobody was willing to pay twice the price of the face value for a ticket.  I discovered that the people were willing to let me leave for an hour as long as I later on let them leave for an hour also.  That way none of us paid more than face value and we were not stuck in the line for the entire time. 

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#4064Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/9/17 at 8:46pm

SameOleLineDudesLLC said: "Excuse me? I strongly suggest you look up scalping before you attempt to throw line sitting companies under the bus because another poster wiped the floor with your *ss!  We provide a service, that people pay for. A former client suggested I pop in and check out your post.Glad I did. Deflect much?"

I don't care who said what, but the tone of your response is a great impression to give potential customers viewing this thread.

craynyc
#4065Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/9/17 at 9:06pm

SameOleLineDudesLLC said: "casedilla2 said: "There are companies of people who sit in this line and do the same thing I do but charge additional money on top of the price of the tickets, so if anyone is a scalper in this situation, it's them.

Excuse me? I strongly suggest you look up scalping before you attempt to throw line sitting companies under the bus because another poster wiped the floor with your *ss!  We provide a service, that people pay for. A former client suggested I pop in and check out your post.Glad I did. Deflect much?

"

"

dude if you're a professional, you're not doing yourself any favors coming off like that. I mean you do realize your name and company name is in your signature line right? Who would want to do business with you if/after they see you replying so awfully to someone else?

Rainah
#4066Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/9/17 at 9:53pm

same ole line dudes have been very rude in a couple of places I've seen. Very aggressive with anything even remotely resembling competition. It really doesn't reflect well on their company

defygravity2 Profile Photo
defygravity2
#4067Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/9/17 at 10:42pm

I met two of their guys this past weekend while I was in two different lines, and I have to say, they were two of the nicest guys I have ever met! One loaned me his rolled up yoga mat and blanket with plastic on one side to keep the blowing snow off of me while we waited in line for Hamilton. Both were super friendly and fun to talk to. I plan on sending business their way when my friend goes in April...she isn't crazy like me and willing to spend a dozen hours of her trip sitting on a sidewalk! They offer a service, and I think the idea is brilliant....I'm just to cheap to pay someone to do what I can do for free! Hamilton Cancellation Line

superyan
#4068Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/10/17 at 11:02am

I posted this a while ago.  Does anyone know how obstructed the seats are in row D that are off on the far aisle?  Row E was not considered obstructed, so I want to believe that row D is barely obstructed.

Also... I noticed that the seats in the back of the orchestra are also obstructed.  What do you miss?

Rainah
#4069Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/10/17 at 11:21am

superyan said: "I posted this a while ago.  Does anyone know how obstructed the seats are in row D that are off on the far aisle?  Row E was not considered obstructed, so I want to believe that row D is barely obstructed.

Also... I noticed that the seats in the back of the orchestra are also obstructed.  What do you miss?
"

Almost certain the back of the orchestra are obstructed because the mezz overhang obstructs the view of the upper balcony. There's not much up there though, mostly symbolic actor placement.

Cubas2
#4070Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/10/17 at 11:14pm

How bad do you guys think the cancellation line will be this weekend? With MLK Day and all, I fear it might be impossibly crowded and I'd have to be there at like 3am to get a ticket.

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#4071Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/11/17 at 10:00pm

Tuesday was 5th in line, got there at 10:30, got awesome seats right at show time.  The people who arrived as late as 5 probably got tickets as well.  The cop let the line get really long.  

Stephanatic

RiseUp2
#4072Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/12/17 at 9:36am

Does anybody know how the Chicago cancellation line works?  Same type of thing?   I read that their unpurchased lottery tickets also go to the cancellation line, but I'm wondering if there are more tickets available for things like standing room only or unused VIP.

And anyone done it?

chocoholik
#4073Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/13/17 at 10:22am

Hi all! Just have a question about cancellation line. When you're buying tickets do they take credit card, or do I need to carry around $200 cash with me?

Big Apple2 Profile Photo
Big Apple2
#4074Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/13/17 at 10:31am

chocoholik said: "Hi all! Just have a question about cancellation line. When you're buying tickets do they take credit card, or do I need to carry around $200 cash with me?"

The purchase is settled at the box office, which takes credit card or cash.

Videos