News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 160

Hamilton Cancellation Line

SarahNYC2
#3975Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/28/16 at 5:11pm

boonanas said: "Quick question... how is waiting on a line for over 6 hours in extremely cold weather for the opportunity to pay full price for tickets considered 'having a blast'?

I kind of want to know this as well. I'm thinking maybe some people like the whole experience of it. I thought about doing this as my schedule is really open, but honestly I just couldn't see the appeal of it. I've seen a lot of shows this week, and hopefully one day I will see Hamilton but I just couldn't bring myself to camp out in cold weather. I am not sure I could do it even in warm weather.

"

Amymet
#3976Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/28/16 at 9:24pm

boonanas said: "Quick question... how is waiting on a line for over 6 hours in extremely cold weather for the opportunity to pay full price for tickets considered 'having a blast'?

"I know how you feel today I waited in the line for 7 hours and I honestly thought it would be hell! As soon as I got there I joined the line and everyone was so nice and kind and we became great friends. Most of the day we talked and yes it was cold but it's was great fun just talking and hearing about everyone's obsessions with Hamilton!! Personally after waiting in the line I still wasn't sure if it was worth it but as soon as I got my ticket and it was row B I knew it was worth it! I'm a huge Hamilton fan and I'm all the way from New Zealand so this was my only shot at the line so as soon as that opening music start I just balled my eyes out realizing that my dream had came true

Cubas2
#3977Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/28/16 at 10:05pm

CassandraReads said: "4am-6am can get a little bit sketchy on 46th St., in my experience. You might consider a whistle or an alarm sound on your phone, just to be safe. :) "

I'll be in NYC in the next few days and this is the first time I heard of this. Can anybody else chime in? How sketchy is it?

ellingjt
#3978Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/28/16 at 11:52pm

I was in line from 4am until 6am on Dec 17th (a Saturday) and didn't feel like it was sketchy at all. It's half a block from Times Square and across from a 4 star hotel. I saw a few drunk people walking around after bars but they were friendly. 

Robbyne
#3979Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/29/16 at 12:00am

Cubas2 said: "CassandraReads said: "4am-6am can get a little bit sketchy on 46th St., in my experience. You might consider a whistle or an alarm sound on your phone, just to be safe. :) "

I'll be in NYC in the next few days and this is the first time I heard of this. Can anybody else chime in? How sketchy is it?

I am a single female in my 20's who did the line by myself 3 times during the summer. 2 of those times were before any of the OBC cast left, so I slept outside the theatre 2 days at a time, on 2 separate occasions, with a group, but kind of alone, since I didn't know any of those people prior to the line. I don't think the area is sketchy at all. If it wasn't sketchy while people were sleeping, I certainly don't think it's sketchy when you're sitting there close to daylight. Like anything, use wisdom and always be cautious of your surroundings.

"

lafayettelove
#3980Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/29/16 at 1:37am

Cubas2 said: "CassandraReads said: "4am-6am can get a little bit sketchy on 46th St., in my experience. You might consider a whistle or an alarm sound on your phone, just to be safe. :) "

" it was not that bad for me. i went in june and i was there at 5 am and it seems sketchy bcuz its a quiet city street with only a video playing across the street while its still dark outside, but i wasnt approached unless i was asked for money but nothing else  

Cubas2
#3981Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/29/16 at 3:31am

Oh that's good to hear. Thanks for the responses! 

#3982Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/30/16 at 1:53pm

How much do tickets usually go for? My friend and I are probably going to get there around 5:45 and wait in line for the matinee 

Updated On: 12/30/16 at 01:53 PM

Robbyne
#3983Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/30/16 at 7:19pm

Kales913 said: "How much do tickets usually go for? My friend and I are probably going to get there around 5:45 and wait in line for the matinee 

"

I don't know if the holiday week changes the prices at all, but normally 

premium - $549

orchestra - $199

stwnding room - $40

superyan
#3984Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/30/16 at 7:33pm

I'm not really sure to post this, but this seems appropriate.

How is the view from Row D that is all the way on the side?  It's labeled as partial, but the same seats one row back are not.  I may have a chance to get them from a guy I know and I"m not sure about the view.

CassandraReads Profile Photo
CassandraReads
#3985Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/30/16 at 7:40pm

CassandraReads Profile Photo
CassandraReads
#3986Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/30/16 at 7:50pm

Sorry, I don't check the boards every day.... I have done the line 3 times and each time we had a blast. You are surrounded by people who are as excited as you to see the show, and those people are very nice about leaving line, so you can grab food, go to the bathroom at a local hotel, take little breaks. I find the time to be liberating because once you have committed to sitting there, there's not much else you can do except read, chat, people watch, play on your phone. Real life disappears and for me, I welcome the break from work and real life. I have met people on line who will be friends for life. I have also become friendly with two of the ushers and the policeman who works the crowds outside the theatre. I just love the experience! 

As far as sketchy, yes, it's true. I'm glad to hear that no one else here has run into any shady characters, but we did- each of the mornings we sat outside the theatre. Maybe it's because we were 2 women alone, but we were approached by no less than 5 different men or groups of men who either asked for money or tried to intimidate us in their drunken stupors. There is a doorman outside of the hotel across the street who came over at one point to assist us, and there are police that stand on the corner of 46th, but they don't head down to the theatre area. Just be aware, is all I'm saying. It didn't stop me from doing the line at 4am again. :) 

Valyitz
#3987Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/30/16 at 8:21pm

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but I'm really struggling to find this information - on the other side of things, how would one go about actually cancelling tickets? 

I bought a pair of standard tickets months ago for next week but it turns out I can't make it. If it's possible to be refunded and have my tickets go to the cancellation line then I would rather do that then try and sell them, but I haven't been able to find any information about cancelling either on Ticketmaster or on the Hamilton website so I don't know what's possible.

craynyc
#3988Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/30/16 at 8:52pm

who did you buy them from? That makes all the difference. Ticketmaster is very good about refunds. Call their 800 #. Or was it stub hub? I've found them a bit more difficult to get a hold of. But either way it shouldn't be too bad trying to get a refund. Reselling the tix to someone might be better though. There's no shortage of ppl willing to buy them from you!

superyan
#3989Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/30/16 at 9:32pm

Valyitz said: "Apologies if this is a dumb question, but I'm really struggling to find this information - on the other side of things, how would one go about actually cancelling tickets? 

I bought a pair of standard tickets months ago for next week but it turns out I can't make it. If it's possible to be refunded and have my tickets go to the cancellation line then I would rather do that then try and sell them, but I haven't been able to find any information about cancelling either on Ticketmaster or on the Hamilton website so I don't know what's possible.

"

Call Ticketmaster.  They are sometimes OK with refunds.
If you got them on a secondary site, they won't do anything since the inventory isn't theirs.
You can sell them and make a killing... or I'm sure someone here will buy them from you.

#3990Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/30/16 at 10:29pm

As someone who is going to wait in the cancellation line anyway I would be very interested in buying them!

Cubas2
#3991Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/31/16 at 12:41am

Valyitz said: "Apologies if this is a dumb question, but I'm really struggling to find this information - on the other side of things, how would one go about actually cancelling tickets? 

"

I don't know the specifics, but depending on the date, location and price I might be willing to buy them. 

Valyitz
#3992Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/31/16 at 7:17am

Thanks everyone - very helpful! I got them through Ticketmaster.

The tickets are for Tuesday 3rd Jan at 7pm - orchestra row F seats 14/16 - I paid $425 (total) for the two tickets. If anyone is interested for that date then let me know, otherwise tomorrow I'll try calling Ticketmaster.

bsolomonster
#3993Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/31/16 at 8:06am

Valyitz said: "Thanks everyone - very helpful! I got them through Ticketmaster.

The tickets are for Tuesday 3rd Jan at 7pm - orchestra row F seats 14/16 - I paid $425 (total) for the two tickets. If anyone is interested for that date then let me know, otherwise tomorrow I'll try calling Ticketmaster.

I'm very interested Valyitz! I sent you a pm

"

AHam2
#3994Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/31/16 at 10:09am

Hey guys, travelling to NY in mid Jan and I would really like to see Hamilton! Just wondering what the cancellation line is like now in winter and approx what time you should be in it for a good chance at scoring tickets.

220Basswood
#3995Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/31/16 at 7:10pm

Hi.  I am going to be in New York on April 28th through April 30th.  I am looking for two tickets to Hamilton.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#3996Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 12/31/16 at 7:18pm

That's nice. Good luck!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

TayTay2
#3997Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/1/17 at 2:20pm

Willing to be a line sitter for anyone interested in Hamilton tickets for this Friday January 5th. There will be two of us, perfect for anyone needing tickets and not wanting to stand in line. 

lafayettelove
#3998Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/1/17 at 2:42pm

I have a question regarding the stage door. My friend is basically in love with jordan fisher and i wanted to take her to the stage door this weekend to meet him. Does anyone know if he usually comes outside?

lafayettelove
#3999Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 1/1/17 at 2:42pm

I have a question regarding the stage door. My friend is basically in love with jordan fisher and i wanted to take her to the stage door this weekend to meet him. Does anyone know if he usually comes outside?

Videos